Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum
Topic: Info on a JB hardcover (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2015 at 1:12am | IP Logged | 1  

Hey Everybuddy,

I have been very interested in JB's ANGEL: THE JOHN BYRNE COLLECTION from IDW for some time now.  I have been waiting for this to come out in paperback, but am beginning to suspect it might not.  Does anyone have any info related to this?  

Given the deep discounts for which some retailers on Amazon are selling the hardcover I am not trying to be cheap by waiting for a new paperback version from IDW - I would likely only be paying a a buck or two less than the current price - I simply prefer paperbacks.  However, if this is only planned as a hardcover release, I would like to know so I can go ahead and purchase it now.  Thanks for any info!!

Marc
Back to Top profile | search

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2015 at 2:11am | IP Logged | 2  

PICK UP THE HARDCOVER!!!!

Really - IDW doesn't have the rights to ANGEL anymore, he's over at Dark Horse hanging with Faith in a Buffy spin-off title. I can't see IDW doing a softcover of the collection, since in reality, it's a hardcover collection of stuff that was already in softcover. IDW does that for things like GIJOE, Transformers, etc, where they have TPBs but then, later on, they collect them into hardcovers in a preferred reading order. They're not often like Marvel or DC where they release a HC first then a few months later a TPB. 

Buy it Marc. Buy it and love it because it's freaking beautiful!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Marc Baptiste
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2015 at 12:14pm | IP Logged | 3  

Brad,

Thanks much!  I will ordering it today!!

Marc

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 January 2015 at 5:36pm | IP Logged | 4  

Though it doesn't seem necessary, I second Brad's suggestion, Marc!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 27 January 2015 at 8:37pm | IP Logged | 5  

Brad K:  "I can't see IDW doing a softcover of the collection, since in reality, it's a hardcover collection of stuff that was already in softcover."

That's right - "Blood & Trenches" was collected as a softcover trade paperback.  But I don't think the two ANGEL VS. FRANKENSTEIN stories and LORNE: MUSIC OF THE SPHERES were ever collected before the hardback.  I bet you can track them down separately, but the hardback is really sharp and well worth it.

These are such great comics - I hope you enjoy it, Marc!

Brad Krawchuk
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 January 2015 at 2:19am | IP Logged | 6  

I seem to recall giving my TPBs of the ANGEL VS FRANKENSTEIN stories away when I got the hardcover; it's entirely possible I'm mistaken and it was the individual issues. Incidentally, I've kept my LORNE special because there are a few extras in the original printing that aren't in the HC, like the tributes to Andy Hallett. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version