Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 5 Next >>
Topic: Question for JB : Danger Unlimited (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:20pm | IP Logged | 1  

Loved the series and especially the flashbacks to the old adventures.  The way Doc Danger's head grew over time felt so 1950s to me.  I wish we could see more.  It is a shame JB can't clone himself and therefore do like 30 books a month.  :)
Back to Top profile | search

Aaron Smith
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:23pm | IP Logged | 2  

Count me among those who'd love to see more DU!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Eric Smearman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:25pm | IP Logged | 3  

Me, too!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:28pm | IP Logged | 4  

DANGER UNLIMITED has become much like that unfinished Batmobile kit sitting out in my garage. It really wouldn't take all that much to finish it, but other things keep sliding in front of it in the queue.

DU could make a comeback -- but there are so many other things in the pipeline I'd rather do first!

Allan Summerall
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:49pm | IP Logged | 5  

I just ordered the TPB from Amazon. I only have one issue of this series in my collection that I could find. I wouldn't mind some more Torch of Liberty by JB and Kieron Dwyer either ;)

Sean Watson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged | 6  

I would like to see more DU in the future. Hopefully down the line JB will get to do it.

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 2:45pm | IP Logged | 7  

That's great to hear, JB.  Do you feel the same way about the Torch of Liberty?

Brad Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 8  

I completely understand the situation of things getting in the way and suddenly it's 20 years gone.

Question for John Byrne (hopefully without too much thread drift):

In a perfect world, what, if any, comic series would you like to be working on most (and with whom), if the stars aligned and you could have anything you wanted?

Trevor Phillip
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 3:09am | IP Logged | 9  

DANGER UNLIMITED has become much like that unfinished Batmobile kit sitting out in my garage. It really wouldn't take all that much to finish it, but other things keep sliding in front of it in the queue.

DU could make a comeback -- but there are so many other things in the pipeline I'd rather do first!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe DU could be done as a "back-up" story in the new Byrne books at IDW -- a few pages each month --- over time building to a cliff-hanger that leads into a giant DU one-shot.?!?!?!?!?!

Pedro Bouça
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged | 10  

A few years ago I would be asking for a DU sequel too, but JB has been creating so much great new stuff lately that it seems like a step backwards now.

I mean, I would like to see them back, but I'm more interested on seeing Doomsday.1 or Finders of Lost Children (loved the glimpse of the series on Next Men Aftermath) or more High Ways than Danger Unlimited.

Let JB do what he is inspired to do right now. It seems to me now that his creativity was stifled by editorial constraints for way too long. Now that he is "free", he doesn't need his fans to constrain him instead!

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 8:51am | IP Logged | 11  

Pedro B:  "A few years ago I would be asking for a DU sequel too, but JB has been creating so much great new stuff lately that it seems like a step backwards now."

I agree that the recent original titles are excellent, but I don't think DANGER UNLIMITED would be a step backwards.  I would be excited to see DANGER UNLIMITED and hope it is on the horizon. 

I remember when JB went back to Marvel after the market imploded, and I was disappointed that DU would not continue.  It wasn't just that the book was so good, it was a glimpse of further original characters that we would see beyond NEXT MEN.

JB's return to Marvel was a welcome homecoming, but I would have preferred to see DANGER UNLIMITED continue along with further new titles.  I think we have that today with the IDW releases, and it's a breath of fresh air.  DU would fit nicely into the groove of mini-series we see now.

Brennan Voboril
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 9:59am | IP Logged | 12  

"Maybe DU could be done as a "back-up" story in the new Byrne books at IDW -- a few pages each month --- over time building to a cliff-hanger that leads into a giant DU one-shot.?!?!?!?!?!"

What a great idea.  Love it.

<< Prev Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version