Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV << Prev Page of 23 Next >>
Topic: Game of Thrones Final Season Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2019 at 10:32am | IP Logged | 1 post reply

About the video Michael linked to....

Funny, but so bizarre. It's actually from Sesame Street. I mean, what parent is letting their preschool child watch "Game of Thrones"? 
Back to Top profile | search | www

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2019 at 7:04pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Hypothetical question: If you were in love and having sex with someone as beautiful as Danaerys and found out she was your aunt would you stop? Because not sure I would. Especially in a family where incest is encouraged to keep the dragon blood line pure.

Edited by Shane Matlock on 19 April 2019 at 7:04pm
Back to Top profile | search

Rick Senger
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 3:09pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

They pretty much confirmed what we've suspected (taking out the Night King would take out all of the white walkers) and that he would therefore likely hang back.   It will be interesting to see how they strategize reaching the Night King; so far their preparations look more designed to stave off the initial frontal assault (that collapsing bridge seems intended to dump the first wave into a pit of boiling oil).  The conjecture about how dragon fire will affect the Night King suggests the remaining dragons will be front and center though I suspect that approach won't work.  (Nor will the defenses work against the turned dragon.) Still, they might use a dragon to ferry Dany and Jon and others behind the lines to try to get at The Night King. 

I've heard complaints about the lack of action in the first two episodes but I've quite enjoyed most of the character interactions and "bits."  With the battle underway in the next episode, I fear we may not have that many personal moments left going forward as this show's fights tend to be furious and quite involved.  The four remaining episodes will surely allow some respites / breaths interspersed with the shock and awe but even assuming the good guys win and we get a decent post portem / resolution to GOT question, things are going to fly fast and we really are very near the wistful end.

Edited by Rick Senger on 22 April 2019 at 3:11pm
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 4:44pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Hypothetical question: If you were in love and having sex with someone as beautiful as Danaerys and found out she was your aunt would you stop? Because not sure I would. Especially in a family where incest is encouraged to keep the dragon blood line pure.

------

Given that Jon's first response was "Ned Stark lied to me!" and Dany's first response was "I have a competing claim to the Iron Throne!", either an aunt-nephew relationship is not that big a deal in Westeros, or they have really messed up priorities. Or both!

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 4:54pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Bran keeping Jaime's secret has me trying to recall something:

Catelyn Stark figured out that Bran was pushed off the tower because he spotted Cersei and Jaime together, yes? But she didn't share that with anyone other than Robb?

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 8:02pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

As I recall, nobody every knew what happened exactly when Bran fell from the tower. Most just assumed he slipped and didn't know about the fact that he was pushed. Catelyns investigation of the matter was more about uncovering the owner of the dagger from the assassin who was sent in to kill him when it became clear he wasn't going to die from his injuries. I'm pretty sure that the only people who know the truth about Bran being pushed are Bran, Jaime and Cersei.

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 8:49pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

As I recall, nobody every knew what happened exactly when Bran fell from the tower. Most just assumed he slipped and didn't know about the fact that he was pushed. Catelyns investigation of the matter was more about uncovering the owner of the dagger from the assassin who was sent in to kill him when it became clear he wasn't going to die from his injuries.

-----

Maybe I'm thinking of Ned. He put two and two together and figured out that Bran was pushed out the window because he saw Jaime and Cersei together. He obviously didn't tell anyone.

David Allen Perrin
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 4:36am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Jamieís secret died with Kat.

And Iím betting the Night King (and Viserion) arenít at Winterfell....

Christopher Frost
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 5:40am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Next episode... the hammer drops at Winterfell. I don't expect all of our favorites to survive the episode.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 8:17am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Fortunately, women, children, dwarfs and fat guys will be safe in the crypts. Extraordinarily safe. No need to worry about any of them at all.
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

Matt Hawes
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 April 2019 at 9:46am | IP Logged | 11 post reply

Rick Senger wrote:
...I've heard complaints about the lack of action in the first two episodes but I've quite enjoyed most of the character interactions and "bits." ...

The calm before the storm.

I also have enjoyed the character bits. It seems to me most seasons have had these "quiet" episodes before a big action one, in any event.

Back to Top profile | search | www

Michael Roberts
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 28 April 2019 at 8:43pm | IP Logged | 12 post reply

Fuck yeah, Arya!

<< Prev Page of 23 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version