Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 2
Topic: AOC quotes Alan Moore’s Watchmen Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2019 at 4:39am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

She scares the shit out of putrid, old greedy bigots and I fucking love her for that alone.

What she is is Bernie Sanders in a very attractive form.  And thats why she is under the skin of tired old establishment figures on both sides.  Her politics harken back to FDR.  And FDR spoke of an America that should take care of all of its citizens as a legal right.  And the wealthy (who benefit the most from a healthy, well educated, prosperous and happy workforce) would contribute with their tax dollars.   But somewhere around the time Reagan got his wrinkled ass in Washington DC the rich decided they would flip the script and cut their own taxes (REPEATEDLY!) and make damn sure anyone who wasn’t in the club already would have a harder time getting in.  They also decided to change the Constitution so that their money had just as much right to vote as a citizen does.  And that changed the game for the worse.

AOC wants to flip that and take the power back from the American oligarchs....just like Bernie advocated.  And thats why she is the constant source of right wing scorn.  

Because she is young (so her rhetoric will be in the public’s ear for DECADES).  

Because she is attractive (so that makes it difficult for the media to not pay attention to her).  

Because she is brown (and old, rich, filthy bigots hate brown people for whatever reasons).

Because she knows social media better than all her detractors (and as a millennial herself, the new generation of voters can connect to her because she speaks their language and lives their lives). 

I keep telling people that Bernie Sanders really won the past few elections. His ideas are the ones that took root in the public.  And his ideas were the winning ticket in the mid-terms.  For the most part, Democrats who took up his mantle succeeded.  And the progressive agenda seems to be the only one who can benefit EVERYBODY for the long haul.  

I love her and I wish her all the best.  She is only going to get better at this.
Back to Top profile | search

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2019 at 6:18am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

I don't know, I still feel like we're never going to go too far left or too far right. And to me, that's a good thing. What works for people in one state is not necessarily a priority in another. A compromise (remember those?) usually is best met in the middle. The far right was excited by the Tea Party years ago to the point that many middle leaning Republicans who could work with the other side started losing (because they were "RINOs") and they're influence is starting to fade. This kind of strikes me as the same thing. I guess we'll see. 

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 January 2019 at 9:02am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

The "far right" is in support of policies that degrade, demean, marginalize and misrepresent persons of color, women, children, immigrants, and the environment.

There is nothing about the true progressive agenda that compares in the same vein.  

Voting Rights?  
The right wants to make it harder for particular people (who aren't not they're constituency) to vote.

The left want to make it easier for all citizens to vote.

Climate Change?
The right is hiring oil executives and lobbyists to run the EPA and are actively dismantling it from within.

The left is proposing The Green New Deal. 

Economic Equality?
The right just gave you yet another take on Trickle down economics.  

The left will once again come after the GOP is out of power and repair the economy.  This cycle has gone on for decades.

Race/Gender/Equality Issues?
The right gives you Steve King...and Donald Trump and scores of other spineless, feckless embarrassments like them.  The right supported a reported child molester for Congress....

The left brought Andrew Gillum, Stacy Abrams, AOC, Muslim men and women, Latinos, and other AMERICANS into the political forefront. 

I refuse to play the 'false equivalence' game.  The right is out of chances to be negotiated with.  Why the hell would you compromise with someone who only holds hot, wet shit in their hands to offer? 

Edited by David Allen Perrin on 14 January 2019 at 9:03am

Robert Ingrao
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 January 2019 at 6:11am | IP Logged | 4 post reply

great post, great comments. 3rd time today i've read about the false equivalence of the parties.
Back to Top profile | search | www

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

<< Prev Page of 2
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version