Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 5 Next >>
Topic: To All Board Members with Children (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 3:51am | IP Logged | 1  

I have in my life observed pedophilic behavoir such as hand written posters, magazine articles. And I later got it confirmed that everything wasn't good. So I have written some warning signs that nobody noticed or cared about the first time. This is not anything I dreamt up, it's based on my observations. So it's not that I have any pHD in it either. I beleive most people are not like this, so it will sort them out. If the mods don't like this please delete. But I would hate it if you who have kids don't "know" what I "know".

Watch out for:

• Comic book "camps" and meetings outside normal conventions.
  • People within or oustide of the comic book industry, local shops, etc, ANYone who ISN'T a writer or artist or editor high up who fits in with 3-4 more supsicious behavours on this list.
  • Local editors and likewise otside of the big publishers, let's say "reprints of Batman by Acme company" (if more supsious behavior from this list is found).
  • Everything weird happing around and concerning for example Marvel books who can't be afforded, such as the "Dark" series, since the stress this achieves, will attract pedophiles like a magnet.
  • The words "completion" and "gotta have" among adults, especially around current popular characters and expensive mini series. Normal people tend to say "don't buy this, buy that" and can be lousy completionists. To the comic book pedophile this attitude is almost a crime.
  • There could be nice people around the pedophile, co-workers who don't notice the danger. So don't say, the guy who offered my child a complete Wolerine collection for some "services" is Rembrandt's or Da Vinci's close co-worker so he must be alright.
  • Weird non-existent "mixtures" of contact-like sports that have nothing to do with the super-hero in question, for example events entitled something like Wolverine's boxing club or Superman's inofficial wrestling championship.
  • Weird "titles" and descriptions of adults, by themselves, for example "Lars of the Marvel Universe", "Here I'm nobody, but I'm a watcher or a God in the Marvel universe.". Normal people, on the opposite, much more likely "error" in the opposite way, they write too small signatures, not always taking part in conventions, leaving "too early" etc.
  • People who have very little knowledge about the history or the origin of the character, but rather likes to discuss the current gracefulness of him found in the "gotta have" comics. The pedophile tries to achieve some kind of status quo coolness, almost with himself in it (sometimes with his own made up modified "title"). Any origin or back story found in the comics will destroy this "picture". Normal people "error" by sometimes asking too much about the history "how did the spider make him like that?" etc.
  • Comic book art that suspicously show up in other places than where it was intended, which of course in most cases is, hanging on a wall. A real original piece will easily be used by a pedophile, in ways not intended by the artist. but of course everything in the comic book field he gets his hands on is used in ways not intended.
  • Anything that aggressively and in an unnatural way explains away non-completionism of a comic book run, where nobody asked. "Not much happened in those issues, so I pretend the crappy art by Jim Smith doesn't exist, do you hear that boys!".
  • When more than 75 percent of the total super-hero time is spent to discuss a character's physical apperance and coolness with a kid.
  • When a comic book suddenly becomes "more" than what it actually is and a weird level is to be entered when you "deserve" to read them often with weird comments like "Handing out those comics on the shelf is the hardest job on earth".
  • Weird comments in words or in print surrounding a specific comic that doesn't on any way enhance the reading pleasure or stay in line with what the writer intended and does not live up to an abstract, but pretends to be an abstract "Oh my God does a lot happen in this issue". Put it as an abstract or in a ltter column in your mind, and if it doesn't belong, see it as a warning sign.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Jim Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:04am | IP Logged | 2  

Statistically, children are abused by family members.

The predatory paedophile luring strangers' children in is a bogeyman largely
concocted by the media. Whilst there are examples, and -- sadly -- these
things do happen, your child is as likely to be killed by an icicle of
frozen urine that falls from a passing jet airliner than abused or killed by a
stranger.

I'm sorry, Lars, but your list makes you sound like a crackpot.

Jim
Back to Top profile | search

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged | 3  

I'm not getting this at all.

Sorry, Lars.

John Peter Britton
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:16am | IP Logged | 4  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Joe Hollon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:18am | IP Logged | 5  

I'm guessing this is not serious, but it's certainly not funny so I'm at a loss as to the point of the whole thing.  Lars I really think this comes across as crazy and more than a little bit creepy.

Lars Johansson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:22am | IP Logged | 6  

I'm sorry, Lars, but your list makes you sound like a crackpot.

I have no problem whith that at all, Jim. The important thing for me is, that you read the list and make up your own mind about it, not that you should beleive everything in it. But the list is describing my observations, on something that I find very important, it's not a short novel that should get good reviews.

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 4:32am | IP Logged | 7  

I keep asking Lars to explain thing to me in swedish on the presumption that I'll understand him better then.

Ed Fahey
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 6:04am | IP Logged | 8  

wow

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 6:46am | IP Logged | 9  

I thought Lars was trying to make a joke until I read his response to Jim.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Huber
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged | 10  

Sad thing is, I can place a lot of those things into the crowd that hung at the local LCS way back when. They were just comic book geeks.

Ian Moss
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 8:58am | IP Logged | 11  

WTF ????

I want some of what Lars is smokin' this morning....

Edited by Ian Moss on 13 August 2009 at 9:03am

Peter J. Romeo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 August 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged | 12  

This has to be the strangest thing I've ever read on this board. I have a hard time believing this is meant to be taken seriously.

Page of 5 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version