Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 64 Next >>
Topic: Speaking of video games... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:09am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I'd like to get Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions for the Wii (only system I have right now).

Reading about all the older systems everyone's kept has got me nostalgic for my old Saturn. I had the game called Dragon Force for it. It was fairly simple Fantasy-based Strategy game. Man I played the heck out of it. It's pretty rare these days, and goes for a lot on EBay but I'd love to check it out again.

Back to Top profile | search

Taavi Suhonen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 6:39am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm hoping the fourth dimension in Shattered Dimensions will be the Japanese live action TV show - they already have one non-Peter Parker Spider-Man announced, Stan Lee loves the show and Marvel recently posted all of it for viewing on their website. But as long as it's not something like Marvel Zombies or Reign, I'll get the game anyway.

Also looking forward to Transformers: War for Cybertron, though technically the version I'll get is called Cybertron Adventures, since Activision renamed the Wii version for no real reason - Nintendo has no problem with "war" in a game's title and the DS versions (one for Autobots, one for Decepticons) keep the original title.
Back to Top profile | search | email

Brian Joseph Mayer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:09am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

At home I am still moving through Fallout 3. I had to restart this past winter as I took too much time off to finish my master's. When I am done with that, I will finally go to Oblivion.  I have like 120 hours in and still haven't started the actual game. I think I will just dive into the quest since I won't start over on that one. I haven't played in over a year.

Finally, for some free time, friends have got me into MW2 and there is always Rockband.

My boys have me jumping in on Lego Batman with them.  And we are eagerly awaiting Lego Harry Potter.

Adam Hutchinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 June 2010 at 8:22am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Oh yeah...my wife and some friends and I are gearing up for Rock Band: Green Day too.

John Bodin
Byrne Robotics Member
Purveyor of Rare Items

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 11:49am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm an avid sim racer, so I finally joined iRacing last fall (around October).  I've gone through a couple of hardware upgrades on my PC to get things running well with iRacing, and I'm now enjoying the heck out of that.

Aside from time spent on the PC doing iRacing, I occasionally fire up the Wii for some Mario Kart with the girls.  We recently got Wii Fit Plus but I haven't tried it out (kind of lost interest in the original Wii Fit).

Edited by John Bodin on 14 June 2010 at 11:51am

Donald Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 12:19pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I am currently playing...
Borderlands...which is awesome!

Bioshock...really nice horror title

Little Big Planet  with my daughter...we've finished the main game long ago, but she likes to create levels and we explore the online community level as well.

Fallout 3---so immersive.
Back to Top profile | search | www | email

Robert Walsh
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 12:59pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Redemption is a lot of fun. The game sets you up as a goodie, so not quite the level of carnage we see in the GTA games. You get rewarded for doing the right thing and there appears to be no advantage to being bad (unless you wear the bandana).

Would be very interesting to see a sequel or spin-off where you play an outlaw, as there's a fair number of classic Western scenarios that aren't featured very heavily here.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 1:29pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

I just played through Half Life 2 again over the past few days.  As a game developer myself, I have to say it is one of the best crafted games ever.  There is so much love and attention to game play and detail ... it is really amazing.

I didn't even finish Mass Effect 2, and after playing Half Life afterwards, Mass Effect doesn't even come close to the same game play level.

Anyone playing Fallout 3 should really like Half Life as well.

Edited by Thomas Woods on 14 June 2010 at 1:33pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Doug Jones
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2010 at 7:31pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

With the exception of the blu-ray functionality, my PS3 has been
collecting some dust lately. I've been loving Steam on the Mac, which
lets me download and play my games on my laptop AND desktop.
Working through Half-Life 2: Episode One, which I never finished, and
playing some Team Fortress 2 as well. Very odd--and totally
wonderful-- to be playing these on this platform.

Also playing some highly addictive games on the iPad: SpaceStation
Frontier, Plants vs. Zombies and a fun little platformer called DizzyPad
HD.   

Robert LaGuardia
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2010 at 4:56pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

I just broke down and bought Red Dead Redemption(360). I have no regrets, it's a great game. 

Jason Mark Hickok
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2010 at 7:31pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I have to admit I am looking forward to the Nintendo 3DS already.

As far as console gaming goes it is a certainty that Metroid: Other M will be the next game I play.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 June 2010 at 10:59pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The Serpent Lantern `adventure pack' (expansion they don't want to call an expansion, kind of) for Champions Online went live yesterday! :)

Dwayne Gassmann
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 11:29am | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Part of the Marvel content coming to Little Big Planet on July 7.

Haven't played this game in a while. This makes me want to pick it up again.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 12:14pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

In another thread, I was a little too harsh on Lego Batman.  I think that was because I had just come off playing a string of Lego games and was anticipating Batman: Arkham Asylum.  It's a year later and I've picked up Lego Batman again only to find that it's every bit as fun as every other Lego game, which is to say it's great.  Makes me look forward to a price drop on the recently released Lego Harry Potter Year 1-4!

Ryan Maxwell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 12:24pm | IP Logged | 15 post reply

How do the LEGO games play on the Wii? I have that and a PS2, and it doesn't look like the Harry Potter game will be released on that one. I'm not ready to upgrade to a PS3 just yet.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 12:27pm | IP Logged | 16 post reply

Don't know.  I've played them all on the PS3.  They're great on that system.

Mike Farley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:01pm | IP Logged | 17 post reply

LEGO Harry Potter is sitting here waiting for my day off tomorrow. At some point I lost my ability to play any game, other than the LEGO ones, to completion.  But I do love me some Lego...well, I didn't love the second LEGO Indy game. Hopefully Harry Potter will be more Star Wars or Indy 1 than Indy 2.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:05pm | IP Logged | 18 post reply

I just purchased and been playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 ...wow, very good game.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:19pm | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Mike Farley wrote:
I didn't love the second LEGO Indy game.

What didn't you like about it, Mike?  I really enjoyed it.  Hell, I hated CRYSTAL SKULL, but it was still fun for me to play that movie as Lego characters.

Thomas Woods wrote:
I just purchased and been playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3 ...wow, very good game.

Bought it first week of release.  Finished it a couple of weeks ago.  Great game.  Read some middling reviews of it that I think totally miss the point.  It's beautiful, absolutely fun, with a huge territory to roam around in.  Side missions are great, main missions are a blast.  Seriously, this is what I've been waiting years for; a realistic and fun open world Western video game.  I love it.

Brian Joseph Mayer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:24pm | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Lego Harry Potter officially. It is definitely different for a Lego game. I can't quite put my finger on what, but I do love it. My fiance and I have our own game going on after we put the kids to sleep. It is nice to see she is the same completist I am when it comes to those types of games.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:32pm | IP Logged | 21 post reply

Matt,

The hardest thing for me to get down are all the control keys, I keep finding myself jumping when I want to go into cover and things like that.  But once you start mastering things it gets good. When I was shooting guys with my rifle while driving a horse wagon I was like, "Wow".  They put a lot of work into making these game features work well.

I still haven't gotten the hang of shooting birds out of the sky.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:43pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

What I never really got a handle on was "Dead Eye" especially where it concerned duels.  More often than not, I died!  Try as I might, I never mastered it.  That, to me, was the only downfall to the game.  Other than that, though, I spent hours just riding around the world.  It's beautifully rendered, especially sunsets from such different locals as the Plains or a mountain top.  Stunning.

Mike Farley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:52pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

I didn't DISLIKE Lego Indy 2, so much as not like it nearly as much as it's predecessor. I dunno, I felt like there were more parts walking around LOOKING for the next thing to do rather than just doing it. Or maybe it was because there were a few part where I got frustratingly stuck and had to look up the way out online.

It was good, just not as good. Really looking for ward to sitting down with Harry Potter though.

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2010 at 1:56pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

Matt,

Yeah I have the same problems with "Dead Eye".  There is a scene during one of the missions where a bad guy has a gun to a womans head and shoots her almost immediately after you kick open the door, I had to replay that several times until I got "Dead Eye" right.

I agree on the world, the lighting and environment is amazing. 

Robert Walsh
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2010 at 5:11am | IP Logged | 25 post reply

I'm not wild about Indy 2. The hub area is nice and expansive, but the levels themselves are rarely very big. Most only take up about two screens. And they moved canister hunt to the hub, so there's not replay value to any particular episode. And I come close to not liking the vehicle levels.

It's not a bad game, but none of their changes to the Lego formula are really improvements, although I think the new hub system has a lot of potential

<< Prev Page of 64 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version