Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 2:08pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

To the 50 U.S. Governors:

Do not fall into this trap. I'm sure with Trump's leading from behind, the  situation will go south at lightspeed and he'll take no responsibility.

Back to Top profile | search

Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 5:51pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It's a Trump Dictatorship now, folks.

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 6:17pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Living in China for so long, I have had many a talk with Chinese people. When the conversation inevitably turns to politics, I have often asked them why the Chinese people tolerate the government, when nobody likes them. The usual answer is that they stand the government because it promises stability and jobs and better quality of life. Since they have accomplished this for many people, the populace is content as long as they are left alone. As soon as the State fails to provide this, the people will not stand for it. I have discovered that the Chinese people by nature are friendly and quiet and don’t like confrontation but when aroused, they are completely fearless. The government knows this and is terrified of uprisings that they would not be able to contain. If they had stopped Communism back in the 1950s, China would be the dominant world power but now it will be very hard to get rid of the government. I hope the United States will do their best not to fall into a militaristic dictatorship but I have faith in the American people that they will not let this happen. 
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 6:30pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

It's like 1984 speak with Trump. Weakest guy ever = strongest guy ever. Least actual accomplishments = business genius. If people haven't learned to tune him out by now, especially the media, there may well be no hope. Whatever, whoever, is left that is a responsible adult must have had to work around the orange loon enough times by now, let him rant away and plain old fashioned ignore most all of it as probably illegal and/or immoral. If there a right not to sell a cake then surely one can claim moral principles against opening fire of fellow citizens.

I wonder how many people, including police and protesters are saying "great... again?"

A lot of the Trump supporters were fixated on access to firearms in case they had to overthrow a fascist regime... can't they look now at who they chose to put in? The whole open carry lie was meant for whites only too... black people get shot and killed for having a cell phone that looked to someone like a weapon, or in Florida anyway, they're all considered "armed with a sidewalk".

Bury my heart at Wounded Knee... 'twas ever thus. And Canada has it's own similar skeletons in the closet, our RCMP tazered some poor non-English speaking man from Poland to death at Vancouver airport, who was 'armed' with a stapler, and then lied about the details together. If not for cel phones with cameras we'd probably have never heard about it after one small mention in the newspaper.

We even found at least once that some of the black masked anarchists who would suddenly appear, do damage unmolested by police, and then disappear to be actual police officers.

Montabello, Quebec, 2007

Paul Manly reporting for the CBC

I videotaped three police officers with masks and rocks in hand attack their own riot squad in Montebello, Que. The video shows one masked officer hit a member of the riot squad in the face-mask and bang his rock into a shield, a clear incitement of violence and a provocation against the riot squad. These masked thugs (as Stephen Harper likes to refer to them) were unmasked and exposed and after four days Quebec provincial police had to admit they were indeed police officers "performing their duty."

His article on the 2010 Toronto G20 2010 Summit...

www.cbc.ca/news2/citizenbytes/2010/06/g20-protesters-police- and-civil-rights.html
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Neil Lindholm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 6:49pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Rebecca, I fixed your link

G20: Protesters, police, and civil rights

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 6:56pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thank you for that! :^)

I've seen a number of streets in the parts of Seattle near where I lived briefly on tv vandalized, but if you give in to hating large groups because of something like that where's the hope? Boren & Madison, Pike & 7th by the convention center and Meridian 16 cinema... and also seen people sweeping up and blasting the spray paint off. Seattle (Ballard and Tukwila) and most of it's business owners are taking a huge hit. The border is still going to be closed for awhile too. :^(

Best wishes for peace keepers and for non-violent protestors holding us all to account and shining a light like Kareem said!

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 01 June 2020 at 6:59pm
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 7:32pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I'm trying to stay hopeful & positive... but Trump's "photo-op" a few hours ago was... disturbing.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 7:43pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Yeah. Nothing like claiming to be an ally of peaceful protesters while
clearing peaceful protestors with tear gas so that you could have a
siren-seranaded photo op with a bible you did not know how to hold.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 8:04pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So why aren't trumpers terrified of government overreach and military
take over now?

Eric Smearman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 8:07pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Because Trumpers are actually fine with authoritarianism as
long as it's their guy in the Oval Office.

Robert Bradley
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 8:52pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Dolley Madison, 1814 - Stayed at the White House while the British Army was closing in to burn it down in order to save the portrait of George Washington.

Donald Trump, 2020 - Hid in the White House bunker with the lights off when there were protesters outside, and then told governors around the country that they need to get tough with protesters.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 01 June 2020 at 9:07pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Will this wake up the religious right?

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/01/politics/cnntv-
bishop-trump-photo-op/index.html

Edited by Brian Miller on 01 June 2020 at 9:08pm

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version