Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 165 Next >>
Topic: Speaking of video games... Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2013 at 7:03am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Finishing up Lego Batman PC version right now. All done except for the Wayne Manor bonus level. Kind of tired of it and a little bit frustrated that they'd put this crap Super Mario Brothers parody on the end. (The Arkham bonus stage was kind of quasi-pac-man). Anyway it has been bit of a slog. I guess when beat the manor Ras unlocks and I can buy the rest of the data? Sheesh.

Looking forward to Saints Row IV. Should be toweringly stupid with extra cheese but fun.

Edited by Emery Calame on 15 August 2013 at 7:14am
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 11:52am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

TLOU: I loved the story.  Everything that happens in the last few scenes near the end (not the epilogue) I was shouting at the screen, "You have to do it!"  Have not been that immersed into a game story in a long time.

As far as game mechanics: interestingly enough, I had an inverse experience from Matt.  There are times when no matter how stealthy you are at taking out enemies, the game foists confrontations on you.  Which is fine to induce sheer panic, but a little frustrating for stealth players.  I've gotten Big Boss rating on Metal Gear Solid, Snake Eater, Peace Walker and Guns of the Patriots (no kills, no alerts, etc) so I enjoy stealth challenges.  So I can easily spend 30 minutes surveying and picking off enemies quiet-like in TLOU and then a 2nd wave spawns onto the map.

I wish that the single player maps were as wide as some of the multiplayer maps.  Many sections felt like they were on rails.

If you have not already, play the game on Survivor Mode.  I cannot tell you how many times I went into a level, knowing I had a confrontation or mini-boss battle coming and had maybe 5 bullets and had no idea how I would advance.  It's sublime panic.

Back to Top profile | search

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2013 at 7:20pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Okay the crappy mario brothers/marble madness rederence Wayne Manor level is over. Batman Lego at 100%, all data, upgrades, extras, characters are bught and Ras and Hush unlocked. 78 hours total according to Raptr. Yeesh.

Richard White
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:01am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Just finished playing Attack of the Friday Monsters on the 3DS (only available through the eshop), more of an interactive story, but a beautiful and engaging experience.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Rich Marzullo
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 5:46am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Got back into SKYRIM. Trying to play as a Paladin-esque character this time around. No, I don't miss WoW and you can't make me go back to it!

Rick Shepherd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 8:10pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Wanted a bit of arcade-y fighter jet fun, so bought 'Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2' for the 360 (12 quid, so why not?).

Plot straight out of a Brosnan-era Bond movie, and plenty of cheap fun messing around in several dozen of my favourite jets (including the MiG-29, which I'm starting to develop a brand new appreciation for) - it's not exactly revelatory as games go, but does exactly what it says on the tin, which is more than enough for the time being. Good fun.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2013 at 10:10pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Anybody do much 3-D gaming? I've had a 3-D TV for awhile, but never messed with it until a couple nights ago. Over the last few days I went back and played through Uncharted 3 in 3-D, and it was a pretty amazing experience. I've only got a couple of other games that are 3-D compatible, but since two of them are Arkham City and Shadow of the Colossus, I see a couple of 3-D playthroughs coming.

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 August 2013 at 4:17am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Killzone 3 and the third Motorstorm (Apaocalypse I think?) are 3d too.

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 August 2013 at 6:18am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I picked my brother up a SNES for his birthday (for various reasons related to nostalgia) so I've been checking that the games work. Mario Kart and Mario All Stars are among the ones I tested.

Brian Burnham
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 August 2013 at 4:51pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

picked up Disney Infinity and most of the characters today as a Christmas presents for the kids.  Hope it is fun for them.  Even with sales it is expensive.

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 10:15am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

This Batman Blackgate game may very well be the thing that gets me to buy a Vita.

Trailer

Roy Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 August 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Uh ... when I look at little buildings and light standards, I sometimes think "Yeah, I could Blink up to that".

Too much Dishonored?

<< Prev Page of 165 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version