Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 85 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2018 at 3:02pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

I don't particularly like Hillary Clinton but I had some respect for her competence, and it's amazing there are fanatics still peddling this conspiracy stuff over her emails over a private server like so many others before her (and after, possibly Trump himself who won't give up his private service and gives the info out to close friends like Hannity at Fox or Putin) used. All there was were emails that 'could have' been intercepted that were only possibly qualifying for 'classified' status as they were about her setting a time for a phone call, and after the call could not longer be said to be sensitive at all. And they investigated her supposed nefarious involvement with Benghazi four times over and still call for yet another one to open ignoring that Republicans voted for cutting spending on embassy security just before that!

I really disliked Bill Clinton and criticized his policies at the time, but I'd even put up with him over these supposedly conservative people spewing record numbers of lies out while clutching a Bible hoping to confuse, scare or depress any opposition out of existence. Bill C's supposed immorality in having his dumb affairs is about equal to things Trump has been caught at and not as bad as what he's been recorded saying. Women, blacks and hispanics for Trump must be a very strange and isolated (from real information) breed indeed!
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 08 August 2018 at 3:11pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

"I see no daylight between FOX, Brietbart, Pravda and RT at this point."

I forget sometimes to include CBN News... the Christian Broadcasting Network run by Pat Robertson. Trump had his support 'early and strong'. I guess someone might knowingly expose themselves to known half-truth peddlers like this, and these guys mix it in with pleas for charitable donations to spead the word of God and that always comes with a mini-lecture on Trump's new favorite word 'receprosity'. In 700 Club speak, the law of receprosity means if you send them a hundred dollars the Lord will reward you by it coming back to you 'divinely' ten fold. This is probably what Trump thinks he's saying in his fight against 'unfair' trade deals... fair to him would be the U.S. gets ten where the other gets one (also the average person gets their services, road maintenance, school budgets etc. cut by at least a tenth to enrich the billionaire golf resort class through the biggest tax cuts for them on top of what Bush Jr. rewarded them with, while Trump spending on walls, police, lock-ups and bail outs).

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2018 at 5:50pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

He really needs to grow up:

I said something like that once. My excuse? I was about 5 and had LEGO astronauts to play with. 
Back to Top profile | search

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 August 2018 at 8:37pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Meanwhile, Trump proposed $3.7 billion in cuts to education, $17 billion in cuts to food stamps, and $6.6 billion in cuts to housing. *sigh*

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 8:36am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Meanwhile, Trump proposed $3.7 billion in cuts to education, $17 billion in cuts to food stamps, and $6.6 billion in cuts to housing. *sigh*

-C!

When you have unemployment at under 4%, and more job openings than unemployed, it may not be unheard of to be able to make cuts to certain safety net ,income based programs like welfare and food stamps. 

You also fail to mention that the $17B cut in food stamps was to be made up for with a new food program that he proposed. It's not taking away $17B in food. 

You conveniently leave out that the proposal also included a nearly $10B increase to HHS with additional monies going to combat opioid addiction and to programs for the working poor. 

......*sigh* is right....

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 8:40am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

At this point, I see almost everything 45 complains about, comments on, or has enthusiasm for, as merely smoke screen to cover up the fact that he is in big trouble, and is going to start using his office to fight for his career... unless he is stopped by impeachment (unlikely) or remove due to physical or mental incompetence (more likely.)

His obstruction of justice seems to be rarely touched on... everyone wants to find about the collusion. Oh, Mr. Buchanan? That evidence that you're looking for is being presented by Robert Mueller and his team. Paul Manafort is currently on trial, but everything is coming out in the aftermath... slowly, properly, and legally so that there aren't really any loopholes. "Prove it now or it didn't happen!" is not much of a way to run a prosecution... even if there is a smoking gun.

I think that Trump is desperate to misdirect the public's attention away from his violations... which makes him only a slightly better magician than president.

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 9:13am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

His obstruction of justice seems to be rarely touched on... everyone wants to find about the collusion. Oh, Mr. Buchanan? That evidence that you're looking for is being presented by Robert Mueller and his team. Paul Manafort is currently on trial, but everything is coming out in the aftermath... slowly, properly, and legally so that there aren't really any loopholes. "Prove it now or it didn't happen!" is not much of a way to run a prosecution... even if there is a smoking gun.

Ah yes, the elusive "smoking gun" we continue to wait for (and some dream for). We don't know what it is yet, and have yet to see any evidence of it, but Trump MUST be guilty. LOL. 

Manafort is on trial for a tax fraud case from well over a decade before he worked with Trump. How convenient that he should be prosecuted now. And of course Manafort, who is facing the rest of his life behind bars would obviously cover up for a man he worked for for 3 months and not take a deal to uncover this great collusion and save himself from a potential life behind bars. And why has General Flynn's sentencing been postponed numerous times? Couldn't be an issue there now could there? No, nothing to see here. Strozk, Page, McCabe, Comey and the rest of the Justice Dept. all acted heroically and without any bias didn't they. They would never have leaked anything. They never did before did they? Well, maybe just a few times....

Maybe it's best to be shown some evidence before drawing your absolute conclusions and thinking you have it all figured out. You don't have to "prove it NOW". But you have to prove something! That's how you run a prosecution.That's kind of how things work. 

Edited by Paul Buchanan on 10 August 2018 at 9:15am

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 August 2018 at 11:57am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

So you associated "smoking gun" - which I referred to as possible (e.g., say a secret meeting between Trump and Putin, or Trump asking Putin to interfere with an election by, say, asking Russia provide some emails) is something you take as concrete, and say that I'm demanding Trump be guilty now? Heck of a leap, but you're the one who's landing.

"Maybe it's best to be shown some evidence before drawing your absolute conclusions" - well, surely. That's what Mueller's doing now. With one of several people who are involved with a number of crimes. I can't prove it because I don't have this evidence, nor the authority to find and obtain it, or I'd gladly contribute to accusations against Trump*. But Mr. Mueller does. That's how you run a prosecution.

*Or against Obama, Bushes, Clinton, Ford, etc. That the President of the United States should be involved in any of this filth is monstrous, and I wouldn't hesitate to demand that ANY POTUS step down if proved to be guilty.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 12:02pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

So I guess the Space Force will be the first branch of the Armed Services that will also officially be a Nazi Force. 

James Johnson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:03pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

So the person occupying the White House has called a woman a dog.

Let this sink in for a moment......

No matter what your opinion of Omarosa is, the fact that tRump called her a dog is very disrespectful. 

Where is the backlash? If a lightskinned black person that was president had said this, there would have been calls by the GOP to have him dragged up-and-down Pennsylvania Avenue.

Edited by James Johnson on 14 August 2018 at 5:05pm

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:08pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Not to mention the WH cannot guarantee Trump never said the N-word on those tapes. 

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:29pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Omarosa seems to have served her purpose as a sort of Judas to fool women and black people into thinking her boss was a human being of some kind. Too late to take that back.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 14 August 2018 at 5:29pm

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:39pm | IP Logged | 13 post reply

Omarosa did not a fool a single Black person into voting for or supporting Trump. And we're not fooled by her supposed repentance now.  She thought if she was good House Negro then Massa would treat her better than the rest of us, but found out otherwise. Tough shit for her.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:31pm | IP Logged | 14 post reply

😳

Paul Buchanan
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 8:10am | IP Logged | 15 post reply

So Trump hits 31% favorability with African Americans in the latest Rasmussen poll, and suddenly these elusive and mysterious tapes become a big story. How convenient.......now who predicted that a couple weeks ago? 
 But without any evidence, once again Trump is asked to prove a negative. No evidence, but it must have happened. Omarosa told me it did......Keep on chasing the rabbits.

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 9:22am | IP Logged | 16 post reply

What "suddenly?" A former well-known Trump... advisor? (no one seemed to know what she actually DID in the White House) writes a tell-all and, as part of hawking her book, makes claims that a previously rumored tape really does exist. Her old job and the book gets her on the appropriate shows and her treating the tape as one of the "big reveals" means the question is going to come up. Given her notoriety, the Media certainly wouldn't ignore her book, so is the idea that her publisher was withholding publication until Trump's support among minorities was higher than it had been?      

That said, most articles I've seen about it have pointed out that Omarosa hasn't been doing a great job of keeping her story straight, though. She can't seem to be consistent on whether she's heard the tape, merely heard OF the tape, knows who has a copy, doesn't know who would have one, etc. Bit of a credibility problem there.

Vinny Valenti
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 9:38am | IP Logged | 17 post reply

Even if everything she said turns out to be a bold-faced lie, there's still the fact that Trump has repeatedly aligned himself with shady individuals, and there is no disputing that. Doesn't that say something about him?

Jabari Lamar
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 11:17am | IP Logged | 18 post reply

Thomas Woods
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 11:59am | IP Logged | 19 post reply

Even if everything she said turns out to be a bold-faced
lie, there's still the fact that Trump has repeatedly
aligned himself with shady individuals, and there is no
disputing that. Doesn't that say something about him?

---

You are describing just about every politician ever.
They are all corrupt. The thing they can't stand is that
Trump is using their own ways against them and winning.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2018 at 12:37am | IP Logged | 20 post reply

Omarosa’s tape of Trump advisors trying to strategize how to handle the recording of Trump saying ‘nigger’ is pretty entertaining.

Sarah Huckleberry Sanders inability to assure the press that the President dosen’t say ‘nigger’ is equally entertaining.   

Donald Trump probably says ‘nigger’ more often than any rapper ever has.  

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 August 2018 at 4:26am | IP Logged | 21 post reply

But not in the nice way rappers do. 

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2018 at 1:47pm | IP Logged | 22 post reply

And now the Federal Judge presiding over the Manafort trial is saying he’s been threatened and has to travel everywhere with US Marshals 

Mark Haslett
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2018 at 7:23pm | IP Logged | 23 post reply

We had weeks of Occupy Wall Street just a short while ago. Provoked by little more than a general sense of injustice in the economy.

Now we can't really get it up to cause actual civil disobedience for the sake of putting an actual flat-out racist President on his ass in the street where he belongs, or to put 3000 actual children back with their parents or protecting the sanctity of our actual votes from the Russians or federal support for dying public schools.

This will turn out well for the shining city on the hill.

Edited by Mark Haslett on 17 August 2018 at 7:24pm

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2018 at 9:49pm | IP Logged | 24 post reply

You are describing just about every politician ever. 
They are all corrupt. The thing they can't stand is that 
Trump is using their own ways against them and winning.

Unfortunately, its much more than THAT... Trump and his GOP stooges want to destroy our democracy...the WHOLE WORLD sees it... but you can't see beyond his "winning".

-C!

William Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 August 2018 at 10:42pm | IP Logged | 25 post reply

I knew I should have stayed away from this thread. 

——————-
So Trump hits 31% favorability with African Americans in the latest Rasmussen poll, and suddenly these elusive and mysterious tapes become a big story. How convenient.......now who predicted that a couple weeks ago? 
—————-
I find it interesting you mention a poll about how favorable Donald is. Didn't all of these polls say that Hilary would win? Polls mean nothing if the right question are not asked.
——————
 But without any evidence, once again Trump is asked to prove a negative. No evidence, but it must have happened. Omarosa told me it did......Keep on chasing the rabbits.
——————-
I really do try to be open mined but I really don’t get what you say here. Who is asking Donald to prove anything? 

He is being asked questions about what was said by someone he put in a high level position of the government.

Also, why say something condencending like chasing rabbits when it seems like you are trying to make a point? Why end your post with sarcasm instead of trying to make your view point more clear? 

<< Prev Page of 85 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version