Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 3
Topic: Flash S5 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 March 2019 at 12:24pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

As a tangent, both Batman and Supergirl have been mentioned in Black Lightning. But those references have been vague enough that they might be real, or they might be fictional characters.
Back to Top profile | search

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2019 at 8:24am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Spoiler Warning, if anyone else is watching and hasn't yet caught up to the finale.

The usual season end reshuffling, with Nora out and Cisco likely moving to visiting player next season.  I'm definitely not anticipating the Crisis storyline with the same enthusiasm I had when it was first teased all the way back in season one - but it's mostly because the crossovers seem to really fall down in the scale department, and if there was ever an adaptation that should be all about scale, it's Crisis on Infinite Earths (emphasis here on "Infinite").

I guess I'm still on board, but it's appointment television in the other sense of the word: something you feel obligated to show up for, but don't really have any personal investment in.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2019 at 2:36pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Big fan of Nora and Jessica Parker Kennedy. Hope Nora gets restored to the timeline after the Crisis crossover. 

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 May 2019 at 4:00pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Nora seemed to have brought most of the energy to the show this season. Ralph also in a limited role.

Glad Sherloque is done, the accent was killing me! Interested to see his next version.

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 12:20am | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Dave Kopperman wrote:
it's appointment television in the other sense of the word: something you feel obligated to show up for, but don't really have any personal investment in.

Exactly why I dropped all the CW series a couple of seasons ago.  Felt more like homework I needed to do than enjoyable recreation with which I was excited to participate. A chore, in other words, and one I wasn't all that excited about doing.

Brian Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 5:20am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Thatís why we dropped all these shows. Just didnít care anymore. 

Dave Kopperman
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 7:20am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Matt/Brian: I should say that as much as the Flash and most other DCCW shows have been an increasing drag, Legends of Tomorrow has become one of my favorite, gotta see it shows.  Which is all the more amazing, since it was so dour in its first season that it was my least favorite of them all.  Now it's got everything I want, and some other things I didn't know that I wanted until it did them.  It's imaginative, funny, deeply humanistic, well-paced, etc.  We're one episode out from the season finale, but I don't think you can go wrong with a binge of season four.
Back to Top profile | search | www

Doug Centers
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:06am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Yeah, LEGENDS is "hands down" my favorite of the 3 I watch. 

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Dave and Doug: Legends of Tomorrow is the only CW DC show I make a point to watching now. 

I'm curious to see if the show gets pulled into the CW DC Crisis on Infinite Earths storyline the Fall. Maybe we'll find out next week in the
finale.

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 17 May 2019 at 8:40pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

They confirmed that all five shows will be participating in this years crossover, so it looks like the Legends are in.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 18 May 2019 at 4:31am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

I absolutely loved S3 of LEGENDS, but I thought this season has been a bit weaker. Last season had a better balance of superhero show, comedy, and Silver Age-style over-the-top wackiness. This year feels like they've leaned too hard on the comedy at the expense of the superhero show, although the last few episodes have been better about that.

Other issues with this season: 

- I'm fine with a Gary or a Mona type character, but not both at the same time.
- The Sara struggling with being domesticated by Ava storyline is too rom-sitcomish. Made even weirder when she shows up in ARROW and you are reminded that she's a former assassin resurrected by a Lazarus Pit.
- Some of the season-long plot just doesn't make sense because they changed direction part way through.

INVISO TEXT (Click or highlight to reveal):
Hank was supposed to be the big bad as implied by the early part of the season, but everyone found Thomas F. Wilson too charming and loveable (who knew Biff Tannen had such a lovely singing voice?), so they altered course.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 3
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version