This looks like it just might be the worst comic book adaption ever.
|Posted: 27 September 2018 at 7:04pm | IP Logged | 12
1. Ignore almost completely the original story.
2. Make Xavier the bad guy (corresponding to the last 20 years of storyline as opposed to anything actually good).
3. Make Magneto the good guy (corresponding to the last 30 years of storyline as opposed to the first 30 years).
4. Focus on Beast ?!?
5. Continue to make Scott irrelevant or minor (at least it doesn't appear they have completely corrupted him as in the last 15 years of comics).
6. Throw the Shi'ar in probably without any logial reason (but because the Guardians of the Galaxy movies made buckets more of money).
I made myself see X-Men: Apocalypse even though I detest the Apocalypse character.
I feel as if I now have the strength of will to resist seeing an X-Men movie. From going from my favorite book of all-time (circa 1980) I can now cure myself of having any expectations.
Similar to how The Last Jedi cured my innate need for Star Wars, this trailer has finally severed my last expectation of ever having a faithful X-Men movie.
That all being said, I really really hope Marvel finds a way to publish the awesome Elsewhere book John Byrne just did.
THAT looks fantastic.