The IMDb has a gallery of fifty images from WONDER WOMAN, and for the first time I grow genuinely concerned. Points:
|Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:56am | IP Logged | 9
• I thought it was a good idea to transplant Diana to WWI, to get her out of Captain America's shadow, but now I see they have apparently given her her own "Howling Commandos" team, which brings the shadow right back.
• I have already noted that Connie Nielson is too old to be Hippolyta. (As good as she looks for her age, I have said many times that no one on that island should look a day over 25.) Now I see she is sporting some kind of bird emblem on her Amazon armor. Is Diana's fighting garb not longer meant to look American?
• Several shots give us Robin Wright looking almost like she stepped off the page as Artemis -- only she is playing "General Antiope". and a Black actor is playing the tall, slender, pale skinned redhead.
And from the trailers:
• Lucy Davis looks like Etta Candy, but I fear her English accent will get in the way.
• Several splashes of "humor" worry me. I don't want the movie to be a dirge, but neither do I want there to be echoes of Adam West as Hollywood again tries to have it both ways.