Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 20 Next >>
Topic: The Revelation of the Pyramids - by Pooyard (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 8:48am | IP Logged | 1  

This is a mind blowing documentary about many recent discoveries relating to the pyramids at Giza. It's a beautifully made documentary as well.

I have been doing a lot of research on the pyramids lately and the craziest thing about this documentary is that even with all the incredible information it relates there is still a ton of new info that isn't here.  I'm hoping I can share that later if people are intrigued by what is presented here.

Here is a small preview -

Here is the full movie, make sure to watch all 7 parts -

Edited by Charles Jensen on 13 September 2011 at 9:25am
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged | 2  

ok this is my last edit lol thanks for this and I find it kinda obnoxious when anyone would be surprised at past civiliasations having better knowledge than ours. I don't see why those things are "impossible" we simply don't have all the facts or understanding yet.

edit2 or the documentary is warped because it's made by people who don't have enough knowledge.

Edited by Martin Redmond on 13 September 2011 at 1:30pm
Back to Top profile | search

Chris Blaise
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:04am | IP Logged | 3  

It says it's an adaptation of a book presumably called Relevation Of The Pyramids but I can't find the book.

However, based on the trailer it seems like it could be a pretty faithful adaptation of Graham Hancock's Heaven's Mirror.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 10:20am | IP Logged | 4  

...sigh...

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:19am | IP Logged | 5  

This just seems like standard "I found a code in the Bible" crap.

Yes, the pyramids are cool, but they're just huge, nicely decorated mausoleums. And all the symmetries and circular shapes and whatnot are simply the work of Stone-architects and mason who knew how to use the magical tools of : Paper, stylus, ruler, lots of string and measuring chalk.

As for the building itself? Simple wood machinery, a lot of brute muscle and sheer bloody-mindedness.

In Fred Dibnah's Building of Britain TV-series (I bought it on DVD) there's an episode about building Cathedrals, and with a simple wooden crane construction based on a simple support frame, a huge log and a wooden wheel with hand-grips (plus thick rope), an ordinary man could lift several tons of stone about a hundred feet off the ground.

But does it mean they were aided in the construction by alien visitors or mystic knowledge. No, just crude and effective worksmanship.

Like the giant pictures drawn on the south american mountain steppes. Spiders and whatnot. Big mystery, yeah right.
Draw a shape with simple angles (30,45,60,90) . Create a makeshift compass out of something flat with sectioning lines on it. Decide to increase size by a certain scale. Then use long pieces of string and count the number of steps between each pre-planned turn.

Any kid with too much time on his hands could do it.

Apes could do it.

The mystery of the pyramids is no mystery at all. It's basic building technology and a lot of hard work. The same principles that apply to building a solid square house also explain the pyramids. It's just that the people writing books about these great mysteries don't have a clue.

I have carpenters on both sides of my family going back many generations, and when I was a kid my dad taught me the principles of accurately enlarging a sketch into a large scale copy, of creating huge circular foundations and of making sure every angle was straight and level.

All of it using just string, rocks, chalk etc. And I learnt it just for fun.

Some "mystic explanations" just go directly to the "these Ancient people were so stupid they could never have done this on their own". Especally if the "Ancient People" are not white.

A pyramid is a nicely decorated tomb done to the best of their abilities at the time. We could build pyramids today, but it would cost a lot of money and manpower and when you're done all you have is a pile of rocks in the desert surrounding a "secret chamber" about the size of a small house.

An ordinary  block of flats is an infinitely more stunning achievement in architecture. Pyramids are just monuments to the ego, wastefulness and bloody-minded stupidity of kings.  Imagine if they'd done something useful with all that effort instead. Egypt could have ruled the world.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:31am | IP Logged | 6  

Apes could do it.

••

And, seemingly as always, you build a rational, logical line of argument, and then blow a big hole in the middle of it by going too far.

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 11:56am | IP Logged | 7  

"And, seemingly as always, you build a rational, logical line of argument, and then blow a big hole in the middle of it by going too far. "

Or I'm making a joke using hyperbole to ridicule the opposing view.

So, have you decided to stop ignoring me? Because if you haven't I'll be in big trouble with Matt Reed for even responding to that.

And come on, it's been over a year since you had a meltdown over me saying the DeVere-Shakespeare theory is crap. Let it go already.

Martin Redmond
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged | 8  

Could I make a pyramid?

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged | 9  

Very disrespectful, Knut.

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 2:54pm | IP Logged | 10  

Downright douchebaggery, Knut.

Knut Robert Knutsen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 3:04pm | IP Logged | 11  

Context, people.

Charles Jensen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 September 2011 at 5:37pm | IP Logged | 12  

Here is something else I would like everyone to check out and discuss if anyone one is interested.

This is the site of someone that was in this documentary and I feel has been a big reason people have begun to look at the pyramids so differently in recent years.

This is Christopher Dunn's site, he is an engineer/machinist - 

I would suggest getting his books but a lot of the info can be found on this site but it is a bit difficult to navigate - 

Here is a great interview dealing with some recent mind blowing discoveries in the pyramid - 

Edited by Charles Jensen on 13 September 2011 at 6:04pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Page of 20 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version