The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum
Topic: New Comics 03/13/2019 Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 7:09am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Still in China but I have Internet.

Here’s what’s waiting for me once I’m back home:

• Catwoman #9 - I'm a few issues behind on this one but my son really enjoys it.
  • Batman who laughs: the grim knight #1 - not sure about this one but I’ll give the first issue a try.
  • Amazing Spider-man #17 - one issue behind due to my trip to China but still enjoying this title.
Back to Top profile | search

Shawn Kane
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 9:45am | IP Logged | 2 post reply

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero Silent Option #4- This is kind of a weird story that would have been a perfect Special Missions story back in the day.

Hawkman #10- Still enjoying this book. I'm looking forward to and end to the mystery and more sci-fi superhero stuff.

Superman #9- I'm still liking the book but I can't say I'm in love with what they've done with Superboy.

Wonder Woman #66- Good mix of art and story. 

Amazing Spider-Man #17- The book that I never thought I'd like but one that I look forward to.

Marvels Annotated #2-Never owned the original. 

Tony Stark Iron Man #9- An interesting story but I'm hoping it doesn't lead to Tony Stark being ruined financially.

John Popa
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 10:42am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Fairly big week for me ...

Buffy #3 - Didn't #2 just come out? Is this bi-weekly? I don't know, but so far the reboot is intriguing.

Cyberforce #9 - I guess I'm a sucker to support Silvestri (who isn't even really involved.)

Dark Ark #15 - Always a good read.

Empty Man #5 - I like this one a lot too. Cullen Bunn has a lot going on, but this one is the most enjoyable to me.

Little Bird #1 - Not entirely sure what this is but it intrigued me enough to order it!

Marvels Annotated #2 - I liked the previous one for sure.

Robert Kowalewski II
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 9:21pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Picked up today:

Star Wars: Han Solo, Imperial Cadet #5 - It was a fun issue, it'll be interesting to see if they do anymore with the Solo based material...

Transformers #1 - I had every intention of paying for it, but apparently it was damaged so the shop I normally buy from gave it to me for free(guess I'm a good customer), I haven't read much Transformers lately so we'll see if it grabs me.

Waiting to pick up:

Superman #9 - My local store is at GAMA, so they're closed this through this week, I'll pick it up next week.

If I can find a copy:

Marvel Tales: Thor - The list of reprinted issues looks interesting...
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Gundars Berzins
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 13 March 2019 at 10:35pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

CATWOMAN #9
JAMES BOND ORIGIN #7
OBLIVIAN SONG #13
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Dave Phelps
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 14 March 2019 at 5:12am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Amazing Spider-Man #17 - coming off of two stories which had me concerned in the early chapter(s) but sticked the landing. Fingers crossed the trend will continue.    

Avengers - No Road Home #5 - still need to get started reading this one

Blackbird #6 - End of the first story

GI Joe - Silent Option #4 - enjoyed what I read so far, but I'd rather they keep it to the main title

William Costello
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 15 March 2019 at 5:26pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

DC: Superman #9; Wonder Woman #66.
IMAGE: Assassin Nation #1.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 16 March 2019 at 9:40pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

HIT-GIRL SEASON TWO #2 - Hope this has more writing by Kevin Smith than the first issue did.
PRODIGY #4 (OF 6) - Not Millar's best but entertaining enough. You can tell it was written for a lower budget Netflix show though.

BATMAN WHO LAUGHS THE GRIM KNIGHT #1 - Mostly purchased for the Risso art.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #17 - Yikes on the 5 bucks but it was oversized and a fun read. Spencer has been writing my favorite Spider-Man in years, but not crazy about he extra cost and the fact it's essentially weekly.
MARVEL SUPER-HERO ADVENTURES #1- My son's choice this week. Stars Spider-Man. 

Also picked these up in the last couple of weeks with birthday money. I may have mentioned getting the Byrne omnis here already but I'm super excited about them even though I already own all the original issues. Just getting them in this prestige format with so many pages is a thrill for me. Maestros by Steve Skroce was my favorite new comic of 2018, just really funny with some amazing art. The Wonder Woman by Rucka was half-priced due to being featured and covered by my favorite Youtube channel Near Mint Condition. Check them out. Omar has great coverage of new omnis and trades and it's good to watch to see what you might want to purchase and I love that they feature coverage of older stories in a show they do called OLD READER, NEW READERS which features Omar and two beautiful ladies, Amanda and Madyln doing their review after reading them. This weeks covered the Dark Phoenix saga by Claremont, JB, and Terry Austin. And I've never read Skizz by Alan Moore and Jim Baikie. It's one of the few things by Moore I haven't read. Sad to hear that DC canceled the Aquaman by Peter David collections with book three and book two might be the last. Damn you, DC. 

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version