Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 4
Topic: Sanity in California (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2015 at 1:58pm | IP Logged | 1  

I would like to see the non-toxin vaccination movement create just such a vaccination. Holistic medicine cannot make a vaccine out of herbs, roots and berries. The process of creating a vaccine is quite complicated from what I understand.

Besides the uncouth nature of Carey's tweet, it was completely wrong! Carey asserted that the boy's condition was caused by vaccination and the family acknowledged his condition proceeded any vaccination. I hope a civil suit comes of this. I have enjoyed many of Carey's movies and shows, but his activity should have consequence.
Back to Top profile | search

Jeremy Simington
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2015 at 5:19pm | IP Logged | 2  

JASON STEPHENS: ...I still am uneasy with making it mandatory for everyone...I still don't really like the idea of anybody telling me what to do with my body or that of my child.

It's not mandatory. It's perfectly legal for parents to skip the vaccinations, they just have to home school their kids. Also, legitimate medical exemptions are still allowed. However, there are bigger issues. It isn't just the unvaccinated kid that is affected, given what we know about the benefits of herd immunity and the disaster that results when it is diminished. We all have a responsibility to do what we can to protect the most-vulnerable from disease. Finally, vaccines are safe with a few very rare exceptions. One might as well say, "Get adequate vitamins and minerals? I'm not letting anyone tell me what to do with my child!"

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 July 2015 at 6:49pm | IP Logged | 3  

When doctors talk shop about medications it is frequently in statistical terms.  I remember over hearing one such conversation about an extremely common post-heart surgery drug many years ago that was stopped when statistically it was found to be far more deadly to give it than to not.  The surgeon was saying "Now I don't know that it killed anyone, but I gave it to so many patients it must have."

They use terms like "We must give this drug to c number of people to cure one" and if c is low enough, or cheap enough, or if the "we must give this to k number of people to kill one" has a high enough k, then the drug might be deemed worth giving.

Vaccinations can kill.  Make no mistake.  Hell, just poking the skin with a syringe, statistically speaking, has killed someone.  And of course if that infinitesimally small number comes to rest on your loved one, no amount of charts is going to kill the pain.  But the evidence is pretty solid that the risks are small and the risks of failing to act are dire.

In fact, we have to reset our measles clock for the first time in twelve years.

Edited by Kevin Hagerman on 02 July 2015 at 6:50pm

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 4
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version