The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 1:51am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Stephen Colbert nailed it:

QUOTE:
Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving, or as Sarah Huckabee Sanders would say, "Sarah Huckabee Sanders is not leaving."

Someone else who is definitely in my list of top 50 Trump Administration White House Spokespersons, Kellyanne Conway, is under fire. The Office of Special Counsel has found her to have violated the Hatch Act.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 5:45am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Guess Sarah Sander can now concentrate on her private life - eating children at midnight on Halloween.
Back to Top profile | search

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 8:27am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The statements about accepting information from a foreign power is wrong on so many levels. Are they testing you with false info? Testing with true? Currying favor for the future? There is so much wrong with trusting a foreign power over your own government that I don't understand how the gun toting, Stars and Stripes t-shirt shirt wearing patriots can make sense of it.

Now we have an oil tanker attack where the owner of the vessel is disputing the government account of the incident. Could this be the US attempting to justify a military action? Weapons of mass destruction, anyone?

***edit to correct "captain" to "owner"

Edited by Eric Ladd on 14 June 2019 at 8:33am

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 9:40am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

ITEM: Unless I'm misremembering, accepting information about another candidate from a foreign power is a violation of campaign election laws... so it should surprise no one that 45 is pulling it AGAIN. If it benefits Trump, he'll declare it legal, and then not a crime, and then that it's okay because everyone does it anyhow.

ITEM: Trump doesn't get away with saying "maybe" or a mistaken word here or there. He's POTUS; everything he says is official, even in non-official settings. It more and more seems that he only sees this as one great game with rules that can be bent. 

ITEM: I feel bad for Sarah Huckabee Sanders, at least a little bit. I've not seen anything in her attitude or personality that engenders sympathy... but for the tenure of her position, she has had to baldly lie, per what the president dictates, and then she has to defend his comments off the top of her head when he contradicts himself, and she's had to lie almost constantly. That can't be easy... it's a soul killer. I hope that she reverts to a decent human once she's shut of this torture chamber.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 12:25pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Eric, she made the conscious choice to take that position. She could have easily said “no” to the offer or even resigned at the first set of lies she was told to espouse. 

Fuck her. She deserves no sympathy for doing the job she agreed to do. 

Edited by Brian Miller on 14 June 2019 at 12:27pm

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 12:51pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I normally cut the press secretary a lot of slack, since it's their job description to toe the administration line.  The outsized demonization of so many is more due to the echo chamber aspect of the Washington press corps.  But Sanders... she seems to genuinely take pleasure in delivering the most awful stuff, so I don't find my normal sense of proportion and sympathy extending to include her.  She will 100% deserve to bear the stain of being the mouthpiece of this administration for the rest of her life.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 12:51pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Sanders is an awful press secretary, a LIAR & a "welfare recipient" of our tax $$ as she only worked about 30% compared to previous press secretaries.

Good riddance.

-C!

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 5:09pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Now, if only that moron Kellyanne Conway would resign next.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 June 2019 at 5:44pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Not gonna happen. Unless Melania gets tired of being the cuckquean. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 9:22pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

At least 25 women have detailed personal accounts of sexual assault by the Liar-in-Chief. PLUS we have heard the Access Hollywood tape!

Now this:

Apparently Trump has a type he'd rape.

C’mon, Ivana....now's your chance to set the record straight.

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 24 June 2019 at 9:22pm

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 June 2019 at 10:40pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Here's where they really need to get some cameras down to where migrant kids are being held, reports of things being really appalling in some places now. It seems like only a few things get 'discussed' ad absurdism on news shows hour after hour and not other things, but they need to come back to this story in a big way.

I think the Joe Biden critiques stopped being news a few days ago but they are still going with that today on what I saw flipping around, got to have as much of that as they go on about Trump's having a type he rapes or whatever that insane trash is to be 'balanced' or something. It's like the one (out of one) climate scientist who says there's no climate change getting the same amount of airtime as the one (out of ten thousand) scientist who says we're gonna be sorry. The Democrat makes a slight error of tone and you hear about that as many times as all 99 blatant and even illegal things a Republican does. Dukakis looked so goofy on that tank, Dean's rally whoop was inauthentic... well, that's it for them then! Total mega-priviledged conman molester backed by foreign enemies... oh, what a refreshing change!

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 24 June 2019 at 10:41pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 June 2019 at 12:59pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

The acting commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection says he’s stepping down amid outrage over his agency’s treatment of detained migrant children. (Sadly, he still has to live with his part in this.)

Trump can blame the Democrats, the media, President Obama, Mexico, and on and on. But the reality is, he's in charge.... this is his mess. "The buck stops here."

Get these poor children into a safe place; whatever it takes.

-C!

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version