Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 39 Next >>
Topic: Another school shooting (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 2:44pm | IP Logged | 1  

Civilians don't "need" anything more than hunting rifles. Military grade assault rifles are not "ideal for home defense". There's just no legit reason someone would need a weapon like that.

I think we need a new law passed that is an automatic death sentence for these crackpots. No jail time, simply take them out back and put a bullet in their head. That's whats done with rabid dogs, right?

Back to Top profile | search

John Leach
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 2:53pm | IP Logged | 2  

Let's hear it, gun nuts, let's hear your rationalizations again. Then go f yourself.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:15pm | IP Logged | 3  

"Civilians don't "need" anything more than hunting rifles. Military grade assault rifles are not "ideal for home defense". There's just no legit reason someone would need a weapon like that."

----

While I feel that the barn door has been opened way too long ago for a total ban on all guns, I can definitely get behind this statement.

I keep thinking about not just the 20 dead children, but the even larger number of surviving children that witnessed this event and lost their childhood friends, and how their lives are forever damaged as a result of this.

Gundars Berzins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:36pm | IP Logged | 4  

A horrific day for all of those families. I pray that they survive this the best they can.

Sadly this has been happening for far to many years with a knife, gun, fire, or bomb, and all over the world. 
A sad day.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

David Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:46pm | IP Logged | 5  

Chicken shits with NRA money in their pocket

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 3:54pm | IP Logged | 6  

Writer Greg Rucka has a very heartfelt message online regarding this tragic event and a link to a petition to the White House to immediately address the issue of gun control through the introduction of legislation to Congress:

He got me with this last passage, "Tell them (Congress) that if they do not find, cannot muster, the political courage to stand up to the lobbies and the zealots and enact comprehensive gun reform and standardize mental health care support in this next session of congress, you will - you absolutely will - be voting for someone with that courage."

"And tell them to close their eyes and imagine what it was like to be that mom or that dad today, and what it will be like to be them tomorrow, or the next day, or on Christmas, looking at presents that will never be opened, or a year from today, or ten years from today, or thirty, or fifty."

Well said.

-C!

Armindo Macieira
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:12pm | IP Logged | 7  

The news echoed in this side of the Atlantic...

As I sit in my studio and I look around and see all this toys yet to be wrapped and put in the Christmas tree for my 3 years old son, I cannot begin to imagine the pain those parents must be going through... This morning their concern was probably what presents to buy their children and now their kids are dead!
I can only thank heavens I live in a country where is next to impossible to buy guns and hope this incident (along with all the others in recent times) opens the eyes of US government... make them grow some balls and start changing current legislation on guns ownership.

My most sincere condolences to the families...

Joe Zhang
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:18pm | IP Logged | 8  

"Chicken shits with NRA money in their pocket"

I must be missing something. The NRA donates only a few thousand to their candidates? Hell, I can buy a congressman too ! 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

William Roberge
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:21pm | IP Logged | 9  

Right now I'm at home, hugging my two beautiful girls and not wanting to let them out of my sight. Why should I feel like I'm sending them in to harms way by sending them to school, just so people in this country can own weapons that only our military need?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:23pm | IP Logged | 10  

This is not a rhetorical question, I am genuinely interested to find out the answer: the US seems to periodically have school shootings. Does any legislation get passed when one happens to try and change things?

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:24pm | IP Logged | 11  

The guns deaths are outrageous. We need to have that conversation about guns!! NOW!!!

Philip Obaza
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 December 2012 at 5:55pm | IP Logged | 12  

I've just been thinking this all day:

No hate. No fear. We live in a violent world. All we can do is work to make it better while we still can.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 39 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version