Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2017 at 8:01pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

It's only about the 50th time he's called her that.
Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 November 2017 at 9:36pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It’s the same as calling some black lady Aunt Jemima while speaking at a NAACP event. 

This man’s racist buffoonery knows no bounds. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 November 2017 at 12:26pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders called it “disappointing” that Schumer and Pelosi are refusing to meet with Trump. (The decision came a few hours after he signaled in an early-morning tweet that he is unlikely to bend to requests by Dems in talks over how much more money the federal government may spend in the coming years and on pressing concerns regarding immigration and health care.)

The president’s invitation to Democrats “still stands and he encourages them to put aside their pettiness," Sanders stated. (The irony is palpable!)

I applaud Chuck and Nancy - only way to deal with a bully is to call him out!

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 2:06pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

In my lifetime, the UK Prime Minister and US President have had cordial relations (if there have been tensions, I'm sure they were kept behind closed doors). 

This is the first time I can remember a UK Prime Minister having to disavow a US President's actions:

Is there *anyone* in the White House who can take his Twitter app from him? Jeez, every day brings something embarrassing. Forget relations between the UK and US, he's disgracing the Office of the President.

What on earth were Trump voters thinking? They knew what they would get by putting a narcissist in the White House.

Someone I know asked why it matters. If Trump was the bore sitting in a pub, and tweeting crap, who would care? But he's not. He's the leader of the world's superpower, what he says matters. Is that a guy anyone would want to do a trade deal with, for instance? 

Edited by Robbie Parry on 29 November 2017 at 2:08pm

Leigh DJ Hunt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 2:16pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It's pretty upsetting. A sitting MP (who happens to have been female with a young family and local to where my girlfriend lives) was murdered by someone who supported this 'party' just last year and now 45 retweets their Nazi videos. 

Is he saying he supports a party that actively propagates hate and whose ethos led to the murder of a political figure that was on the opposing side?

Mark Waldman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 4:02pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Everyday is a roller coaster - what will it take to have him removed from office? Just today he was retweeting racist videos that originated from a hate criminal (and proven to be fake), he also is bashing Matt Lauer and using the opportunity to discredit the news (who reported on Matt Lauer, as they have every other person accused recently), and he's of course backtracking on his previous admission he said those things we all heard on the Access Hollywood tapes, but doubling down on Obama being foreign born. Any one of these scandals would have toppled previous regimes, but not this fact free group of dickheads. Utterly amazing. 

Plus a tax plan that would add to the debt and ultimately only help the richest of the rich. Even those "struggling by" on several hundred thousand a year would end up paying more after the initial "break" passes. Got to get this idiot out and asap.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 4:07pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

It's been a wake-up call for me, showing just how shit democracy is as a system (no, that does not mean I endorse dictatorships). 

It cannot be right to have a system where this dickhead can be in power until 2020 without any opportunity to *legally* remove him. There's no break from his theatrics at all. 

Someone I know stated that he's holding the media to account. No, he isn't. He's acting like a dictator. Dislike a news item? Just call it fake news. I actually visited a fact-checking site and beyond any doubt, some of the things he has said have been 100% not true.

Shame on those who voted for him. They knew what they were getting. What is happening over there, and woes within the UK government, is, cynically, proving to me that democracy SUCKS! You know, I honestly, and this is only meant half-humorously, wonder whether there should be some sort of exam/license before you vote. 

In any system, why should the vote of a racist or immoral bastard be akin to the vote of someone like me, who, whilst not perfect, isn't racist and tries to live by certain values? 

Edited by Robbie Parry on 29 November 2017 at 4:08pm

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 4:16pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Robert Heinlein once wrote that a voting booth should have a quadratic equation in it, which must be solved correctly before you were allowed to vote. If you got it wrong, a bell would ring and a light would flash to signify you were an idiot and unfit to make decisions for your fellow voters. He was being facetious but you wonder if there should be some sort of test but then you get into the stuff the southern American states used to do. 

The Chinese government loves all of this. They claim that this validates their ideas about the dangers of Democracy and that any idiot can get elected. Since their leaders are groomed for decades, they claim they can govern better. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:08pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I don’t know if there should be a licence to vote, but maybe there should be a fitness test before you stand as a candidate.

Fart is now going back and forth over this series of tweets that he posted from Britain First.

For clarity, he thinks they were all attacks in the U.K. None of them were.

The first is from the Netherlands and the man involved was a Netherlands national who was arrested and put in Prison.
The second probably comes from Syria
The third is from Egypt

He even posted his reply to May initially quoting the wrong Twitter account - it wasn’t even her account he tagged.

He’s an idiot.

Don’t blame idiots for voting for him. Blame a system where the checks and balances totally failed and allowed an idiot to reach such a position. He should never have been a candidate.

The U.K. calls him out for posting videos that he claims come from the U.K. when they don’t. We call him out for posting videos from an organisation that is considered racist, one of whose supporters murdered an MP.

And his response is ‘Don’t concentrate on me, concentrate on your own country’????

Then why the hell did you talk about the U.K. in the first place you idiot?

He is the worst type of cliched villain. Except that he really has managed to gain the level of power those villains crave. That your elected officials cannot see how mentally unstable he actually is scares me to no end. They need to grow a spine and do whatever it takes to remove him from office. Regardless of the fact that this would play directly into his megalomaniac mind and the minds of the NRA and its supporters. Just get it done and make the world a better place before it is too late

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 29 November 2017 at 11:30pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

And just read that Fart’s spokeswomen says that it doesn’t matter if the videos are real, the threat is real.

For the love of .....

You have to asses the level of the threat and the scale of the risk. This is skittles in a bowl all over again but far far worse.

This is like saying ‘Look, those people can fly’ based on seeing a movie. It doesn’t matter if the video of them flying is real, there is a threat that someone might be able to.

Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh! Just stop. Please. Just stop

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 November 2017 at 3:30am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm concerned about the relations between the UK and US. Cotton-Candy Hair can never be wrong about anything, can he? 100% narcissism. 100% egomaniac. Zero humility. 

I'm sure other presidents had disagreements with our prime ministers, but they would no doubt have dealt with it in a mature fashion. 

I am really angry at him (like anyone) and have been for years. And it's not just me. A US follower on Twitter told me she hates checking the news every morning as she knows he'll have said something controversial. You know, the moment he mocked a disabled reporter, the Republican Party should have grown some balls and got him out. 

I'm angry at him and I'm angry at those who voted for him. 

Regarding exams before voting, of course I'm being facetious. I doubt I'd pass a test/exam before voting, but it's a fucked-up system. The racist bastard without any morality can have a vote that is equal to a decent, wholesome person. How is that right?

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 30 November 2017 at 4:28am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

From Anthony Zurcher, BBC News' North America reporter:

QUOTE:
It's clear at this point that Donald Trump won't let a perceived slight or criticism go unanswered - even if it's from a supposed friend. Even if it's from the leader of the president's closest international ally.

Source: LINK

That sums up 45 perfectly. No wonder the guy created a successful business empire. People obviously learnt to do NOTHING but praise him. When you surround yourself with that, your business will no doubt become a success.

He is the most thin-skinned individual I've ever come across. 

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version