Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:37am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Yeah, reveals should probably have been in inverted commas. I was just using it in the sense of 'announces', but 'claims' was probably the right word.
Back to Top profile | search

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:39am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I’m actually more focused on the media reporting, than anyone posting
it here. “Reveals” is irresponsible journalism and closer to “fake news”,
than what people generally point fingers at.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 May 2020 at 10:17am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I don't get into any group whipping itself on to further blamings, name-callings, imagining scenarios. How do you know you aren't doing what a particular us vs. them wants as it helps feed their cycle? Where do the brakes get applied or is this just a runaway mess from early on?

I guess though that fetuses and firearms must really be more important to some than all they are throwing out to get those dangled carrots they imagine can be theirs.

I don't see what that unmasking of the people who unmasked General Flynn's identity is meant to gain Trump and the Republicans. For one thing some of the unmasked unmaskers were Republicans, like Trump backer Chris Christie who warned him along with so many others like Obama not to hire Flynn (which Trump did pretty much proving that nothing was news to him about the Russian involvement). Mind you I didn't see what Novak blowing the cover of Valerie Plame did. The unmaskers of the Flynn unmaskers are doing this publicly for some reason I'm missing. They didn't even do it through a proxy like the Enquirer or breitbart. Could be they are just demented on their own conspiracy froth? I would think it would only show how a lot of people were actually doing their job... back when that was still possible.

There is a lot to be genuinely outraged about to be sure but after well over a decade plus of shrill and loud infotainment voices, having more of the same to oppose it doesn't seem to work... a lot of people will tune it all out and also probably not vote at all. Drumming up the apathy is something the creepiest have calculated upon... so a Democrat calling someone a name or blaring on about adding them to their ignore list is definitely a good way to help in that.

Yes, it's a long road back getting longer all the time, but I still think the only solution is what Michelle Obama stated in that when 'they' go low you go high. I've been busy simply getting some basic facts out to 'the enemy' potential where I can, hold the froth. Anything to put the brakes on and possibly make them look like the one frothing alone. Four more years is possibly enough to really be the end of something so many thought could not be broken. Sound the alarm in as adult and sober a tone as you can muster I say, it might get through to just enough, and it seems it has to be more than two million more. :^(
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:06am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

And now....

Trump tweeted he thinks he can hold up federal $$ for Nevada over its decision to conduct an all-mail ballot in the Nevada primary due to the coronavirus outbreak.

I read Trump has no clear authority to hold up federal funding for Nevada for this reason.

This clown is just self-destructing.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Fred J Chamberlain
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:42am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

He’s only self-destructing, if he is held accountable.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 20 May 2020 at 10:56am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Our potatoes need guarding, team.
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 May 2020 at 5:56pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Today, FINALLY....

They should've done it years ago.... but better late than never.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:31am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

With the predictable response from Trump.

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:47pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

One fact check link. One!

That's all it took to get him to threaten to shut them
down.

Bloody Hell. This is a dangerous game on both sides of
the fence.

On the one side you have the 'who decides what is truth,
or what requires a fact check?'

On the other, you have 'If you have no restrictions, you
have to allow anything' (which is I guess another
version of 'Everybody's opinion carries equal weight'
which leads to 'So Hitler's views had merit')

The thing is, Twitter didn't delete the Tweet, it just
pointed out that what he said was untrue.

His response is fascist. Many people (myself included
and a few others on this forum) have been saying that's
where he is going. Looks like he's managed to get there.

Brian Floyd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:08pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

There's also this, from a day or two ago:

If I remember right, someone on FOX News even called him out on this!

Now I'm kind of hoping that once he's out of office, he gets sued left and right for a lot of the stupid things like this. And is told he can go f**k himself if he tries to invoke Executive Privilge or some other crap to try and get out of it. 

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:53pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I'm in tears off and on for awhile now about George Floyd, and there are idiots whining about Trump being 'censored' by twitter? The ultimate victim of everything has to be Donald J. Trump... I mean the poor thing, don't you understand... he can't wear a mask because if he did his f-ing spray-on tan would be revealed for what it is before his adoring masses if it wiped off. Talk about suffering!

If there were any intelligence among the electorate at work, every single Republican that let this p.o.s. off the impeachment charges he so richly deserved would be permanently out of a job with no fat pensions. It's saying something when Mitt Romney is the best of the lot of them!

How the heck can there be anybody with righteous outrage for some godless librul Democrat strawman in the face of all this truly pathetic garbage made possible by the GOP? Oh, Hillary, she had a lust for power in her eyes... she was probably really ill (according to a doctored up photo on the Nation Enquirer front page during the election)... she deleted some emails with permission after they were found irrelevant and not connected to the two that were briefly classified as they were about her own phone calls (and then were no longer sensitive shortly after when the phone calls had been made). Oh, and that Obama, he just um, well, took stuff, yeah that's it, empty shelves, ooh, so typical... and Sleep Joe, what a loser, none of us cool kids with the spray-on tans who accomplished one thing in their life, being born (to parents with great genes of course)... he wants to turn the U.S. into a communist state (as opposed to organized crime from the ashes of a failed communist state)?

I can't stand to see or hear one more entertained, smiling and laughing, pontificator of any kind on tv. The failure to remove this obscene joke from office is the mark of a broken nation. People should be in tears and angry and making doubly sure they never support or feed this kind of sickening b.s. for generations after.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 27 May 2020 at 7:04pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 May 2020 at 11:58pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I’d say fascist, not communist Rebecca.

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version