Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Sports Talk
Byrne Robotics > Sports Talk << Prev Page of 151 Next >>
Topic: Around The NBA Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 February 2013 at 5:27pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

It seems that the Wizard wanted to save some money for next year and didn't really need him with John Wall back.  Apparently, Crawford was also unhappy there because he wasn't getting much playing time.  Can't blame the coach though.  Crawford was 1-11 in his 12 starts this season.

Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Yeah, Crawford has a pretty low shooting percentage and isn't known for his defense; Wall is certainly better.  Still, Boston is starved for scorers and guards right now, so it's a no brainer, especially at such a low cost.  And 1-11 doesn't mean much for a team that is already 28th out of 30 teams in win pct... it's not like Wash. played better without him.

LeBron and Miami are turning it on now... another triple double for LJ, 30+ for Wade and their 10th straight win.  They'd love the playoffs to start today, but there's still almost 30 games to go.  Better be careful not to peak early!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Thompson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 6:12pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Hoping Tim Duncan wins another title. This could be the year. In Greg Popovich I trust. If San Antonio gets to the finals, they will be an excellent match-up against the Heat.

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 February 2013 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

My hope is the Rockets figure out how to play together better by the end of the season and win it all.  They have done well against the Heat and Thunder.  Still haven't beaten the Spurs yet.

How about the Lakers?  People don't even think they will make the playoffs.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 February 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

The Lakers are my favorite team, and they have had too
many problems:

Injuries to Nash & Gasol, in addition to bringing in
Dwight Howard who still hadn't recovered from his back
troubles and now has a shoulder injury.

Chris Paul is wearing the wrong Los Angeles team's
uniform thanks to David Stern.

Mike D'Antoni shouldn't be their head coach. He was a bad
choice, and I don't think he'll get to finish his
contract.

They probably should have tried to trade Dwight Howard.
He might decide to re-sign with the team, but right now I
don't think its likely.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 February 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

How about the Lakers?  People don't even think they will make the playoffs.
Wilson, even though they've been playing better in the past 15 games, I'm beginning to come around to that position.  In their favor is their realization they have to step it up.  They seem to be doing so.  The problem for me is that the push will take a big toll on the key personnel like Kobe (old), Nash (old), Metta (old) and Dwight (injured) such that even if they do sneak in there at the end, it will have cost them much of the energy they need for the much heightened intensity and competition that the playoffs bring.  Before the season, they were the favorite to win it all and anyone saying they wouldn't make the 8th seed would've been laughed out of Vegas.  At this point, I think you're right and most people see it like that (or see them losing badly and quickly if they get in.)   If ever Kobe wanted to really enhance his legend, this is his shot.  Problem is, I don't even think Jordan could do it at this point.

Edited by Rick Senger on 26 February 2013 at 3:13pm

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 March 2013 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

If ever Kobe wanted to really enhance his legend, this is his shot. 
As a Celtic fan, it pains me, but Bryant of late is doing it.  Two straight crazy heroic games where he got 40+ points with 12 assists and singlehandedly took control in crunch time.  He's playing out of his mind, distributing generously, shooting the lights out when it counts and driving/dunking like no 34 year old should be able.  He has long seemed selfish and prickly so I've grudgingly admired him through much of his career, but the way he's willing and carrying this team (which has little chance to go far) to wins in this stretch is awesome.  Utah seems to be falling back, too... only one game ahead in the loss column now.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 March 2013 at 7:25pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Kobe Bryant severely sprained his ankle after landing on Dahntay Jones' foot after a shot in last night's game.  Kobe says Jones "Jalen Rosed" him, referring to an incident when Rose intentionally stepped under him after a shot in the 2000 finals resulting in Kobe's 2nd worst sprain in his career.  Jones also has a history of dirty play versus Kobe, having intentionally tripped him in the playoffs in 2009.  Was this play dirty?

link

Edited by Rick Senger on 14 March 2013 at 7:26pm

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Considering the prior incident between the two and the fact that Jones knows that he has to give the offensive player room to land, I would say YES, it probably was intentional.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Yeah, me too.  I feel bad for Kobe and the Lakers, who were just finding their rhythm and making a good move.  Still, I wouldn't count out him out... conventional wisdom says at least a week or more but the Black Mamba has eerie voodoo powers not to be underestimated.

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 March 2013 at 10:25pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Kobe showed he has a lot of heart...or pride to play today.  Not effective though.  Only the 15th time in his career that he didn't score in a game.  I am glad the rest of the team was still able to come through with a win over a tough opponent like the Pacers.

The Knicks are falling apart at the seams with injuries.

What do you think of Denver and Memphis' prospects?  I haven't been following them.

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

What do you think of Denver and Memphis' prospects?
Denver has an incredibly balanced offensive attack... 9 players are viable scoring threats so nobody has to dominate on a nightly basis.  Lawson is their top scorer at a mere 16.8 PPG but Gallinari is right behind as well as Chandler, Iguodala and Faried.  They give up over 100 points a game, though, and despite having a good winning percentage and an 11 game winning streak, I'm not sure they're ready for prime time against the best teams.  Super young... we talked about the Lakers and Celtics and Heat and Spurs and Mavs all being over 30... Denver only has one player over 30 (Andre Miller) and he's not vital.  If the team stays intact, it's going to get better each year. 

Memphis is not quite as good offensively (though they have six players averaging double figures) but they play the best team defense in the league (they allow the fewest ppg in the league.)  They're an
amazing 20-0 when they score 100 or more points.  I tend to favor defense over offense in the playoffs (you can't always rely on your jump shot but you can always D up)  so I have a feeling Memphis may surprise people. 

<< Prev Page of 151 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version