Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 1  

Not quite sure what to make of this.

Link

Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged | 2  

Frank swung somewhere quite a bit to the Right of me a LONG time ago.

Tho I do tend to agree with much of what he's saying, here.

Ray Brady
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged | 3  

Sorry, you cannot be both "an unruly mob" and "a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats". The iPhone is the ultimate statement in personal organization. Only very ruly mobs would carry them.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Steve Ogden
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 4  

I agree with what Frank Miller said 100%.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Don Zomberg
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:44pm | IP Logged | 5  

So because someone is under the age of forty and carries a cell phone, he or she should just shut the hell up about our government being run by Big Business?

Chickenhawks W and Cheney f#*^ up two wars and the economy, but Occupy Wall Street protests are what gets Frank's dander up?

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:47pm | IP Logged | 6  

We have a similar thing at St Paul`s cathedral over here,if the press and Police are to be believed,their tents are only occupied during daytime,they used thermal imaging cameras to prove it apparently.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Paulo Pereira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged | 7  

The piece is just a hate- and bile-filled rant. I don't see that it contains any substance.

Craig Robinson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 12:58pm | IP Logged | 8  

So... these protestors are allegedly thieves and rapists, but Frank wants them to join the US military?  I'd have much more sympathy for these Occupiers (as an employed <40 year old iPhone wielder myself) if they presented some sort of actual plan, and then voted together as a bloc.  You know, political science 101 stuff.  I'd love to find out how many of them are actual registered voters.  Who vote.

The real populist heroes are the voters of Ohio who defeated the anti-union Issue 2 last week.  People pretend like democracy is so befuddling and victimizing when we're lucky to get 30% voter turnout.

Pascal LISE
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged | 9  

Stinks.

Chad Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:15pm | IP Logged | 10  

Frank Miller just managed to alienate an entire generation based on his own pathetic stance of individualism, only he's been placed in a position of cultural significance by the very mob of louts and rapists he vilifies. Top that off with this being the guy who, for decades, has expressed extreme criticism and paranoia toward the Government, their lackeys, and the grind-them-up mechanations of the Military, and what you have here is a former creative innovator who has just admitted he's a ignorant sack of sh*t, creatively corrupt, and ethically void.

I thought Miller taking a hot steaming one all over the work of Will Eisner was something, considering his utter inability to let go of his own fetishisms long enough to coherently transcribe Eisner to the screen, but to become a Teabagging lackey is just creepy.

And what the hell is Miller saying here that John Byrne thinks is so worth while? I'm no fan of the mob mentality, and I sure am not a fan of the hubris of youth, nor do I miss the point that the Military life is a great purpose for some people, but what exactly is Miller offering up as an actual point?

Dan James
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged | 11  

This goes back to my point weeks ago in the Occupy Atlanta thread.

These folks have no organization, no voice, and no point.

The longer they stay there with no purpose, the more we will see their goofy members commence with the theft (already happening), rape (allegedly happened in my town, Cleveland), and other violence.

Frank Miller is spot on with this.

This "movement" is a joke. This week's Bloomberg featured a great article featuring employers who have hundreds of jobs that Americans will not do.

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/211304/45/Cleveland-Rape-al leged-at-Occupy-Cleveland

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/why-americans-wont-do-d irty-jobs-11092011.html

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 November 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged | 12  

I'm not understanding the point being made here. The Occupy Movement people need to get over themselves because we are at war with Islam? That's a bit of a non sequitur.

My impression of the movement is that is has drawn support from a wide strata of the population and not just the "spoiled, lazy, entitled, wannabe hippie" 20-somethings that Miller is trying to paint here.

Also, anyone who uses any variation of "get a job" in this economy is an idiot and an asshole.

Page of 7 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version