Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Movies
Byrne Robotics > Movies << Prev Page of 29
Topic: Spider-Man: Homecoming - SPOILERS start Pg 22 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 7:29am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Over the years, I have discovered there are a lot of blood-thirsty fans out there!

They want(ed) Aunt May to DIE! They wanted Kitty Pryde to DIE!* And when I brought back the Kents, they wanted them to DIE!!

I was speaking to my young nephew over the weekend about superhero stuff and while discussing news of an INFINITY WAR teaser coming out soon, he told me he was anxious to know WHO DIES in the upcoming movie!

*sigh*

-C! 

Back to Top profile | search | www

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 8:21am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Hmm.

Back to Top profile | search | email

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 8:41am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I wouldn't put any stock in that article. It isn't taking into account the latest Apes movie that just came out. Regardless of how it turns out Marvel isn't going to stop with it's plans for Spider-Man. 

At this point it has almost doubled what it cost to make the film. That's a good thing right?

Edited by Anthony J Lombardi on 18 July 2017 at 8:43am
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:31am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

IGN has a less dramatic take, noting that HOMECOMING's drop isn't that big of an outlier compared to other MCU movies. 

I expect HOMECOMING to have better legs than WFTPOTA, given the reaction to both movies. 

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 12:26pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Has Homecoming opened in China yet?

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:20pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Michael Roberts wrote:
...I expect HOMECOMING to have better legs than WFTPOTA, given the reaction to both movies. ..

I'm curious about what reactions you are referring to, Michael. I've heard nothing but raves about the latest "Planet of The Apes" film.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 2:45pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

QUOTE:
While Fox was able to get the critics on board, social media guru Relish Mix felt that the love wasn’t translating in the online chatter heading into the weekend with mixed conversation, a socially disengaged cast and a “good, but not great” 265M social media universe across Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for a sci-fi/fantasy film.

This mixed conversation, "good, but not great" reaction is more of what I'm seeing among people who've seen the film, versus the critical response. I've seen lots of complaints that it was boring in spots, a criticism I agree with.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:17pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Matt this review was pretty negative.

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 July 2017 at 4:18pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I haven't seen it yet so I have no opinion about it yet. If it's long that fine with me.  

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2017 at 10:29pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Saw it tonight and I liked quite a bit of it especially Tom Holland as Peter Parker and, of course, Robert Downey Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man. What I didn't like was the puzzling casting choices and the changes to major members of the supporting cast, no, not Marisa Tomei as Aunt May, but what the heck did they do to Flash Thompson? It wasn't even so much the changing of his race as they changed the character completely except he's still kind of a dick. But how he's smart like Peter and a scrawny dude too. That's not Flash.

And making Michelle be MJ was just dumb since it's not Mary Jane.

Overall I was mostly entertained and laughed several times so it's got the last two Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies beat, but that's not saying much. Spider-Man 2 with Tobey Maguire still ranks as the best Spider-Man film in my book.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 July 2017 at 10:42pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Over the years, I have discovered there are a lot of blood-thirsty fans out there!

They want(ed) Aunt May to DIE! They wanted Kitty Pryde to DIE!* And when I brought back the Kents, they wanted them to DIE!!

I was speaking to my young nephew over the weekend about superhero stuff and while discussing news of an INFINITY WAR teaser coming out soon, he told me he was anxious to know WHO DIES in the upcoming movie!

*sigh*

-C! 

Jeez, kids today will never know the shock, outrage, and despair we all felt when reading JB kill Guardian in Alpha Flight #12. I don't think I've ever been more upset at a character's death. Back then death still meant something in comics. These days it's a revolving door. Of course Marvel later brought Guardian back which was a mistake, even though I was overjoyed when JB "brought him back" only to pull the rug out again and fill me with shock and despair again with his plot twist. That was great comics.

Edited by Shane Matlock on 19 July 2017 at 10:43pm

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 July 2017 at 2:18pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Also just wanted to add that  Michael Keaton's becoming the Vulture in Spider-Man: Homecoming because he lost his government contract job might be the most realistic origin since unrequited love.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 29
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version