Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 4 Next >>
Topic: Arrow -- season 5 (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 8:30pm | IP Logged | 1  

The Prometheus reveal, Green Arrow back to being wanted by the police, Felicity agreeing to join the hacker group, the fact there's now no viable suspect for who Vigilante really is......

Though I suppose the wanted by the police part will likely be put to rest when Prometheus is dealt with.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 9:08pm | IP Logged | 2  

the fact there's now no viable suspect for who Vigilante really is......

-----

My guess is that Vigilante is Adrian Chase.

But who is the Star City DA?
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 9:09pm | IP Logged | 3  

Michael, have you seen the latest episode?

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 9:19pm | IP Logged | 4  

Yes.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 9:41pm | IP Logged | 5  

So your theory would be that Prometheus is posing as DA Adrian Chase, while Vigilante is the real Chase? Would your scenario have the same actor portraying both roles (evil twin, or wearing a mask), or the real Chase being a completely different actor?

Nah. Don't see it. If that was the case, why wouldn't Vigilante go directly after the impostor?

The only thing I could think of would be really lame: Vigilante turning out to be Curtis' husband, Paul. What possible motivation could he have? Because if its becoming bitter enough to start shooting criminals because his spouse decided to fight crime, that would be beyond lame. 

I was hoping someone else would turn out to be Vigilante, and that something would cause Chase to take over the identity without Team Arrow knowing it was him behind the visor. I'm hoping that the twist isn't that Vigilante and Prometheus kill each other.  But I don't see Prometheus surviving this, since he knows Oliver is Green Arrow, unless he ends up with amnesia or in a coma.

And I hope they don't drag out Dinah putting on a costume as long as its being dragged out with Mon-El on SUPERGIRL......

Edited by Brian Floyd on 03 March 2017 at 9:58pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:12pm | IP Logged | 6  

I hadn't thought about it being Paul. 

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:34pm | IP Logged | 7  

I only came up with Paul because Vigilante clearly isn't black (we've seen his neck a few times), which lets out the detective that Arrow talked to about Malone, and there's no other viable candidate. Unless its someone who hasn't even been on the show this season or is a very minor background character. Wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a brand new character rather than an existing one.

Or it could be Susan Williams, using a voice modulator and a padded outfit to appear male. But that would really be out there!

Edited by Brian Floyd on 03 March 2017 at 10:39pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:51pm | IP Logged | 8  

I was REALLY hoping Prometheus would be Worf. 

Greg Kirkman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 March 2017 at 11:22pm | IP Logged | 9  

Unless they're going against the comics, then Vigilante is Chase, and the Prometheus reveal is some sort of red herring. Shape-shifting, a MISSION IMPOSSIBLE-style rubber mask, etc.

C'mon! Chase was awful eager to get ahold of that piece of Vigilante's visor, because it's obviously evidence which could out him as Vigilante. Prometheus apparently posing as Chase is surely meant to confuse us--especially we who knew, going in, that Chase was Vigilante in the comics.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2017 at 8:55am | IP Logged | 10  

I'm convinced Vigilante is either Roy Harper or Greg Sanders. Yes, I know we haven't seen him yet... :) :) :)

But I would kinda like to see the Prairie Troubadour beside his 7SoV teammate again... in fact, I'd LOVE to see the Law's Legionnaires, and they could all fit in the Arrow milieu... (well, maybe Sir Justin is a stretch. ;)

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 March 2017 at 1:27pm | IP Logged | 11  

Maybe Vigilante is actually Greg Sanders' nephew, Swashbuckler? :p

Ed Love
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 06 March 2017 at 12:45pm | IP Logged | 12  

Thanks to the continuity of Legends of Tomorrow, Sir Justin and the Demon are all but impossible as the magician Merlin underwent a heavy retcon unless they are pulled from a parallel Earth.

My thoughts, Chase could be both Vigilante and Prometheus. At times he has someone else, such as Susan Williams, donning the Vigilante gear and that's why he was upset at the Vig going after Oliver. While Chase was the first to be that version of the Vigilante, there have been several people including a woman to wear the costume in the comics since him.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 07 March 2017 at 5:47am | IP Logged | 13  

Still... Merlin was a savvy old cuss. If Courtney filled in as Merlin for a while, it's very possible that it was part of his plans for Arthur and Camelot.

I think their appearance is unlikely, but I can't rule out the possibility of Sir Justin or the Demon.  I have seen screen appearances of Willie Lumpkin, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Doc Samson. These days, anything is possible.

Okay, I grant you, those were Marvel characters. Still, the door is opened.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 March 2017 at 12:01am | IP Logged | 14  

Camelot on Legends of Tomorrow was based on Brian Bolland's CAMELOT 3000 mini-series, taking place in the future. 

I've been thinking about it, and maybe Prometheus is somehow impersonating Chase, totally unaware that Chase is Vigilante. Under that theory, almost every time we've seen Chase its actually been Chase, unless he's been maneuvering Oliver into doing something to harm his career (as Mayor and as Green Arrow). Covering up Malone's murder could have been either Prometheus (hurting both Oliver and Arrow when the truth came out), or Chase (trying to cover Arrow's ass).

What better way to manipulate Oliver than by posing as Chase, then turning Oliver against Chase when Prometheus reveals that he's Chase?

Of course, if Prometheus really is posing as Chase and Chase is Vigilante and finds out, then Prometheus is a dead man (or woman) walking. 

Suddenly I'm starting to wonder if Prometheus is going to turn out to be either Talia, or someone else trained by her......

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 March 2017 at 7:58am | IP Logged | 15  

So, ARROW had the gun-issue episode and this week's SUPERGIRL had immigration. The CW seems to be getting quite political in its superhero shows lately. 

Ed Love
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:46am | IP Logged | 16  

B. Floyd, they briefly go the future (which I think is the year 3000 as an inside joke) and that's where they find out the meh-JSA has been time scattered (sorta like what happened to the Seven Soldiers of Victory in the comics). But, the part with Camelot was all in the past. They have a running joke that history is closer to Ray Palmer's study of Arthurian myth than Steel's actual study of history. And Steel fears for Ray's life as one book on Camelot has depictions of the death of a knight that looks like Ray. Overall, a pretty bad episode for a show that sets a low bar to begin with.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:52am | IP Logged | 17  

SUPERGIRL has always been political. This week's episode, while
seemingly topical, was a logical extension of what was set up in the
season premiere.

While I understand why ARROW tried to give a "balanced" perspective
on gun control, I was nevertheless hoping that they were going to push
Ollie toward being the outspoken left-winger he is in the comics.

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2017 at 3:33am | IP Logged | 18  

Last night I had a nightmare about Arrow's latest episode. I'm surprised, I think it's the first time a TV show impacts me to the point of dreaming about it. I can't remember the dream, only that it had to do with Oliver in his cell with Chase.
It was probably because of Amell's performance. I remember thinking during the first season that although the series was good, he wasn't a very good actor. But boy, he's improved!

Emery Calame
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2017 at 2:03pm | IP Logged | 19  

Most of the acting on Arrow has been pretty much the standard daytime soap style stuff. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 10:16am | IP Logged | 20  

Stephen Amell confirmed Manu Bennett would be returning to the show as Deathstroke. However, Bennett didnít receive the same memo, as
heís debunked the announcement on his Twitter account.

Why would Amell mention it on social media AND tag Manu if it wasn't true? Somebody's messing around here...

-C!

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 12:00pm | IP Logged | 21  

However, Bennett didnít receive the same memo, as heís debunked the
announcement on his Twitter account.

------

If you read Bennett's tweets, it appears like he's the one messing
around.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 12 April 2017 at 12:16pm | IP Logged | 22  

There is a season two of the Shannara Chronicles coming, and he is a regular on it. And it films in New Zealand. So if he does show up again as Deathstroke, it probably won't be after that wraps up filming.

I'm all for him showing up as Deathstroke again. Especially since the last time the character popped up it was a nameless stunt man who didn't speak.

Now that Legends of Tomorrow is done, I'm wondering if Merlyn will pop up on Arrow again this season. Would be interesting to see him and Talia interact. 

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 07 May 2017 at 10:37pm | IP Logged | 23  

Just got to the ep with Oliver admitting that he likes killing people.  

I had to take a reset.  Stand back and contemplate for a moment.  

That's not any Oliver Queen I've ever known.  The closest was THE LONGBOW HUNTERS but, caveat, I haven't read what they done with him in a decade.  That said, it came off as all kinds of wrong. And dark.  And evil.  

I understand that Oliver is on a journey, but I really do tire of his journey coming at the expense of so much not the least of which is common, human decency.  That revelation shades the entire first two seasons and not for the good.  It's disheartening in a way that I didn't expect and, quite frankly, I don't like.  I know THE FLASH is supposed to be the "fun" WB/Berlanti series, but after five seasons I'd love Ollie to have a win (just one) that didn't come with life-altering consequences.  Can we end a season with the team together and not torn apart?  Can someone trust anyone in this universe considering that's such a major component of all the WB series?  Let them have a win for gods sake and you can still do a tease at the end teeing up the next season, but it doesn't always have to come at the expense of the main cast.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 May 2017 at 9:41pm | IP Logged | 24  

Matt, I was not a fan of that, either. 

I always took Oliver's willingness to kill as being either an unfortunate necessity or no other option situations in most cases. And he has even shown signs of regretting having to do so in several instances. There's never ever been any sign that he enjoyed doing it, except maybe in the case of Damien Daark. And that instance would be completely understandable, since Daark killed Laurel and almost destroyed the entire world.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 11 May 2017 at 11:04pm | IP Logged | 25  

Caught up.  Although I understand that it could be defended as Chase "getting in his head", I think that Oliver wouldn't admit to something like that if it didn't have a grain of truth.  So...I still hate it.

That said, some solid episodes leading up to the finale.  I still hold out hope that this season doesn't end in splitting up the team, Oliver going off on his own, another member hiding a big secret from someone they obviously should reveal or someone saying that the the people they hang out with the most don't really trust them.  This team, this series, needs a season win.  Clearly defined.  Celebrated for a summer.  But a win nonetheless.  Doesn't mean a cliffhanger can't portend drama ahead, just that they can affirm themselves as a unit after everything they've been through. No question marks as to if Team Arrow is still a team. I think they've earned it.

<< Prev Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version