Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 December 2016 at 12:26pm | IP Logged | 1  

Goddammit. Fuck cancer.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 December 2016 at 3:24pm | IP Logged | 2  

Well, she's home now and awaiting time to begin her treatments. Dad visited her Friday and seemed to be in good spirits. They typically come over to my parents' house on Christmas and celebrate with us. I really hope she feels up to it.

In other news, we found out my Grandmother has breast cancer. Without knowing all the details, she actually saw a lump protruding from one of her breasts. Went and had it checked out and biopsied and it is cancer. She was meeting her doctor today. Up to this point, she doesn't know. I'm not surwhat, exactly, the doctor will tell her. She's 98, so I would assume that would remove the possibility of surgery. I don't know if they would attempt just a lumpectomy. I just don't know.

As I said, she's 98. She's lived a good life and her mind is still as sharp as ever. But it still rocks me to my core to realize she will probably be gone sooner than later, now. We all really wanted her to make it to 100, especially all the younger great-grandkids, and now it seems that possibility has been pulled from us. Other than COPD from smoking for dozens of years, she's had no other health isses. At all. Now this comes.

dammit

Back to Top profile | search

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version