Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: FX #5 - in hand and lovin’ it (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 1  

YAY, I finally was able to buy FX 1, and 3-5. Great comic! A lot of fun to read. Now I am waiting to see how issue 6 turns out, and I am searching around in local comic shops for issue 2 of FX. Great job guys!!
Back to Top profile | search

Joakim Jahlmar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 July 2008 at 12:54pm | IP Logged | 2  

I'm going to swing by my LCS to see if my re-ordered issue 3 has arrived, and if it's also, if so, accompanied by issue 5. At the beginning of last week they said that it would be there at the end of that week... but when I went there last Friday, neither of the two had shown up. And while I'm dyting to get both, I'm really REALLY hoping that issue 3 will be coming in. As I'm currently waiting with reading issue 4 because of the "lost" issue, I really don't want to get issue 5 before issue 3. That'll just be more than my mind will be able to handle. Madness might ensue.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Philippe Negrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2008 at 4:18am | IP Logged | 3  

I went up to Paris and managed to find issues 2 to 5. I'll have to wait until I find issue #1 until I can start reading the series.
Back to Top profile | search

Joakim Jahlmar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 July 2008 at 5:50am | IP Logged | 4  

I just realised I'd not been in here since last Friday when I went to my LCS and happily discovered that issues # 3 and # 5 had arrived. So the weekend was spent reading # 3- # 5 with much enjoyment.

I have to say that this is a comic so well structured, paced, drawn and written that it almost hurts (in a good sense, somehow). It just pulls you into the fiction, grabs you and takes you for an amazing ride. The best way to summarize it, I guess, would be to say that it's a whole heckuva lot of fun!  Without being convoluted, and with a full emphasis on continuous fun action with a side twist of drama, Wayne and JB have managed to successfully project an entire superhero universe into being.

What have we got so far:
* Silver Back - who obviously has a back story which we do not yet know.
* Lord Everos and his lackey Phobia - a main villain of epic proportions and vile servant.
* Icky Vickie - yeah!
* The smart school kid turned villain (name escapes me at this moment)
* The Foundation - a greatly composed team that I sincerely hope Wayne will treat us to some own mini with.
* The Aegis group - with Circe and a lion whose transformed identity is implied as one of two ancient heroes as far as I could tell.
* Jack and his arc, and the armor he picked out...
* and of course Home Front, which I'm dying to learn more about.

Fun! Fun! Fun!

Want more! Need to know more of when whatever comes next comes? Is the info anywhere?

Back to Top profile | search | www

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version