Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 7
Topic: The Brexit (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 June 2016 at 11:55pm | IP Logged | 1  

This whole mess just gets more and more surreal. We are living out a real Roman play here.
That Gove thinks he can throw Boris under a bus and then think anyone in his party would trust him as leader baffles me. Still, we dodge the bullet of Boris as PM which would have just been the worst thing ever. All I could see in his eyes was a scared rabbit that now had to think about how to sort the mess he created without any thought of what happened if he won.

And how Gove can think he can spends months (literally) saying he is not the man to be PM and then turn around and run, thinking this will go down well with the public is beyond me.

So, here we are as a country, entering the most unknown time in a long, long time, with the government stabbing each other in the back, the opposition stabbing each other in the back and in open warfare (the majority, like 70%, of the Labour MPs have said they do not back their leader while he says he won't go), Scotland asking for a new referendum, Farage giving the most insulting speech ever in the EU, companies leaving the UK, economy tanking and absolutely no plan.

All going well then.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2016 at 4:30am | IP Logged | 2  

My opinion,of Boris,is that the bumbling oaf character he portrays,is an act and he`s actually a very devious individual.

J W Campbell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2016 at 4:55am | IP Logged | 3  

Bill Collins wrote:
Regarding Labour`s Jeremy Corbin,everytime he`s filmed coming out of his house,his small front garden looks an overgrown mess,it strikes me that if he can`t keep his house looking smart,what chance has he of running a country?

The current Chancellor of the Exchequer was photographed in the company of a known prostitute with lines white powder that couldn't possibly be cocaine on the table in front of him, and you're bothered that Jeremy Corbyn's front garden is a bit untidy because he's a busy man and doesn't employ someone at the taxpayers' expense to do it for him?!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2016 at 5:32am | IP Logged | 4  

The market "bounced back" from the initial reaction because there was nothing fueling it, but fear and speculation. Let's see what kind of deal can be struck for market access, immigration, taxation and allow the other things that must happen over the next two years for the exit to be finalized before firing off the "I told you so" statements. This is just beginning and far from all wrapped up and done.
Back to Top profile | search

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2016 at 5:40am | IP Logged | 5  

Meanwhile 7% of Leavers and 3% of Remainers wish they could reverse their decision. This of course would result in Remain winning.

Maybe we should be like Germany (pun intended) and ban referenda. Complex questions cannot be answered by a simple two choices.

Bill Collins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 July 2016 at 5:57am | IP Logged | 6  

I agree J.W., Osbourne`s behaviour is deplorable,but first impressions count,if you know tv cameras will be outside your house,you ought to make an effort! Especially if you represent your party! Maybe i am measuring Corbyn by my standards,which are higher than his.Also,why should he use tax payer`s money to get his garden tidied? Is he not paid a wage? I was making an observation,no need to get you knickers in a twist.

Edited by Bill Collins on 01 July 2016 at 6:03am

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 August 2016 at 6:19am | IP Logged | 7  

Damn you, Brexit:

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 7
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version