Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 444 Next >>
Topic: Acting Presidential Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 October 2017 at 8:00am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Oh, I don't like 24/7 media. Or the way they overanalyze everything. I dislike that a royal birth here in the UK means BBC 'journalists' standing around for hours asking the same questions. Nor do I like it when US networks focus on a tragedy for hours. Or when 'journalists' ask a survivor, "So how did you feel when shots were fired?" How do you think the person felt?

I prefer the days when you had a short 30-second bulletin on the radio every hour and the only time you saw news was twice a day (half an hour apiece). 24/7 news is toxic - and leads to a lot that is manufactured. 

But that doesn't change the fact that there's a serious character flaw in a guy who can't take ownership of a typo - and thinks people are stupid enough to accept his explanation of, "It meant something, good luck to those who think they know what it means." I knew his ego was big, but I didn't realize it was big enough to avoid taking responsibility for a typo.

Had he simply acknowledged it was a typo, that'd have been fine. The media aside, he should have done that. But he can't be trusted. Those who will lie about small/frivolous things will feel the need to lie about bigger things.
Back to Top profile | search

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:25am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I certainly care that the President is making a typo. Because it means he's making statements totally off the cuff. No one else is vetting his statements. The words of the POTUS, any POTUS, matters, and they should be carefully considered, not treated like a drunken Facebook post that you regret five seconds after you clicked to post.

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 02 October 2017 at 9:35am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

You do have a point.

The problem is, if you look at his accounts, the official POTUS one is rather, well, presidential. So I suspect someone is vetting him. Sadly, it's the personal account from which he spews his lies and crap. And unfortunately, no-one can vet that account.

I suspect more than one person can access an official account (any world leader, ambassador, etc), but a personal account, unless you're stupid, is only for you to use.

I just wish he'd resign, citing boredom. 

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 11:15am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

“I hate to tell you, Puerto Rico, but you’ve thrown our budget a little out of whack.” - Donald Trump 

I don't remember any complaints about "budgets" in Texas or Florida. Don't remember any hesitation suspending the Jones Act in Texas or Florida, to get aid delivered more quickly.

Extremely uncalled for.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 11:47am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

It's sickening, isn't it? I wish there could be just one fucking day where he doesn't say something offensive. No, I'm not following him on Twitter, but I usually hear about what he has said. I can't "un-hear" or "unsee" what has been said.

How much longer is this shitshow going to go on?

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 12:06pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Did Mayor Cruz greet him or did he avoid her completely?

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 12:34pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

In a statement released, the Mayor stated that she accepted an invitation to attend a briefing with Trump "on behalf of the people of San Juan and out of respect for the American people represented by the office of the President of the United States."

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 4:09pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

How about when he thanks the Coast Guard and then the service member standing next to him says “ sir, I’m representing the US Air Force.” 

This fucking eggplant is making W look like a goddamn genius level intellect. 

Brian O'Neill
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 03 October 2017 at 5:45pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Yeah, everybody who 'misunderestimated' W's intelligence had no idea what was coming. Having a Texas drawl and pushing an unpopular war don't make anybody 'retarded', at least not compared to Trump's mindlessness.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 October 2017 at 4:54am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

There is video of Mayor Cruz shaking hands with Trump and she apologizes saying something to the effect of "....This is not political..."

And he stares at her blankly, nods his head and walks away.

Either he
A) Didn't recognize her

B) Didn't care to acknowledge her

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 October 2017 at 4:56am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

C) all of the above

Dave Jasinski
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 04 October 2017 at 6:32am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

How much longer before this idiot gets us into a war with a poorly timed Twitter rant or rash decision? It's amazing to me that Rex Tillerson is still sticking around after Trump publicly cut him off at the knees last weekend and told the entire world that he was "wasting his time trying to negotiate with North Korea"!! So, with a tweet, Trump has effectively rendered the Secretary of State powerless. Imagine traveling halfway around the world, working hard to negotiate and calm down tensions and then see your boss tweet on Sunday morning from a golf course that you are wasting your time! I imagine he's out in a few weeks. 

I read in an article about North Korea and one of the policy experts they interviewed had said that if Trump were president during the Cuban missile crisis, we'd all be dead by now. No doubt. 

I hope he resigns or is impeached because a full four years of this is too much. We all found out what happens when you elect a clinically narcissistic reality-TV dope  with a Twitter addiction to be president and it's not pretty!

Edited by Dave Jasinski on 04 October 2017 at 6:38am

<< Prev Page of 444 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version