Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 46 Next >>
Topic: Trio - General Discussion (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 1  

The B cover for issue 2 has to be one of my favorite JB covers EVER. Well done!
Back to Top profile | search

Nathan Greno
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:02am | IP Logged | 2  

JB: So I decided to do two distinct covers.

---

No complaints here!!

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:25am | IP Logged | 3  

I agree, Nathan. Doing two covers is a sensible decision!!! =)

Benny Hasa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 4  

WOW. Now that's an amazing cover. (both of them actually) I have a feeling this series is going to get a lot of attention as it has JB returning to super heroes.

Also, for JB or anyone who might know. Is this meant to be a mini or an extended ongoing?

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 10:55am | IP Logged | 5  

On going monthly as long as the sales allow.

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:21am | IP Logged | 6  

Having it a monthy superhero title might mean my LCS will order enough issues to actually be able to pull a copy for my box, unlike the previous COLD WAR mini.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 11:24am | IP Logged | 7  

I doubt its publication status will have any effect on the arcane arithmetic too many Shops still use when ordering titles.

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:19pm | IP Logged | 8  

Having it a monthy superhero title might mean my LCS will order enough issues to actually be able to pull a copy for my box, unlike the previous COLD WAR mini.

---

? You have a pull list, but your shop doesn't order the books you want for it? Isn't that the point of having a pull list - that they fill it to order? 

I'd get a new shop. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:33pm | IP Logged | 9  

Brad, I don't know the full story behind why my shop kept getting shorted on COLD WAR, or not having the issues come in the first place.  They do order whatever is on ones pull list, but there are times when it seems like their distributor has got a grudge against JB titles.  My LCS gladly placed backorders for CW for me, but I ended being far behind the rest of the JBF in following each issue. 

The shop is owned by the same guys who put on Emerald City Comi-Con, and I have had no problem in the past with ordering the even more obscure comic titles like Gold Digger from Antarctic Press, or G-Fan magazine (and AFAIK I'm the only guy at the shop ordering those). 

Edited by Bill Mimbu on 21 February 2012 at 12:35pm

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged | 10  

Ah! That's different then! 

I've noticed that IDW as a whole seems to have stuff shorted a lot at my LCS too, not just the JB stuff. I stopped collecting GI:JOE by them a couple years back because with Cobra, Origin, and the regular series, it was hard to keep track of what was supposed to come out when and I'd often get home and start reading an issue before realizing that I hadn't read the one from before - because I didn't get it. 

There were about 4 months there where at least one of the three wasn't shipped when it was supposed to be, and finally I said to my LCS guy "would it be easier if I just dropped them and waited for the hardcovers?" and that's what I've been doing since. 

Next Men would sometimes get to me a week or two late too. I'm glad you've got a good shop though - like mine if something's not where it's supposed to be an immediate reorder goes through to fulfill the order. It's nice when you deal with people who like to make money by keeping you happy, isn't it? I think we've all been to the places that don't seem like they care about either of those things. 

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Mimbu
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 3:37pm | IP Logged | 11  

Brad, yeah my current LCS has been one of the best in my comic buying experience.  The thing is, I suspect that low orders of a mini-series like COLD WAR sometimes do "fall under the distributor's radar" at times, hence the shorting.  I've actually seen more quantities of the current IDW Godzilla and Star Trek titles than JB's AFTERMATH (just one issue on stands, and it was quickly snatched up). 

I'll definitely have make sure that my LCS pull-list has both TRIO cover issues on order, just so I'm covered on my side if things start no-showing again.

Juan Jose Colin Arciniega
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 4:09pm | IP Logged | 12  

Marvelous...I'm in!
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

<< Prev Page of 46 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version