Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 9 Next >>
Topic: Doom Patrol in Teen Titans (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 3:59pm | IP Logged | 1  

Maybe you read a different interview than I did, Thanos, but  the one I saw over at Newsarama just said that  the writers implied  Morrison's  Doom Patrol would somehow be a part of the DCU post  Infinite Crisis.  I didn't see anything about  Morrison's Doom Patrol being "the"  Doom Patrol to the exclusion of  any other version.
Back to Top profile | search

Darren De Vouge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 4:25pm | IP Logged | 2  

[SPOILER]

As i wrote in another thread, Johns having all versions be valid makes no sense whatsoever. 

The current Rita could not be Gar's adopted mother because they are now both approximately the same age.  (Rita did not suddenly age at the conclusion of the Titans story as the Chief did by implication)

If Morrison's version is now part of the history again, how did Niles' head get reattached to his body?

Won't Larry, Cliff and Rita bare a grudge against the Chief knowing that he caused the accidents that turned them into the Doom Patrol as was revealed in Morrison's run?

[/SPOILER]

Darren De Vouge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 4:29pm | IP Logged | 3  

Unfortunately, I read a group interview this afternoon (European time!) that says they will make Morrison's Doom Patrol THE Doom Patrol. Geoff Johns will do that. At least they implied that....

With Morrison as one of the people in charge of the new DC Universe it is highly likely that this is the case.

Morrison doesn't seem like the type of writer who retraces his steps.

[SPOILER]

Aren't Crazy Jane and Rebis now deceased?

[/SPOILER]

Edited by Darren De Vouge on 13 February 2006 at 4:31pm

Kurt Anderson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 4  

The sudden appearance of all versions of the DP, as well as the fractured memories, are themes that are appearing in several DC titles this week.  Various Lois Lanes, visions of the different Justice League headquarters, etc.

We have to wait 'till the end of the series to find out what we'll end up with.  At this point we don't know if we're all going to be on Earth 2 or on Earth Captain Carrot.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:20pm | IP Logged | 5  

I guess I'm looking at this from the opposite direction as other people, because I like the solution. I don't see the idea of all the versions existing meaning that all the versions have to be reconciled. It's pretty much Hypertime, except nonvague. Which is amusing because DC said they were no longer using the Hypertime concept, except they are and calling it "Superboy/Alex Luthor time anomalies."

Mike Norris
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:24pm | IP Logged | 6  

The current Rita could not be Gar's adopted mother because they are now both approximately the same age.  (Rita did not suddenly age at the conclusion of the Titans story as the Chief did by implication)

How old were Rita and Gar in the old DP stories? I assume Gar was in his early teens and Rita in her early twenties. A ten year gap roughly? Steve Dayton was older, thirties probably. Not the first older rich guy to find love with a younger actress. 

Edited by Mike Norris on 13 February 2006 at 5:25pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Kleefeld
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:41pm | IP Logged | 7  

My idea for which Doom Patrol incarnation should be the status quo of DC: the Drake/Premiani version.

Troy Nunis
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 8  

so . . you're saying they should be left dead and we should move on?

Darren De Vouge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 6:07pm | IP Logged | 9  

How old were Rita and Gar in the old DP stories? I assume Gar was in his early teens and Rita in her early twenties. A ten year gap roughly? Steve Dayton was older, thirties probably. Not the first older rich guy to find love with a younger actress. 

In the original Doom Patrol series, Gar was probably somwhere between 12-14 years old and definitely 16 by the time of the Wolfman TItans (when Rita was deceased). 
Rita was probably in her mid- to-late twenties in the original DP run.  JB's Rita (I believe) is supposed to about 19 years old while Gar is currently 19-21 right now, depending on who you believe.  Dayton was probably in his thirties.

Keith Elder
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 6:23pm | IP Logged | 10  

...JB's Rita (I believe) is supposed to about 19 years old...

That young?  I would have thought mid-twenties.  She made it through college and then went to work for Niles, didn't she? 

She was how old during the time travel incident with Cliff?  Around thirteen?  Was it stated how long ago that was?

Edited by Keith Elder on 13 February 2006 at 6:23pm

Darren De Vouge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 6:29pm | IP Logged | 11  

That young?  I would have thought mid-twenties.  She made it through college and then went to work for Niles, didn't she? 

I might have to get JB's run out again and start rereading everything to make sure.  I was left with the impression that she's something of a prodigy.  Even if she's currently 25 and Gar is 19 though, that's still a pretty narrow age gap for an adoption.

Edited by Darren De Vouge on 13 February 2006 at 6:31pm

Daniel Kendrick
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 February 2006 at 6:36pm | IP Logged | 12  

My understanding is that they all REMEMBERED the alternate universes now, similar to Donna Troy, Psycho Pirate and others. 

<< Prev Page of 9 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version