Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Trek
Byrne Robotics > Star Trek << Prev Page of 449 Next >>
Topic: STAR TREK: NEW VISIONS - Origins and Updates Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2013 at 3:25pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

In the case of actors who've had recurring characters.  Like Mark Lenard you have the benefit of using him at different ages. 
Back to Top profile | search

Luke Styer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2013 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
I think I'll sneak in a few "lumpy" Klingons before I embark upon something that ambitious!

I made an attempt at Luaba's species quite a while ago, and it was a lot of work for not a great result, and that was for a single image, not for even a background character in a photonovel necessitating multiple images.

Still, I don't know exactly why, but that character fascinates me, so I do hope for an appearance!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 23 October 2013 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

That's not a bad try at one of Luaba's folk. You were perhaps more restrained than you needed to be in the general lumpiness.

Not sure where the look came from, or the name. Invented on the spot, first time he appeared.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 23 October 2013 at 8:09pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

JB, Do you have enough stories in mind to do a series of books ? Even if it was a limited series ?

I presently have about ten springboards in mind, tho I cannot say with any certainty that all of them will find their way into print, or what form (photonovel or more conventional) they'll take if they do. Chris knows I am presently quite enamored with the photo form, but he's looking for ways to keep me drawing, too.

Luke Styer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 October 2013 at 9:44pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Thanks!  I started with a photo of a guy in makeup sort of along the lines of Buffy vampires, so that was the source of the lumpiness, but also why it was mostly i the forehead area.

I think the name is a big part of my fascination. That's a really good name.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 6:52am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

$%@$!!!

The Good News is, the book is at the printer!

The "bad" news is, last night I noticed an emergency light flashing red on the bridge when there was no need for it in my scene.

Ah, well! That small imperfection without which there is no true beauty, right?

Peter Hicks
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:33am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The book is at the printers?  Has it been solicited yet by Diamond?  I want to make sure my LCS orders me a copy!

Luke Styer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:36am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

John Byrne wrote:
The "bad" news is, last night I noticed an emergency light flashing red on the bridge when there was no need for it in my scene.

You can fix it in the reprint, then the original panel can be a still from the out-take reel.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 7:55am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

The book is at the printers? Has it been solicited yet by Diamond? I want to make sure my LCS orders me a copy!

I'm hoping smart LCS owners/managers are doing all they can to circulate awareness of this book beyond their usual customers. There IS an overlap of STAR TREK and comicbook fans, but it's not huge and, as noted, this project is one that could overcome the resistance many TREK fans have had to comicbook versions.

STAR TREK novels almost invariably find their way onto Best Seller lists. With a little effort from retailers, I see no reason why this book should not be there, too.

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 8:22am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

There's probably now a good chance that people are going to bring these to Shatner and Co. at conventions to sign.
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Elliott
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

STAR TREK novels almost invariably find their way onto Best Seller lists. With a little effort from retailers, I see no reason why this book should not be there, too.

==========

If that happens, then would we be likely to see more?

And if so, then is this the start of a "new" form of comics?  It would be easy for DC to do something like this with the Batman '66 comic using images from the TV series.  Not that I'd buy it.

John Byrne
Imaginary X-Man

Posted: 24 October 2013 at 10:27am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Whether of not this is a "best seller", it's all too easy to imagine others trying their hands at similar efforts. (Writer: "At last! I no longer need those annoying 'artists'!")

Whether all such attempts will be worth a look is another matter. It's also all too easy to imagine a cascade of wretchedness crushing further reader interest.

<< Prev Page of 449 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version