Posted: 18 October 2017 at 1:40pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Apparently, his Chief of Staff was in the room when he
made the call. It will be interesting to see if Kelly
backs up Trump.
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2017 at 2:00pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Apparently, his Chief of Staff was in the room when he  made the call. It will be interesting to see if Kelly backs up Trump.

-----

If he didn't say anything about Trump politicizing his son's death, I don't think he'll say anything about this. I imagine that Trump's staff views him like this:

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2017 at 8:41pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

My late father was a veteran, and I can appreciate the non-repugnant sentiment Trump may have been inartfully expressing, namely that Sgt. La David Johnson's knowledge of the risks he faced underscored his heroism.

Unfortunately, Trump is devoid of empathy and sense, with no concept of courtesy or sacrificed, parroting words he'd been taught but could not comprehend. 

I'm amazed nobody in the White House thought it was worth writing Sgt. Johnson's name on an index card for Trump to refer to during his phone call. How fucking lazy and arrogant. And to keep the fight going.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 October 2017 at 9:17pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

He is a truly repugnant human being. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 3:48am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Brian M., I don't know if I can entirely agree with you or not.

He has no sense save sense of self. He has no compassion save compassion for his own endeavors and achievements. He has no armor, save for that provided by others (i.e., the apologists.) And he constantly reinforces these traits.

But I DO agree that the Moron-in-Chief is repugnant.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 9:11am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I feel like I'm living in a horribly directed B-movie entitled "The President's Brain is Missing".

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 11:59am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Nearly 48 hours later, has this guy provided any proof yet? Seems to talk about 'proof' a lot (on various issues), but never provides it. 

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 1:07pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Robbie P. - are you kidding? 50+ weeks later, has he provided his tax returns? Has he shown his plan for the wall? For defeating al-Qaeda? For a new, innovative health care plan?

Trump uses the word "proof" to END a discussion, not to further justify it. He says he has "proof" and then that's the end to the discussion as far as he cares. Bring it up again and he will not recall it. Try to prove it via recordings and he will claim it is fake news.

And any time now, he'll implement his own squad of "secret service" to shut up people who keep pushing on such matters. I know it. He'll accuse the Secret Service of being inadequate of protecting him, but he'll have the greatest security force in U.S. history. Just the best. Very good. And of course, they will have NO overwatch. Just wait... and tremble.

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 2:39pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

All I can say is:  Watch John Kelly's press conference from today, in full, if you can...

Honestly, it brought me to tears.  Regardless of any political party, or who he works for, Kelly was beautifully composed, articulate, and quite moving... and made me wish HE was the President of United States... 

...instead of the orange buffoon he works for.

Edited by Shaun Barry on 19 October 2017 at 2:40pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 3:42pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

John Kelly recalls that his own son was doing what "he wanted to do when he was killed" and that his son knew the risks. He says he was stunned and broken-hearten by the Congresswoman's remarks. Still, he never says that Trump DID NOT make the statement that she said he did -- that Sgt. Johnson knew the risks when he signed up.

Instead, Kelly seems to be minimizing what Trump was alleged to have said... by remarking that his own son knew the risks, he is making it seem unreasonable that a grieving widow should be offended by such a thoughtless remark. Lost respect for Kelly on THAT one.

As a son of a Marine, I'd like to say to Mr. Kelly one thing, "Trump should man up; let him carry his own water here."

-C!

Edited by Charles Valderrama on 19 October 2017 at 3:44pm
Back to Top profile | search | www

Jason Czeskleba
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 October 2017 at 5:20pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Here's an excerpt from Kelly's remarks:

"You know, when I was a kid growing up, a lot of things were sacred in our country. Women were sacred, looked upon with great honor. That’s obviously not the case anymore as we see from recent cases. Life — the dignity of life — is sacred. That’s gone. Religion, that seems to be gone as well.Gold Star families, I think that left in the convention over the summer."

Good Lord!  Does he not comprehend the gargantuan irony of defending Trump by bemoaning the fact that women and gold star families are not respected or considered "sacred" anymore? 

I suppose what he's trying to suggest is that Democrats are at fault for politically exploiting Khizr and Ghazala Khan.  Even if that's true, the fact that he's apparently willing to turn a blind eye to Trump's despicable (and extended over several days... it wasn't just one off-the-cuff remark) treatment of that family is the very height of hypocrisy.  When you're only willing to condemn actions when they are done by your political opponents, you lose any claim to moral authority.   

Edited by Jason Czeskleba on 19 October 2017 at 5:20pm

Wilson Mui
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 October 2017 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Kelly has gotten a free ride from the press for being a
General, but he is working in a political position now.
He is no longer completely unbiased in his remarks.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version