Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 19 Next >>
Topic: Question for JB: How do you deal with these sorts of Morons? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 9:52am | IP Logged | 1  

JB - I know this seems as if I'm starting on a negative tangent, but I'm not trying to flout the rules. It's from awhile ago, but I just read a brain-numbingly stupid thing written by a woman named Ronee Garcia Bourgeois, where she basically describes you as...well, the Devil incarnate. How do you, as an individual, manage to deal with people who seek to do nothing but publicly demonise you?
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 11:09am | IP Logged | 2  

Ah, the Crusaders. People who need to find more
productive things to do with their lives. Addressing
the REAL problems of the world would be a start.

Steve Lyons
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 3  

To paraphrase David Lee Roth, she can keep right on rainin', and JB'll keep right on bein' the parade.

Mike O'Brien
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 12:49pm | IP Logged | 4  

I keep seeing this as "How do you deal with Mormons?", and I keep thinking "Well, I don't know... politely tell them you're not interested?"

Joe Mayer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 5  

Reality is in the eye of the beholder.  Reading her column it sounds like she is trying to address what she sees as a real problem.  I know a great number of people who feel one of their greatest battles is not those full fledged attacks, but rather the invalidation or apathy that people project.  People can do all kinds of things to show how they really feel, but unfortunately one comment that contradicts previous statement (even unintentionally) will forever leave doubt with the general public until that person works even hard to atone their personal brand in those public eyes.

I have read Ronee's column on and off.  Her writing is well thought out and it seems like she is only trying to bring to the comic buying public things that she feels hurts the industry. She is certainly entitled to her opinion.

James C. Taylor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:07pm | IP Logged | 6  

Joe Mayer wrote:
Reading her column it sounds like she is trying to address what she sees as a real problem.

John Byrne is a problem?
Back to Top profile | search | www

Mike O'Brien
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:14pm | IP Logged | 7  

Yeah, well, I've tried that logic, and they go on about how, you know, in their sick green party fascist veiw of the world, JB's thoughts aren't "correct", but I point out, you know, the man doesn't even vote.  There's no there there, I'm afraid.  JB is no threat to anyone - which, I suspect, is why they attack him. 

Because he's an easy target.

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 8  

I can understand how an artist that can reliably output three books per month would be a problem in the current marketplace.

Then again, maybe that's a problem with the market...

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:16pm | IP Logged | 9  

Hang in there, JB. If and when American comics are finally published for the larger American audience, you'll be one of the few with the talent and skill to entertain them. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Trevor Krysak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 10  

I had totally missed out on this little corner of cyberspace. Never read her column or heard of her until I googled it today after seeing this thread. I went to the John Byrne post and looked around. So it's that cover that everyone was discussing months ago and whatever other proof she has of her claims. This was also the first I'd read of any trouble with ChrisCross. Apparently you besmirched his honor or something.

I think I should ask this now and get it out of the way. Are you, John Byrne, a witch? If so it would explain why you are part of an ongoing witch hunt. I envy these people. I wish I had this much time on my hands to go on and on with such mindless crap. If only the power of their wasted lives could be put to something useful. We'd have a better society. Maybe some day.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 11  

She is certainly entitled to her opinion.

Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one.

She is entitled to an informed opinion.

Wayne Osborne
Byrne Robotics Member
Manhunter

Posted: 06 February 2006 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 12  

A couple of things:  One) I still don't see why we continue to bring these things up here.  It's just giving somebody I'd never heard of until this point a bigger audience and much more attention than she deserves.  And Two) I used to own that Action cover and what it says is a note to the inker or colorist to render all the people under Superman and the Spectre as insubstantial because they are all dead.  Again, this "lady" is obviously a moron and is just repeating the flavor of the month Bad Byrne Story - why do we have to repeat it too?

WO

Page of 19 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version