Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 15 Next >>
Topic: Are other forums whatching us? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:39am | IP Logged | 1  

Cause' it seems like they are.

We've had a slew of people here coming just to disagree, and If I may be frank, thats kind of silly. This post is mainly for them.

I think its perfectly fine to have a different preference. Your entilted to one just like everyone else. But I don't understand the idea of coming over to a web forum just to disagree with a point being made there.

I don't go to other comic forums because my opinions are very different from that of the average fan. As a result, I don't go to them to post, espicially not to disagree, no matter how strongly I feel, because all I would be doing is inciting an argument that would have no conclustion.

So its fine if you want to talk about how dumb we are, or how were bootlickers or whatever, as long as its on your own forum. No one here should raid another place, and expect the same courtesy from everyone else.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:59am | IP Logged | 2  

When I first posted on the old Byrne board I was a doubter of JB's views. But after some replies from him and others, I realized they knew what they were talking about. So guys from other boards coming here to argue is not necesarily a bad thing. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Jason Fulton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 3  

It's both strange and sad that people show up to earn some sort of internet social proof.
Back to Top profile | search

Rey Madrinan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:04pm | IP Logged | 4  

When I first posted on the old Byrne board I was a doubter of JB's views. But after some replies from him and others, I realized they knew what they were talking about. So guys from other boards coming here to argue is not necesarily a bad thing.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------

I suppose you have a point Joe, but a lot of these guys don't seem as open-minded as you are.

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:11pm | IP Logged | 5  

If you don't like a creator's work and find you don't agree with his views, why on Earth would you visit a forum devoted to that creator? The only reason, it seems to me, is to stir up trouble and become a pain in the ass to those of us who ARE fans. I've slapped the "ignore" switch on two posters today, making a grand total of three-- which is kind of sad. I'd rather they leave this board altogether than try to pollute a great place to hang out online.

Trevor Krysak
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:12pm | IP Logged | 6  

I think it's fine that people don't share the same beliefs. If they come here set to be contrary that's a waste. I would hope everyone posting here has an open mind about things. I know I try to keep one.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:23pm | IP Logged | 7  

Or if they come here to post "shitcock" or other tired internet memes eighty-four times in ten threads under different aliases...

Ted Downum
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:33pm | IP Logged | 8  

Andrew Bitner:  "If you don't like a creator's work and find you don't agree with his views, why on Earth would you visit a forum devoted to that creator? The only reason, it seems to me, is to stir up trouble and become a pain in the ass to those of us who ARE fans."

What Andrew said. 

At least we have mods here who will not hesitate to stomp on a rowdy troll if it becomes necessary.

That said...let them watch us.  Let them watch us and let them envy us. 

For we are magnificent. 

Mig Da Silva
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 9  

I'm perfectly fine with people who disagree, in fact, if they couldn't come here to disagree, this wouldn't be a Forum now wouldn't it?

The problem is the intentional troll. And people who come here to scrap quotes for their Board. I've seen people from the Bendis Boards do this. And if you read this weeks Lying in the Gutters you'll see that he too continues to scour more filth he can turn into adviews into his "column".

And that yes, is profoundly sad, and a pathetic commentary on the vertebral state of some people.

But i actually, whish some people would cut more slack to people who come here precisely to disagree. Things can and should be argumented against, not mob-ruled.

I see no problem in a person that comes here to say that he doesn't apprecieate JB's work and point some flaws, i think they should be welcomed.

Mike O'Brien
Byrne Robotics Member
Official JB Historian

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 10  

My posts in every thread of the Star Wars Forum are proof that one can disagree with John Bynre and not be banned or deleted.

It's all in keeping a civil and informed debate.

If I came on here and say, you know, "John Byrne, why did you ruin Ape-Man?"  Uh... how do you reply to that?  How would you reply to that if someone said that to you in person?  

The idiocy of the whole thing makes me doubt the future of mankind.

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:36pm | IP Logged | 11  

" as open-minded as you are."

Occasionally. But usually I'm just a stubborn fool.

Andrew Bitner
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 June 2006 at 12:43pm | IP Logged | 12  

I have no problem with those who disagree with me or anyone else on this board. I do have a serious problem with those who come here IN ORDER TO disagree (to say nothing of being provocateurs or cyberthugs), especially those who are rude, obnoxious or otherwise socially retarded.

To answer Rey's question, I think it's clear that other boards (and their content providers) keep an eye on this space, for good reason. There are some great discussions here. Not everybody agrees, but everyone who's worthwhile has learned how to show respect and be polite.

For the rest, well, I'm glad our mods are there. Let 'em lurk.

Page of 15 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version