Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 522 Next >>
Topic: The Squared Circle Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 June 2019 at 4:41pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I watched Stomping Grounds.  It was fine, I guess.  PPVs are really just big monthly house shows these days.  The cruiserweight triple threat was pretty good, although I didn't have any interest in any of the performers and no one did enough to make themself stick out.

Joe/Ricochet was pretty good.  Reigns/McIntyre was decent, although I fucking loathe Shane McMahon constantly being presented as a bad ass.  

The main event did a good job of covering up Corbin's limited skills but I'm not sure it did much for Rollins.  

WWE's a pretty dead product right now, it seems (and attendance at RAW was said to be abysmally low.)  
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 June 2019 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Seth Rollins has been in the news recently for comments defending Stomping Grounds & WWE - Rollins called WWE “the best pro wrestling on the planet” on his twitter. LOL 

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champ Will Ospreay, regarded as one of the best wrestlers on the planet who isn’t signed to WWE, took exception to Rollins saying he was "the greatest in the world" and the two exchanged words about it. Now, Rollins has addressed Jon Moxley's criticism of WWE.

This is better drama than the writers come up with for RAW!!!

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 25 June 2019 at 8:03pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 June 2019 at 1:39am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Rollins is just towing the company line.

But, given the choice, I'd watch just about any major wrestling fed other than Impact (and that includes Mexican and Japanese, if provided English commentary) over WWE. I am looking forward to AEW getting a tv show.

Impact is on my craplist due to having Michael Elgin on its roster. If you're curious why, all I can say is, look him up.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 05 July 2019 at 9:17pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10/21/marvel-comics-presen ts-incredible-hulk-hulk-hogan/

Ran across this I had no idea Hulk vs " Hulk" happened

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2019 at 12:17pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Paul Heyman will now be running the RAW brand, while Eric Bischoff will be in charge of SmackDown. Everything still presumably runs through Vince McMahon, but the move is an admission the product is stale, if not in some danger. With AEW entering the national wrestling market this fall, WWE doesn't want to lose even more of their market share over the teenage audience to the new brand in town.

-C!

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2019 at 12:26pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

AEW's last show was terrible, I hope they're working on a long term plan, otherwise they're not doing anything TNA isn't doing.  It can fade fast. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 July 2019 at 12:30am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The only things I've heard negative about their last show were regarding the unprotected chair shots Cody took, and that they're pushing Shawn Spears, who wasn't exactly anything to write home about when he was in the WWE as Tye Dillinger. They claimed the chair Cody was hit with was gimmicked but something went wrong. Oh, something went wrong, alright. Considering he needed 12 surgical staples!

Chair shots should be banned, period.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2019 at 5:59pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

AEW officially announced its TV slot - Wednesday nights for 2 hours starting in October on TNT.

Let's hope for the best - you need a thick roster to fill two hours week in and week out.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 July 2019 at 9:52pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Their current roster is a bit thin to be doing a two hour show every week. So they'll probably sign more talent before they debut.

Someone at another board wondered if the WWE will put NXT on tv on Wednesdays to go up against them. That would probably be a bad idea on the WWE's part. I personally would rather watch established wrestlers over talent that will eventually be or should already be on RAW or Smackdown alongside talent that will never make it to either.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2019 at 11:04am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I think AEW's roster is fine for now.... because they'll have time to put on great matches and build good angles/storylines.

However, I'll put it out there right now....

...if CM Punk signs on with AEW - that'll be a real game changer!!

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2019 at 12:27pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

That would definitely be firing a shot at the WWE.

If he does sign with AEW, I'd rather see him use the finisher he stole from Triple-H than the one he stole from KENTA.

And I still don't care at all about Impact.

John Harrison
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2019 at 2:11pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Punk openly admitted he took the GTS from Kenta and kept the name the same.  I want to say he asked Kenta for permission but I will say as someone who was a huge Punk fan at one time he has a history of bullshit and turning against his own friends.  

And unless he is swerving the fans he just came out and said again he's not signed and has had no meetings w Tony Kahn. 
 Yet he shows up at indy shows and he's doing a interview at Starrcast 3 so who knows?  But he did a meet and greet before All In at the first Starrcast when everyone was convinced he was showing up at All In.

Punk is an enigma and at his age and his MMA career over besides his announcing gig .... tho he was getting good reviews for small role in that indy horror movie if he's gonna sign he should do it now bring in AJ Lee as his valet 

But if I'm being honest AEW really looks like TNA from 15 years back a few names a bunch of indy guys and a lot of money behind them.  

a live tv show every week means they need to sell out an arena at least a small one once a week on a Wednesday ... every week not here's a show there's another one months later can they do that ? In the beginning yes as time goes on time will tell.  At least the Kahn's are sports people unlike the Carter family ( I know they sold TNA) or Sinclair Broadcasting owning ROH.  

What I love to see is the Kahn family say we are going to compete not be an alternative but compete w WWE and buy out ROH NWA and TNA merge it all under AEW... you got a deep roster a history and a library for a streaming service.  

<< Prev Page of 522 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version