Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2
Topic: OT: Pokémon Go And Unity/Fitness (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2016 at 2:04pm | IP Logged | 1  

I've had some fun with the nephew the last couple weeks watching him catch Pokemon.  I even caught one too but he said I was doing it wrong...

Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2016 at 2:49pm | IP Logged | 2  

I work at a supermarket and we apparently had a pigeon-shaped Pokemon character in our bakery dept. the other day. I was telling customers that it was there when another customer found a "Crabby" in the greeting card section. (No doubt it was trying to cheer itself up.) 

A family came through with a girl about 13 or 14. I let them know there were apparently Pokemon loose in the store that day. The girl said she'd already checked, but checked again and said I was right. In fact, she told her parents, "There's one right behind him," whereupon she pointed her phone at me and downloaded me.

I thanked her and said that I had been feeling off all day. Perhaps I'd been possessed by a Pokemon. I thanked her for telephonically exorcising me, and wished them all a good day.

Of course, now I'm kicking myself for not asking what Pokemon creature it was that had been hanging around behind me. I'd like to think it was Jigglypuff. I think Jigglypuff is hilarious.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 July 2016 at 3:56pm | IP Logged | 3  

Heidi's son went out yesterday and caught a lot of Pokemon....at a cemetery. 

Sadly, I'm not kidding.

(Should have asked if he caught a Haunter.....)
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 5:03am | IP Logged | 4  

If someone walks into traffic, they have worse problems than trying to catch all the Pokemon. I don't see how this is something that Nintendo can fix... any more than the fact that McDonalds can fix that their hot coffee is hot.
Back to Top profile | search

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 6:05am | IP Logged | 5  

If someone walks into traffic, they have worse problems than trying to catch all the Pokemon. 

Fact is, a person so ignorant/stupid would have done the same, anyway. If it hadn't been this, it'd have been something else.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 6:29am | IP Logged | 6  

If someone walks into traffic, they have worse problems than trying to catch all the Pokemon. I don't see how this is something that Nintendo can fix... any more than the fact that McDonalds can fix that their hot coffee is hot.
------------------------------------------------------------ ----
First, Pokemon is aimed at children at least as much as adults. 

Second, why is this not something that Nintendo can fix? 

What benefit do they gain from putting Pokemons in the grounds of electric power stations? Or on highways?

If someone walks into traffic chasing a pokemon, they are an idiot. The person six cars back who gets involved in the pile-up: are  they an idiot as well? 

Joe Hollon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 6:50am | IP Logged | 7  

From what I've seen you don't have to be all that close to a Pokemon to catch it.  As we were driving down the road my nephew would say "got one!" every once in awhile without me even slowing down.  If one was in the middle of a street I don't think you'd have to walk out to get it. 
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Michael Casselman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 7:45am | IP Logged | 8  

Apparently, Nintendo can do something about where the Pokemon are. Shortly after reporting an issue within the Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust, it was removed as a hotspot.

Other reported 'Pokespots' have included the Auschwitz museum in Poland, the 9/11 Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington and Arlington National Cemetery. Classy! I wonder how long it'll take until someone tries to jump the fence at the White House to catch a Pokemon?

Joseph Greathouse
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 7:49am | IP Logged | 9  

"You can blame the people for being stupid, but don't you think there is a care of duty on Nintendo's behalf to NOT put Pokemon's on highways, near power lines, etc?"

The wreck referred to in the link that has been circulating has actually been shown false.

http://www.snopes.com/man-stops-to-catch-pikachu/

Stevie Thomas
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 July 2016 at 7:56am | IP Logged | 10  

While they own a stake in the Pokemon property, note that Nintendo does not actually make this game:

Back to Top profile | search | www

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version