Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 105 Next >>
Topic: Trump- 1 Hillary- 0 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 1  

JOHN M. JACKSON: But I will vote for an ***hole seven days a week and twice on Sunday over a pathological liar.

Of course, we're not just talking about an asshole who is also a pathological liar (and lies much more often and much more severely than Clinton).  We're talking about a sexual predator, who gleefully describes how he assaults women just because he can.  But go ahead and keep supporting the guy who brags that kissing a woman and grabbing her vagina whether she likes it or not is A-OK.  That tells us everything we need to know about your moral compass.  Sleep well.  I hope the next woman Trump assaults isn't someone you care about.
Back to Top profile | search

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:14pm | IP Logged | 2  

Matt, I am pretty sure most states will give out free ID cards for anybody that needs them.

Saying people will be disenfranchised is just an excuse to perpetuate voter fraud.

--

I wish you'd said that sooner so I wouldn't have wasted my time with you.

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:15pm | IP Logged | 3  

John M. Jackson wrote:
But I will vote for an ***hole seven days a week and twice on Sunday over a pathological liar.

I think the most puzzling thing about this election is how many Americans have been persuaded that Trump is less honest than Clinton.  Trump will say things, and then literally an hour later deny saying them.  When people say Clinton is a pathological liar they are being hyperbolic, but Trump's lies at times actually do seem pathological, in terms of their frequency and blatancy.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:20pm | IP Logged | 4  

Well said, Jason.

When I watched the debates, I had Twitter on in the "background". As the conman spoke, things popped up on my timeline PROVING his lies (i.e. old tweets, contradictions, fact checks, etc).

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:22pm | IP Logged | 5  

Man, if Clinton has any brains she will begin immediately running some anti-Pence commercials in swing states.  I can imagine a scenario now where Trump is forced out and Pence takes over.  And sadly, I can imagine Pence winning, due to Clinton's overall unpopularity and the novelty of Pence being a relatively new guy on the national scene.  Ugh.  I'd even take Cruz over Pence, who is virulently anti-gay and a hardcore evangelical... the prospect of him slipping into the Presidency this way is scary.  This next month is gonna be nerve-wracking. 

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:26pm | IP Logged | 6  

John M Jackson wrote:
But I will vote for an ***hole seven days a week and twice on Sunday over a pathological liar.

You have GOT to be kidding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ7_bo74VMA

If you want to make an argument that his lying is somehow not as bad as hers, then knock yourself out. But the only way Trump's not a pathological liar is if he's living in his own reality, which I fail to see as an improvement.

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:33pm | IP Logged | 7  

Trump is the definition of a pathological liar.  He lies about things that are demonstratively untrue.  He lies about things that don't even call to be lied about, like how he chose Cleveland for the site of the Republican conventions (he didn't).

Even if everything Clinton has been said to lie about were actual lies, at least 90% of those would be clear CYAs.  Trump will lie about what time it is.  He can't help himself.

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:40pm | IP Logged | 8  

Clinton has a public position on issues and a private one.

The public one is where she lies to the American people and the private one is where she tells the truth to her donors.

http://thehill.com/32426-summer-reading-carol-felsenthals-ex cellent-clinton-in-exile
"We need to hear these voices and the not-so-quiet and loving voices as well: Don Hewett recalls a "60 Minutes" episode about Vernon Jordan, Bill’s golf pal, when Mike Wallace asked him, "What do you and Bill Clinton talk about on the golf course?" and Jordan answered, "Pussy.""

Kevin Hagerman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:41pm | IP Logged | 9  

However, why not simply require a valid form of ID (driver's license, SS card, etc)?

--

Because the goal is less voters, not voters but with ID.

I'm all for voter ID.  What's to stop some spiteful asshole from getting up twenty minutes before I do and taking my vote away because he didn't have to show ID (which is very unlikely - but more likely than coordinated, widespread voter fraud to sweep Democrats into office)?  I would be furious if that happened!  Furious!

But a mandate for IDs needs to be paired with an outreach to get those IDs to people.  In Wisconsin, many places that give up IDs are open on the fifth Wednesday of the month.  Who the FUCK knows what months have five Wednesdays in them; or that THAT is the incredibly bullshit schedule that has been implemented?  (BTW that's March, June, August, and November - which means if you haven't gotten your ID yet you can just go fuck right off for this election but we'll be open at the end of next month!  Hope the weather's good.)

Anthony J Lombardi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:44pm | IP Logged | 10  

That's right Mr. Jackson go down swinging.

You know it isn't a crime to admit you were wrong. It's okay to change your mind. Especially when new evidence comes to light that would support that change.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:45pm | IP Logged | 11  

I'm sorry.  Is it 1992 or 1996 now?  Is BILL Clinton running for office?  

John M. Jackson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 October 2016 at 12:46pm | IP Logged | 12  

I would suggest you read Wikileaks for new evidence coming to light.

<< Prev Page of 105 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version