Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Disney/21st Century Fox Deal Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 December 2017 at 10:32pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

... Whereas Captain America and the Wasp are in the thick of the fight. Y'know, I don't think much of the Earth's chances if it all comes down to the two of them either, but at least they're doing something. Think small-time, you'll be small-time.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:29am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Im wondering how mutants are going to be introduced/ explained in the MCU since the Inhumans have been set up to be the mutants of the MCU. 
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Beam Me Up, Scotty!

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

... Whereas Captain America and the Wasp are in the thick of the fight. Y'know, I don't think much of the Earth's chances if it all comes down to the two of them either, but at least they're doing something. Think small-time, you'll be small-time.

Tell me, if you were at a football game watching two highly trained teams going at it full force, would you rush out onto the field to help them?

The heroes involved in the fight with Galactus -- including Captain America and the Wasp -- had prior experience with cosmic menaces, as well as fighting in groups. Spider-Man and Daredevil did not.

It's all about context.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 9:23am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Superbly explained, Mr. Byrne. It was not Captain America and the Wasp in the thick of that fight... it was THE AVENGERS.

In addition... Captain America because Captain America. There's a reason he leads the Avengers instead of Thor... power isn't everything.

And I wouldn't have been half surprised if Cap had been aware that Spider-Man and Daredevil were present, and would have called on them if necessary.

Brian Hague
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 December 2017 at 4:39pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm willing to go with that on the basis that stories that do not set well within a character's general tone should be ignored, but Spidey had fought alongside the Avengers and the Thing against Thanos and Daredevil had gone up against the Grandmaster with the Defenders to name but two examples. Spidey would later go on to beat down Firelord in a head-to-head match, so his contribution would not be inconsiderable in a match against a weakened Galactus.

What was done was within your rights as the author of the tale, but I was left then as I am now asking the characters, "Seriously, guys?"

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version