Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: fx #4 - in hand and lovin’ it (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 10:21am | IP Logged | 1  

Wayne it'll also be interesting, I guess, to see how well the TPB does. Maybe that'll be what picks up a bit of the difference.

As issue four is out now, I should probably stop by my LCS to see if they've got #3 (and with possible dose of extra luck #4 as well, two helpings in one sitting doesn't hurt).  :)

Back to Top profile | search | www

Nathan Greno
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 2  

Another fun read, Wayne!

Question for Wayne:

How many people are on this site? Do you know? It seems like your sales are lower than they should be.

I know comic shops slash their orders...but if people order from Previews, you'll get a copy and add to the sales.

Issue #2 sold 4,500 copies...that doesn't seem right. I know it sucks to have to order the copies in advance from Previews -- but it's how things (sadly) work these days...we should all be rallying and ordering and supporting this book!

The sales should be higher...

Back to Top profile | search

Steven Cassidy
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 1:30pm | IP Logged | 3  

Geeez -- I take a 2 week vacation and somebody else starts this thread for me...

:-)

I actually have NOT seen this issue yet --- but I was on vacation in Australia and both comic shops I happened across in Sydney and Melbourne had copies on the shelf (multiple) (of FX and Assignment Earth) -- I asked about sales of the books and the one shop was unaware of the sales and the other said it (FX) had sold fairly well -- "Byrne always sells pretty good here" was his reply.

I'm looking forward to getting to my LCS this week and picking up a copy.

FYI -- in Aussie shops, FX sells for $8.65 AUD -- which takes into account the exchange rate AND international air frieght -- but with current exchange rates at almost 1 for 1 -- I did not do too much Aussie comic shopping.

Aside from two nice comic shops - Sydney was way cool and Melbourne was very "Asian" (surprisingly).   I definitely want to go back to Australia and spend more time there.  

Back on topic....I'll post about FX 4 when I get my copy this week.

\

Hunter McFalls
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 2:28pm | IP Logged | 4  

Got my copy of FX #4 this Saturday! Love the action and The Foundation! Poor Melvin....still a very interesting fellow...
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Wayne Osborne
Byrne Robotics Member
Manhunter

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 3:45pm | IP Logged | 5  

Nathan - the stats on the front page say 1,047 members. And that's just
the nature of the Direct Market. Hopefully, word will spread and the comic
will find an audience.

If only I knew someone who worked for a big media company.....like Disney,
for instance, who could tell them what a great cartoon or movie this would
make.

:-)

WO

Edited by Wayne Osborne on 08 June 2008 at 3:49pm

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 4:08pm | IP Logged | 6  

Hi Wayne. FX has been a lot of fun, but so confusing too. I come away from each issue successively with an almost exponentially increasing number of questions about who/what/where/when/why -- so much so that by this 4th issue I'm losing hope of finding even some clarity. Which is OK because I'm really enjoying the ride itself. But will the next two issues bring a even a little order? Thanks. MP

Wayne Osborne
Byrne Robotics Member
Manhunter

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:41pm | IP Logged | 7  

Michael - make sure you get issue 5.

WO

Robert Kowalewski II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 8:51pm | IP Logged | 8  

Another good issue Wayne, JB's art is incredible as usual and there's alot of story per issue.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Steve D Swanson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 9:15pm | IP Logged | 9  

I got the first issue and I decided not to post to the first thread. I liked it well enough but felt the dialogue was a little choppy and the two main characters seemed to talk with the same voice. So even though my impression was overall positive there was enough negatives that I didn't really want to comment as the negativity would stand in sharp relief to the overall positivity of the other posters. Still, I enjoyed it enough to get the other three issues and I've seen a lot of progression from issue to issue. Sharper characterization, cooler villains (I'm not a big fan of apes as villains), better dialogue and an introduction of a cool proto-girlfriend. Each issue has been better and more fun than the issue before and that's a very encouraging sign.

Now I'm really looking forward to the next couple of issues and hope that the sales are good enough to revisit FX with another miniseries in the future.

Joe Franklin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 June 2008 at 11:28pm | IP Logged | 10  

Very solid storytelling. Looking forward to more each month!

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Penn
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 2:04am | IP Logged | 11  

...make sure you get issue 5.

Oh, that was never in doubt, Wayne!

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2008 at 8:25pm | IP Logged | 12  

Very, very good stuff, Wayne and JB!  I was recently packing some comics, and I came across Marvel: The Lost Generation, and it reminded me of FX.  Lots of new, colorful characters doing classic superhero stuff!

Specifically, I love the lines about the underwear, loved the new heroic foursome, and I really like the character development with Jack.  Being a non-super powered guy myself, I think I identify with him.  I also like the growing relationship with Vicki and that she isn't the super-gorgeous-popular girl.

Quite honestly, this series is turning out a lot better than I thought it would!  Keep 'em coming!

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version