Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum Page of 2 Next >>
Topic: Avengers by John Byrne Omnibus is Now Available (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 4:28pm | IP Logged | 1  

There was a thread back in December about this but it's now locked.

AVENGERS BY JOHN BYRNE OMNIBUS HC

Written by JOHN BYRNE, FABIAN NICIEZA, DANNY FINGEROTH, ROY THOMAS, DANN THOMAS,
MARK GRUENWALD, MICHAEL HIGGINS & MORE
Penciled by JOHN BYRNE, TOM MORGAN, GARY HARTLE, PAUL RYAN, MARK BAGLEY, RON WILSON & MORE
Cover by JOHN BYRNE

Earth's Mightiest Heroes by one of comics' biggest names! John Byrne transforms the West Coast Avengers as the dismantling of the Vision sets the android's bewitching wife, Wanda Maximoff, down a path that is far darker than scarlet! On the East Coast, Byrne steers the Avengers through attack by the Lava Men and into the Negative Zone in search of the Eternals! Then along comes a spider as a friendly neighborhood wall-crawler joins the Assemblers on a journey to the stars! But what is Immortus's ultimate plan? From the Evolutionary War to Acts of Vengeance and more, it's an eventful volume filled with epic tales written and/or drawn by Byrne! Collecting WEST COAST AVENGERS (1985) #42-46, AVENGERS WEST COAST #47-62 and ANNUAL #4, AVENGERS (1963) #305-318 and ANNUAL #18, and material from AVENGERS SPOTLIGHT #23 and WHAT THE--?! #6.
992 PGS./Rated T ...$100.00
ISBN: 978-1-302-90057-1
Trim size: oversized

The cover price is $100 but www.instocktrades.com is offering it as one of the deals of the week at 50% off, or $50, which qualifies for free shipping! It's not a bad price at all for over 37 books. That price should remain until Tuesday, after which it will probably still be at least 42% off. Highly recommended especially to those who haven't read these stories already! It would be nice if JB's earlier Avengers run was included as well. That run was included in the Marvel Universe by John Byrne Omnibus. I'm guessing at the time that one was being devised, the idea of a John Byrne Avengers Omnibus hadn't been thought of, or else it would have made more sense to hold back those Avengers issues for this one.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Wallace Sellars
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 5:05pm | IP Logged | 2  

Thanks for the heads up, Brandon!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Marc Cheek
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 6:40pm | IP Logged | 3  

Great! I've been checking instocktrades over the last few
weeks, but hadn't checked in the last few days. Heading
over there now to place an order!

Jason Larouse
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 6:42pm | IP Logged | 4  

This is a blind spot for me. Might have to pick it up.
Back to Top profile | search

Tim O Neill
Byrne Robotics Security

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 7:42pm | IP Logged | 5  

Thanks for the heads-up, Brandon - I missed it in the new release thread. JB's Avengers West Coast work is excellent - glad to see it all collected together in the Omnibus format.

Bert Kruger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 July 2016 at 7:58pm | IP Logged | 6  

FYI, I added it here a few days ago -  http://www.byrnerobotics.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50250 &PN=1&totPosts=19&FID=3&PR=3

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2016 at 11:11am | IP Logged | 7  

Been too long since I checked this out, so count me in. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2016 at 11:54am | IP Logged | 8  

Ah, JB's way-too-short AVENGERS WEST COAST run. For me, it was enjoyable reading the Vision Quest storyline, the return of the original Human Torch as well as Wanda's evil turn and reunion with her father and brother. JB's sub-plot with Tigra was interesting but sadly not finished by JB… I don't even recall how it ended up as I bailed out when JB left.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Blair Herd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2016 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 9  

Just ordered one for myself.  Thanks for the tip....

Dave B Stewart
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 July 2016 at 1:00pm | IP Logged | 10  

I didn't realize this one was coming so quickly after the Marvel Universe Omnibus by JB.  Ordered and on its way!

If I were to pick the next Marvel reprint project, I'd love to see a covers volume of JB's work.  I know, I know.  Most are in the other books, but it would be nice to have them all together.  Starting with Jungle Action #23 (Sept 1976) and going through X-Men Hidden Years (Sept 2001), that's over 400 covers!  It does make me sad that it's been 15 years that an original JB cover has graced a Marvel book.

Brandon Carter
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 11  

This book has been listed as Top Seller #1 on the www.instocktrades.com site for over a week now!

I received my copy last week. Besides the listed issues, there is also some bonus material from Marvel Age, Official Marvel Handbook pages, house ads, trade paperback covers, and more. In case anyone was wondering, the issues are presented in somewhat chronological order, with the Avengers and West Coast Avengers issues mixed. It's not quite one of one, then one of the other (at least until Acts of Vengeance), but more like several issues of one, then several of the other, usually alternating between storylines.

Thomas Moudry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 July 2016 at 4:09pm | IP Logged | 12  

I want this and the Alpha Flight Omnibus, but I just can't swing them right now
—with school starting soon and the requisite expenditures. Keeping them in
mind, though...

Page of 2 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version