Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 264 Next >>
Topic: What disc did you have in last and... (TV Edition) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:18pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

CHERNOBYL S1 E3

Still well played and gripping, but this episode has even more reality manipulation, as Emily Watson’s character occupies a considerable portion of the center stage, even tho she is entirely fictional.

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 28 May 2019 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

STAR TREK: VOYAGER “Endgame” Pts 1 & 2

Hadn’t seen the final episodes before. Strangely satisfying. Tuvok quoting Spock was quite moving.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2019 at 7:21pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I liked Voyager well enough (though some called it girl Trek, ha) and the ending was satisfying. I mostly followed it when it was an every weekday re-run on a specialty channel, same with Deep Space 9. I think that helped me get into it. There were some genuinely interesting characters on Voyager, second only to the original series I think.

I'm getting into a German tv series titled Babylon Berlin with English subtitles. I don't think it's available on Region 1 DVD (so you'd need a player that will handle the European region 2) but it is on Netflix apparently. It's set in Weimar Republic 1929 Berlin starring a detective who still has some Great War nerve damage and an addiction, and a woman who works in the same building in the day.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 May 2019 at 8:16pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

I'm not a big fan of Voyager, but Janeway was a pretty good captain and the show did feel very 'Trek', like a consistent extension of the tone, principles and story-types of the original. I found the characters OK, if perhaps a little bland/samey, with the main exception of Janeway and the Doctor.

I've been working my way through Billions. Mostly very well written over the first couple of seasons, though the culmination of that second season I thought sacrificed believability for sensational developments.

Into the early part of the third season now; it does remind me a little of Dallas at times, which it really didn't in the first season...

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 May 2019 at 12:07am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Buoyed by all this praise for it, I rewatched the Voyager finale last night. I honestly have no idea what any of you are seeing in it.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 30 May 2019 at 2:42pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

After moaning for years that THE NAME OF THE GAME was not on DVD, I discovered many episodes are on YouTube. I started with “LA 2017”, from the final season. A most memorable episode—one of the first to address environmental issues—which hasn’t aged all that well. Talky, and the actors seem self-conscious about delivering their important lines.

Still, a script by Philip Wylie and an early directorial outing by a young (23) Steven Spielberg.

Also a reminder of a long ago crush, Sharon Farrell.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 30 May 2019 at 7:58pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

A random episode of STUDIO 60 ON THE SUNSET STRIP

Still brilliant.

James Best
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 31 May 2019 at 10:58pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Checking out season six of ELEMENTARY on DVD.

My wife and I decided to cancel our Dish network a few years back since we weren't watching enough TV to really merit the expense. I told myself that I would catch the tail end of this series as soon as it came out on DVD but other options pushed it onto the back burner.

From what I have read, the sixth season was supposed to wrap up the series and tie off several loose ends, but CBS surprised the show's producers by asking for a final seventh season which is airing as we speak.

Have to admit that I will miss the series when it is gone. I rather enjoy Jonny Lee Miller's take on the Holmes character, although his superb performance (and the show itself) seemed to always be in the shadow of SHERLOCK and Mr. Cumberbatch.

Any other regular viewers out there in the JBF?

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2019 at 6:46am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Yeah. The seventh, and final, season started last week. 

Originally, CBS had said season six would be the last and would be only a handful of episodes. The episodes with Rowan were all they were gonna do. Then, after seeing how good they were, CBS changed it’s mind and ordered a full 22 episode season and renewed it for the seventh. The final two episode of the season was meant to be the final episode of the series and was filmed before CBS changed its mind. All the episodes between Rowan’s appearances were “filler” episodes to complete the order for the full season. Personally, I think season six was one of the best seasons of the series. 

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2019 at 6:00pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

For the Love of Spock (2016). Has some interesting tidbits, but not really a 'fascinating' documentary.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 01 June 2019 at 7:29pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

More STUDIO 60.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2019 at 8:52pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Ooh. I’ve not seen that since it aired. Wonder if it’s streaming anywhere. 

<< Prev Page of 264 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version