Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 10:35am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I honestly don't know, Fred. It was a pic I saw on another site.

I CAN say that I have heard people in my area express these exact sentiments, tho.

Back to Top profile | search

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 11:12am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Bye, bye Johnson Amendment. Hello churches endorsing political candidates openly.

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 12:41pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

He needs to do this because religious freedom is under threat.  Religious freedom is under threat because you may be banned from entering the country based on your religion.

What the US needs is an ayatollah-type character who can endorse a candidate and have the flock vote as one, thus ensuring the church and the state are brought closer together. This will protect religious freedom. Provided it is the right religion.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 12:49pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

religious freedom in the US = Christianity

If you're not Christian, get the fuck out.

Jean-Francois Joutel
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 4:00pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Supposedly, Donald Trump uses Propecia (or finasteride), a hair growth drug. Finasteride also has a well known side effect of mental confusion.

It's gonna be a loooong administration.

Sources:
NY TImes
Huffington Post

Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 5:04pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Kevin Hagerman wrote: "No wonder people don't vote if you don't give them anything to vote for."

So tragically idealistic. We had a candidate to vote for. She'd given this country years of dedicated public service and was vilified and smeared with unconscionable lies and baseless charges for more than 20 years, all of it amounting to exactly zero indictments. Absolutely nothing that could be taken into a courtroom and be taken seriously by anyone with an intelligence level above that of an Enquirer devotee. 

While the Democrats these days seem to want this world to be one of rainbow candidates and sunshine policies, filled with brightness and wonderment at every turn, none of these lazy, self-justifying lotus-eaters seem to be able to do the simple math required to understand the voting process in this country. 

If you voted third party; If you didn't vote; If you don't intend to vote because the whole sordid process is somehow beneath you or you want some hippy-happy wonderfulness to vote for and feel your vote is deserving of nothing less regardless of what that decision does to this country, you are an idiot and a coward.

Stop blaming the DNC. Yes, you didn't get the candidate you wanted. That's tragic, really. But throwing your vote away or not casting one at all out of spite or some decision to wrap yourself in some sort of dreamy, self-satisfied rainbow-colored happiness blanket, you are responsible for Trump's victory every bit as much anyone who did vote for the scum. 

Pointlessly casting blame? No. This country needs for every idiot who followed such a f*cking stupid, selfish course of action last time to wake up, take responsibility, and not do it again. 

Third parties are not morally viable choices. You as a voter do not have the luxury to "make a statement" when lives and the safety of this country are at stake. Mathematically, if you didn't vote for the only candidate who could beat Trump, you used your power to stop him for frivolous, selfish purposes that may as well have been endorsements for this new administration. Grow up. Face it. And vote AGAINST him and his minions and enablers next time. Vote effectively for a change. Not just for your sake but for everybody's.

Edited by Brian Hague on 02 February 2017 at 5:05pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 5:34pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

I wonder. If every person that voted for a third party candidate thought that Trump actually had a real and viable chance of winning, would they have still voted for that third party candidate?

Steven Myers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 7:16pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Hillary was not the choice of the people. Sanders outpolled her among the general voting populace, but the DNC made sure he didn't have a chance. Hillary was their candidate, not the candidate of the liberal/moderate voter. There was a great deal of enthusiasm behind Obama's elections, and he wasn't the DNC's choice, either.

To get the candidate we need, we need to break the stranglehold the 2 parties have on the election and get some real candidates of the people on the ballot.

Trump doesn't have a clue what he's doing, and he may destroy the Republican party before he's done, but he's already hurt the Dems.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 8:38pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

I don't know if you were trying or not but you didn't answer my question. 

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Hillary outpolled Trump among the voting populace. Didn't seem to work out for her. (Frankly, I think the biggest problem she had at the end was that everyone took her election as a given. Makes it harder to motivate the more tepid voters.)

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 8:43pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Brian Miller wrote:
If every person that voted for a third party candidate thought that Trump actually had a real and viable chance of winning, would they have still voted for that third party candidate?

Every person? No. Can't help you with percentages, though. There was a fair bit of "they're both equally bad" feeling out there. (I'm curious how many people still feel that way. Can't really see Hillary starting fights with Australia...)

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 February 2017 at 9:16pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

That mentally deficient Libertarian stoner Gary Johnson received a ridiculously high number of votes. From who?

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version