Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
TV
Byrne Robotics > TV
Topic: Bosch Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 19 April 2019 at 9:54pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Anyone else watching this on Amazon Prime? Season five just premiered today and I can't wait to binge watch it over the weekend. Great show based on the excellent Michael Connelly series of novels. Probably my favorite Amazon original show although The Tick and The Man in High Castle (I'm a bit behind on this one) and Goliath are all great as well.
Back to Top profile | search

Matt Reed
Byrne Robotics Security
Robotmod

Posted: 20 April 2019 at 11:47pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Fan since Season 1.  We marathoned the first seven eps of Season 5 today and will finish the last three tomorrow.  You know it was picked up for two seasons, right?  Through Season 6 and you can tell how they're laying the groundwork for it this season.  

Excellent series.  The only knock is that it can be too earnest, but I enjoy that.  Highly recommended.

Jonathan A. Dowdell
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2019 at 7:15am | IP Logged | 3 post reply

I also love Bosch. Have been a fan of the novels for about 5 years. The show took me a little while to warm up to, but once I got through halfway through season one I was hooked. I haven't started season 5 yet, I will this week.

I am always impressed how they weave three of Connelly's books (typically three) into one season. It is a real lesson in taking source material and fitting it to another medium. 

If only they could introduce Connelly's other character Mickey Haller to the series.

Petter Myhr Ness
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2019 at 12:01pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Huge fan, and looking forward to starting on the new season now. The best crime show around, in my opinion, by far.

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 21 April 2019 at 10:41pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

Matt, I didn't know it had been renewed for two more seasons, but that's good news that we'll get at least one more season, and hopefully more. There's enough source material from the many excellent Michael Connelly novels to keep it going for quite a few more seasons. I binge watched the first six episodes last night and this season was just as fantastic as the previous ones. So much great acting on this show and damn fine writing that does its source material proud. 

Jonathan, I'd love for them to be able to bring in Mickey Haller so they could do some of the crossover novels featuring Bosch and Haller from Connelly's other great series of novels the Lincoln Lawyer ones.

Peter, Bosch is one of my favorite crime series since the Wire and so of course it features a couple of great actors from that series. Lance Reddick is just so damn good in everything he's in. There seems to be a degree of realism in Connelly and David Simon's writing that comes from being crime journalists before they were fiction writers. 

Steve De Young
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 9:06am | IP Logged | 6 post reply

I've also been watching since season one.  I refer to it as the show where cops don't act like idiots.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 7 post reply

5??  Sheesh, I am WAY behind.  I've only been through the first two seasons!

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 April 2019 at 10:26am | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Great to see so many fans of the show here. I finished season 5 last night and it definitely set things up for season 6. Was anyone that has seen it surprised by the cameo in the second episode? Nice call back to season one.

Jozef Brandt
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 July 2019 at 5:10pm | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Love the books, love the show. 

I just read that there is going to be a Lincoln Lawyer series on CBS (?) but there is little chance of a Bosch crossover. 

Shane Matlock
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 09 July 2019 at 11:46pm | IP Logged | 10 post reply

That's a shame, Jozef. Would loved to have seen those crossover books between the two end up on TV.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version