Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 25 March 2020 at 7:53pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Eric,

NPR member station wisely bails on live coronavirus briefings

Back to Top profile | search

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 9:38am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I'm sure that in the article, they restrict that to Presidential briefings. In Ohio, Governor DeWine is speaking such sage information, and taking such incredibly smart action that there's a motion in the Ohio house to rename him Governor DeChampagne. New York's Governor Cuomo seems to be on the same path.

Greg McPhee
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The virus will kill thousands of Americans, and the biggest spreader of the virus now is the President of the United States.

A man who has nothing but contempt for others, arrogance, no empathy, a belief he is always right, an ego and no ability to admit you can be wrong.

That combined with a pandemic is courting a horrific disaster.

Carter, Reagan, Bush, Sr., Clinton, W, and Obama have been Presidents in my lifetime. I may not have agreed, disagreed, approved, disapproved or gone along with everything those men did, but none of those men, despite flaws, could match this arsehole sitting in the WH now.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 March 2020 at 12:05pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And now -- scarily -- a desire to militarise the border between US and Canada. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 March 2020 at 6:28pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I want them to be appreciative, Trump says of governors who are criticizing the federal response. Doctors & nurses begging for masks in the richest fucking country in the world. WTF???

What a nightmare we are in.... A (once) great country brought to its knees, its citizens dying... while the "king" demands appreciation. 

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 1:03am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I'll say it: fuck him.  Fuck him and everything he supposedly "stands for".  Governors and Mayors should not cow-tow to Trump just to protect his fragile ego.  He's an awful, terrible, frightenly dangerous human being yet he's considered the leader of the "free world".  What a fucking joke!

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 28 March 2020 at 2:04am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I started this thread almost four years ago.  That it's been "live" for that long is amazing in this time and place.  

I started it because of the shtishow I saw coming from Trump and it's only grown.  He's an awful, terrible, ineffective leader who is, at the same time, a man-child who wants to be acknowledged for things he doesn't do and hasn't controlled.  

I am embarrassed to the extreme to have to acknowledge that he's our president, but that's not the worst part.

Not by far.

I hate the people that voted for him.  "Hate" is such an extreme word until you realize the destruction Trump has wrought.   He's demonized people. He's divided us.  He's actively working to turn a nation upon itself.  He is, in short, a plague.  Trumpers will not see him as that, but he is. 

What's my answer?  Push back.  Always.  Don't fall victim to those that tell you to 'keep calm" or "it'll all work itself out in the end".  Fuck them.  Be vigilant.  And, as always, continue to hold yourself to the highest  standards.  Trump has failed that at every...single...turn.  Don't let him win where it counts.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 278
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version