Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 291 Next >>
Topic: Pencil Practice -- and Beyond! (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 5:56pm | IP Logged | 1  

JB do story ideas come really easy for you? I am amazed that you are up to issue five already. Plus I love Mr. O"Grady's work! Would be AWESOME to see him do the series if it happens.
Back to Top profile | search

Richard Palmgren
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 6:52pm | IP Logged | 2  

Thanks so much for the info on Cyke's visor; any chance of SEEING what it would look like?  And if the "couple of books" were to be Elsewhen and a return to Hidden Years, it would be fantastic to see how the "remaining" issues of Hidden Years played out.  (I used to get a kick out of trying to find the "original numbering" hidden in your covers)

Charles Nelson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 8:41pm | IP Logged | 3  

While I certainly have my personal preference on how this book might be colored, I would buy 2 copies a month if it were colored by Crayon.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 9:47pm | IP Logged | 4  

Why the fuck would you say something like that?

Steve Gumm
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 August 2018 at 10:05pm | IP Logged | 5  

Brian I think you are reading the meaning of Charles post wrong, I think he is complimenting Byrne by saying he digs JB’s art so much that it’s greatness will show though regardless of the talent level of any chosen colorist.. that’s how I read it.

Edited by Steve Gumm on 14 August 2018 at 10:07pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Charles Nelson
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 6:58am | IP Logged | 6  

Yes, Steve. That is exactly what I meant. Thanks.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 8:08am | IP Logged | 7  

JB do story ideas come really easy for you? I am amazed that you are up to issue five already.

•••

Yes and no. It's very organic. Mostly the ideas just flow, especially when working in an established "universe".

On a few occasions, tho, I have found myself starting an issue with NO idea what was going to be in the next one!

Dale E Ingram
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 10:06am | IP Logged | 8  

That's awesome that you're in contact with CB Cebulski. He seems like he is trying to make a positive impact on Marvel.

As much as I would love seeing this project come to pass or another Hidden Years series, I think you have a lot more to offer than being He Who Lives in the X-Men's Past. 

I would really be interested in seeing what you could do in the X-Men's present. If you could find a spot in that universe that interests you, man that would be something to see a mini series or a regular series where you're contributing to the "now". 

Michael Gummelt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 10:28am | IP Logged | 9  

"that might be difficult for entrenched Marvel fans to deal with here is the increasing divergence from the established timeline"

I have to admit, Claremont totally lost me with his X-Men Forever series.  He made so many drastic changes so quickly to the team that it just didn't feel like the X-Men to me anymore.  Killing Wolverine and replacing him with Sabretooth.  Giving Kitty his claws.  De-aging Storm, etc.

I suspect (but have no proof of this) that writers get bored of their characters and feel the need to constantly change them or mess with them rather than keeping them fresh by finding new situations to put them in...?

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 12:24pm | IP Logged | 10  

I think Chris went a little nutz with the "I can do anything" aspect of FOREVER. One of the things I would find an exciting challenge about ELSEWHEN is keeping the characters on track in the established "universe" around them.

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 12:38pm | IP Logged | 11  

I would really be interested in seeing what you could do in the X-Men's present. If you could find a spot in that universe that interests you, man that would be something to see a mini series or a regular series where you're contributing to the "now".

••

Suddenly I feel like a voice crying in the wilderness. Have I not made it clear that the present state of the Marvel "universe" holds no interest for me?

Michael Gummelt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 August 2018 at 12:40pm | IP Logged | 12  

"One of the things I would find an exciting challenge about ELSEWHEN is keeping the characters on track in the established "universe" around them."

Hear hear!

<< Prev Page of 291 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version