Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
Star Wars
Byrne Robotics > Star Wars << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Solo Post ReplyPost New Topic
Shaun Barry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 March 2018 at 6:10pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Oddly enough, the trailers almost make this look like a Marvel Comics' STAR WARS flashback story, as drawn by Carmine Infantino, come to life!

Back to Top profile | search
Patrick Mallon
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 March 2018 at 1:33pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Not that I'm optimistic, mind you, but general audiences pretty much just want a good ride on the roller coaster, fan agendas be damned.

STAR WARS out of the gate in 1977 was HUGE...I was only 10 years old at the time and my memories may be tainted due the passage of time, but there has't been anything since that has captured the General Audience the way STAR WARS did back in 1977...

By 1987, STAR WARS was pretty much abandoned by the General new movies, the Marvel Comic was cancelled, the Ewok movies and cartoons were aimed at children...

In my opinion, Lucas missed a huge opportunity to keep the franchise alive at that point. STAR TREK had the DC comic, the film franchise, the Pocket Book novels, models...really the only thing missing was a decent toy line...

In the late 80's, it was the hard-core STAR WARS fans keeping the flame alive with the West End Games...Archie Goodwin was trying to get DARK EMPIRE published at Marvel's Epic line, which then died on the vine once Goodwin went to DC...

As a hard-core SW fan, I can see how other hard-core fans where disappointed by the prequel trilogy and the sequel trilogy, as well as a lot of other stuff...

Unfortunately, what the hard-care fan cares about, the General Audience doesn't. 

There is more money in the General Audience's hand than the hard-core fan's...and Disney knows that...
Back to Top profile | search

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version