Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:24am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Reports of an attack at a high school in Texas: LINK
Back to Top profile | search

Ed Aycock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

It's never going to end, is it?

No prayers.  No thoughts.  They do nothing.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 10:19am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

"My administration is determined to do everything in our power to protect our students, secure our schools, and to keep weapons out of the hands of those who pose a threat to themselves, and to others." - Trump

Does he think ANYONE believes him on this issue???

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:30pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

The price of true 'freedom'? Again, what of the freedom to not have to bear arms?

Robbie Parry
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:35pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Some musician I'd never heard of claims it was too soon to talk about gun control.

Oh, fuck off. There'll never be a good time. In fact, there will be. The time is NOW. I saw a heartbreaking video of a young girl telling the reporter she wasn't surprised and that such things are expected (or words to that effect).

Any politician who offers 'thoughts and prayers' needs to be told to GET LOST by the parents. Action is needed, not words.

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 1:44pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

... too soon to talk about gun control.
--

People who say this need to be asked how many more have to die before it's time. 

I live in a country with gun control. This is our total number of school shootings:

James Woodcock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:13pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

The problem with ‘too soon to talk about gun control’ is that there are so many shootings it will always be too soon to talk about gun control. 

& as for the whole ‘if people were armed they could stop a shooter quicker’ crap - you know what would stop a shooter quicker? Not letting them get a gun in the first place. 

& then that Fart of a dick has the gall to talk about the number of stabbings in London. Sod off & sort your own backyard out you wanker. Protect your kids
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Lee Mayor
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:47pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

It’s a basic human emotion to want to protect children....what the f@ck is going on America? It’s absolute madness!

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 2:57pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Meanwhile, Trump pushes harder against abortion rights.

Save the unborn! Those born can go fuck themselves.

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:28pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

According to one of the Texas Republicans the solution is obvious: fewer entrances and exits. What the...?

Ted Cruz spoke of lifting the people of Santa Fe up in your thoughts rather than prayers, maybe that counts as some sort of progress? But... these things only happen, are invited in fact, in those 'librul' states where there are weapons restrictions! Oh yeah, and in France where they are 'sitting ducks' according to the U.S. President.

Michael Sommerville
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:41pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Why are mass shootings such a problem in the US. It has to be more than access to guns. Most guns used in mass shootings there, are legal in Canada but with registration and restrictions on magazine capacity  We have the same basic cultural influences and our similarities are greater than our differences. From what I have read the US has about 3 times as many guns but 20 times more mass shootings per capita. 

If what I read is true, this shooting will be a harder one, for gun control advocates, with public opinion due to the weapons used. It seems a large majority of Americans do not support hand gun bans and no one is taking away shotguns.

I am no gun advocate, personally I am more ban than protect. I know less people would be killed in these situations with gun restrictions but  disturbed people will find a way. Sadly, to curtail these acts of violence people need too look past the act. Society needs understand the causes and situations that lead to the point where these people take that first life so the chain of events can be broken.

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2018 at 3:45pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

I find that I just can't keep banging my heart against some mad bugger's wall. Every one of these stories comes up, and I die a little more inside.

I would not ignore these, I would not have them brushed aside, and I surely would not insult them by offering thoughts and prayers.

But I can't do anything about it, save for witness. I don't even want to wish gun violence against the leaders and shakers in government and the NRA. It wouldn't teach anyone anything.

A revolution? Are enough people angry enough to raise their voices and find a leader who would organize a force to counter the state of our country? Because that BETTER include the military, or it's over before it's begun... and that's not any solution either.

Page of 4 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version