Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 1:54am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

http://4dw.net/wwfhogan/nwophotos.html

Edited by Sam Karns on 14 May 2007 at 11:00pm
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 May 2007 at 3:36am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Sam, to answer your question, Ring of Honor is a separate wrestling fed. They've just had a lot of their talent leave and go to TNA or the WWE, like Homicide, Samoa Joe, and CM Punk to name a few.

As for current TNA storylines, I'm not quite up on everything, but....

Jay Lethal, an African-American wrestler, is now allied with Kevin Nash (who is a manager, more or less) and is wrestling as `Black Machismo', dressing like mid-early 90's Macho Man Randy Savage. (ie, with the cowboy hat and tassled jackets, as opposed to just a bandana on the head)

America's Most Wanted broke up for the umpteenth time and are feuding. James Storm is the heel and is aligned with Jacqueline Moore (aka Jacqueline in the WWE - not Miss Jackie, aka Jackie Gayda) and Chris Harris is aligned with Gail Kim. Jacqueline legitimately had at least two of her teeth knocked out by acciden while filming a fight with Gail for a backstage segment recently.

I'm not even sure who the X-Division champion is at the moment, and don't care about the tag division as they don't really have any teams except LAX and Team 3D.

Christian Cage is the current champion, and will be defending against Sting at the next pay-per-view. Jeff Jarrett returned recently as a face and more or less let Sting get the win for their team at the last ppv, where the stipulation was that the wrestler who scored the win for their team would get a title shot. I don't even remember who was on their team other than them and Kurt Angle.....

Eric Young is working as Robert Roode's lackey, despite Roode's gimmick not going anywhere (most reports I've heard, fans are pretty much indifferent toward him - ie, he's not getting much crowd reactions), and mentioned something about having a friend to Roode. Roode tried to force Young to reveal who it was, but Young wouldn't tell. The friend was revealed when someone (I forget who - may have been Roode) attacked Young and the friend made the save. It was Jeff Jarrett. (That's how Jarrett returned on Impact, and yes, he did deliver a guitar shot)

Most of what I know is from reading Impact taping results and other news, because I'm pretty much avoiding TNA, because its so bad that I can't even stand watching it despite Sting being there. (Sting and Hulk Hogan are pretty much my two favorite wrestlers)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:27pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I'm saddened to see Sting still as that Turner Movie Product.  TNA, please do, Steve Bordon, a favor and make the Sting I loved and cherished.

This imposter is not Sting.

THIS IS THE MAN KNOWN AS STING!

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:30pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

He was a wrestler I thought had the perfect package: strength, speed, and the glaring fear factor against all odds.  Plus he loved the kids and they loved him as well.  Plus he's from Venice Beach, California where another Godly presense is from in the world of wrestling, Brother!

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 8:33pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Another thing I loved about him was that howl.  Man it gave me goosebumps when he did it.  Here's to a great wrestler who deserves more respect.

Mike Baswell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 11:20pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Sam, I couldn't agree with you more about Sting. Why he is sticking with the
Crow ripoff shtick is beyond me. The images you posted are Sting.

Side question - What does everyone think about the rash of injuries
crippling the WWE right now? I can't think of a time when more of their 1st
teir talent has been sidelined all at the same time.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 May 2007 at 3:15pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Re: pic of W

Dude! W. is not cool enough to be in the NWO!!!

Used to love Sting until the Crow gimmick. Unfortunately, he was more popular doing nohting in the rafters as Crow than actually wrestling as "Surfer Sting"

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2007 at 5:53am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

They've got a trailer out for the DOA: Dead Or Alive movie that's coming out. For those who don't know, DOA is a series of fighting video games that features mostly women and has fighters using various styles of combat. Kevin Nash is playing Bass Armstrong, which is serious miscasting. In the games, Bass is more or less a cross between Hulk Hogan (looks, mainly), `Doctor Death' Steve Williams and the legendary Stan Hansen, with cowboy and biker gimmicks.

As for Sting, I really wish he would go back to the multi-color facepaint and tights, but obviously not the bleached blond flat top.

In further news, TNA is no longer associated with the NWA, and the World and Tag Team champions were stripped of their belts. New champs will be crowned, with TNA, not NWA, championship belts at next month's pay-per-view.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 May 2007 at 10:45pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

What happened?  Did TNA lose the rights for NWA?

++++

This is pretty weird concerning the injuries coming from the WWE.  Could you post a list of injured wrestlers, Mike?  Are they all quad* related injuries?

++++

Dude! W. is not cool enough to be in the NWO!!!

Yeah.  What was I thinking?

Mike Baswell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 3:14pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Sam,
   The following was pulled from Alex Marvez's weekly wrestling column
for Scripps Howard News Service and it was what prompted my comment/
query.

INJURY NEWS: The injury bug continues to plague top WWE performers,
with Ken Kennedy (triceps) now sidelined along with the Undertaker
(biceps), Paul "Triple H" Levesque (quadriceps), Rey Mysterio (knee) and
Booker T (knee). The injuries prompted WWE to switch Adam "Edge"
Copeland from its Raw roster to Smackdown, where he became world
champion Tuesday night by defeating The Undertaker in the latter's last
match before surgery to repair a torn biceps.

They've just got injuries across the board.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 6:53pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The NWA pulled the titles from TNA because TNA was violating some of the conditions for their use of the belts. They were supposed to notify the NWA whenever there was going to be a title change and the NWA was supposed to have some say in who could be given the belts - which makes sense, as they are the NWA's belts, not TNA's. TNA didn't go along with that. Frankly, I'm surprised that it took the NWA so long to do something, as the NWA World title lost prestige every time it was given to Jeff Jarrett, in my opinion.......

As for the injuries, word is that Triple-H wanted them to put the belt on Batista, as he feels he's one of the people who "made" Batista and wanted to work a program with Edge when he returns from his quad injury. But the SD team wanted Edge, and this time HHH didn't get what he wanted, and Edge was supposedly smiling from ear to ear when he was told the plan, as he knows what usually happens to people who feud with HHH.

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 7:57pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Kevin Nash in DOA?

Kev is one of my favorites but I agree. Serious miscasting!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 May 2007 at 10:20pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

A-yep. If you're familiar with the DOA games, though, just about everyone is miscast.

Jamie Pressley as Tina?! Devon "`Miho' in Sin City" Aoki as Kasumi?! *barfs at the casting*

I'm only familiar with DOA 2 Hardcore (as I have a PS2), but most the male characters are also screwed up: they left out Jann Lee, Bayman (a badass Russian) is being played by an actor from Fiji, and Leon is being played by actor that I *think* is from Croatia. However, they did cast Ryu right: Kane (son of Sho) Kosugi.

I've seen the trailer, and it stinks.

As for Kevin Nash, I'd have to rank him as one of the top 5 when it comes to wrestlers who can work the microphone, and I could easily EASILY see him doing a stand-up routine or a sitcom if he wanted to. I've been a Nash fan ever since I saw him wrestle live as Oz (yes, he was impressive even with a stupid gimmick and squashing a jobber), but sadly I didn't get to see him when he was wrestling as Master Blaster Steel or as Vinnie Vegas. He was seriously mis-used and mis-booked as champion when he was Diesel, though, and I use that fact plus the fact that he was put up against people no one cared about (like Mabel, aka Viscera) whenever someone brings up the fact he was their lowest drawing champion.

Edited by Brian Floyd on 15 May 2007 at 10:29pm

John Griggs Jr
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

From Rajah: 

The actual paid attendance for the 4/27 show in Memphis headlined by Hulk Hogan vs. Big Show was 2,200 paid and about a $100,000 gate. It appears to have been a money loser. There were about 4,500 people in the building because Hogan insisted in the end that the event be papered so it wouldn't look bad for VH-1 cameras. Although, most of the people who got in for free arrived late or only came for Hogan's match, and thus there were only 1,500 to 1,800 people in the stands for the first few matches.

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2007 at 12:33am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

whenever someone brings up the fact he was their lowest drawing champion.

That title belongs to Brett hart.  I heard all the bs of how popular he was but no one seems to remember much of his reign except him crying like a little punk because Vince set him up to be a loser in Canada.  Brett was puppeteered for the Stone Cold era.  Shawn Michaels, Brett Hart were WWF champions.  Phew.  Those were tough times for me being a teen.  I was really hoping Lex Luger would be champion but it never came to be.

I agree with Richard.  Kevin Nash should not be with these guys.  C'mon, if you need some pointers on the writing?  Have Nash help you develop these stories; I'm sure he has some in the back of his mind he could spill out right now.  His leg appear better from the last time I saw him.

GOW, was seen yesterday at Devil Rays Game along side the limping Nasty Boy Brian.  I guess his wrestling career is over?

Edited by Sam Karns on 18 May 2007 at 9:19am

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:59am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

More bad news for the WWE:

They've released Sabu and Vito, and now it appears they are going to release RVD early. His contract was supposed to run out sometime next month and negotations on a new one weren't working, and they may actually release him before it runs out.

And now Gregory Helms has been injured. He's going to have to have spinal fusion surgery (yes, its a neck injury) and will likely be out a year. :(

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 9:23am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

That sucks.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 12:02pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Bob Backlund was a long term champion that couldn't draw without a strong undercard to support him or a big opponent. He generally wasn't that popular with the fans. When Bruno was feuding with Larry Z. they were the draw. But Backlund was put last on the card so it would look like the champion was the one bringing them in. Same for the famous Snuka/Muraco feud and many others of the era. They gimmicked Backlund with title vs. title matches to make it more special but I don't think the man himself drew much money for the company. From all the stories I've read, McMahon Sr. was determined to prove he could make money with Backlund, his son didn't share the same notion. The rest is wrestling history.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 3:17pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

More releases:

Scott 2 Hotty, Ariel and Nick Mitchell (aka Spirit Squad Nicky)

The first one I'm shocked about, second I'm disappointed, third one I wish they had released a long time ago.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 18 May 2007 at 8:32pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

I thought for sure Scotty 2 Hotty was a lifer.

Paul Greer
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 23 May 2007 at 1:49pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

Jeff Jarrett's wife Jill died today after suffering a long bout with cancer. Very sad to hear this.

Richard Fisher
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 May 2007 at 4:35pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

Brian Floyd "As for Kevin Nash, I'd have to rank him as one of the top 5 when it comes to wrestlers who can work the microphone, and I could easily EASILY see him doing a stand-up routine or a sitcom if he wanted to."

I have seen numerous interviews with other wrestlers who called Kevin Nash "the world's tallest stand up comedian."

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2007 at 8:51pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Heh.

Apparently John Cena was allowed to referee the title match at some indy fed in MA, and Vince showed up after the match and got FU'd.....then Cena FU'd the champion.

I know the WWE has allowed their wrestlers to make appearances in other feds in non-wrestling roles from time to time, but its interesting that Vince himself made an appearance.

(There's a clip of the post-match action on Youtube, but the picture quality is very bad)

Chuck Palumbo may be returning to tv. He wrestled Charlie Haas on Heat and is apparently working with a biker gimmick and the Yokosuka Cutter as his finisher.
I haven't watched the match, but I've heard its pretty good.

Check this out: Triple H's WWF tv debut from 1995. Pay attention to what he uses for a finisher:

http://www.dailymotion.com/visited/search/hhh/video/xngb0_ww f-triple-h-debut-95-match

Sam Karns
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2007 at 12:08pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

The rest is wrestling history.

The birth of the greatest icon in wrestling.

<< Prev Page of 227 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version