Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 9
Topic: What’s your favorite John Byrne panel? (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2018 at 8:57pm | IP Logged | 1  

I'm sorry I can't reciprocate, Will.

Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Peter Martin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 26 April 2018 at 9:32pm | IP Logged | 2  

This was a fun thread, started by a long-time lurker who decided to come and join the party.

It's fun because it's like a game. Games have rules and the rule of this game was your one favourite panel. Quite a few people have tried to get their way around that one way or another. The guy who started the thread — someone who made their first post just last month — has now been cut down to size by some harsh snark for having the temerity of trying to remind us about the simple rule that the whole thread was started with, and making the mistake of spotting an image and not realising it was in direct response to the post before it.

I think the level of snark was uncalled for, Brian. And of course it led to more snark sent right back at you.

A simple explanation that it wasn't a favourite panel but an answer to the immediately preceding post would have sufficed — and would have been just that bit more genial.

I think you write intelligent comments, Brian, and I like to read what you write most of the time, but I hope you can see that no-one would respond favourably faced with that kind of biting sarcasm.

Edited to correct a typo.

Edited by Peter Martin on 26 April 2018 at 9:33pm
Back to Top profile | search

William Ferguson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 27 April 2018 at 7:21am | IP Logged | 3  

It is all good. This is my first time really interacting online. My response was a quote from Fletch. There is a part where Fletch is getting put in his place and he didn’t know how to respond. So he said, “God I admire you.”

Edited by William Ferguson on 27 April 2018 at 7:23am
Back to Top profile | search

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

<< Prev Page of 9
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version