Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 8 Next >>
Topic: John Byrne Says/Draws (Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 7:37am | IP Logged | 1  

Gawd, the erection he must have now that there's a topic dedicated to him.

He pretends that he's doing JB a favor by publicizing his art outside of his own site (a "favor" that was never asked for, btw), then acts like a deer caught in the headlights when someone tries to call him out on it ("he should be happy that I'm sloppily plagiarizing him!"). I don't get the obsession with the number of Twitter and Instagram followers he gets - in the end it seems like that's the whole reason why he does it.

I also don't get the JB-hate circle-jerk that goes on between him and the 5-10 expatriates that go back and forth on the same points over and over again (I'm assuming - I stopped looking a while ago because the toxic negativity was just too off-putting). There are plenty of people in the world (some in comics, also) that I don't care for - yet I just don't have the desire (or time!) to keep talking about those individuals incessantly online.

Plus, JB is just one man. Just like pretty much the rest of us, his opinions really will have no bearing on anything substantial in the world today in the end (Connecticut is not even a swing state, either). Why get so worked up on them to begin with? I'm sure he has an opinion or two that I disagree with as well if I really bothered to think about it - but I never thought to get angry about it. Life's too short for such pettiness. I feel bad for those that waste mental and emotional energy like that.
Back to Top profile | search

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 7:44am | IP Logged | 2  

Crusaders, Vinny! Crusaders.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 9:41am | IP Logged | 3  

I can almost hear the claims that free speech is being trampled now. Kudos to those of you that can read some of the comments and "discussion".

Edited by Eric Ladd on 10 June 2019 at 9:42am

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 9:52am | IP Logged | 4  

John Byrne wrote:
Watch as I come out the bad guy in this!

It goes without saying that if it all goes pear-shaped, I'll be using the defense that I was only acting at the behest of Don Byrne, head of the JBF crime family.

So captain courageous does a 5 part reply to my post there, detailing JB's many and varied heinous activities - which, by the way, shocked me to the core - presumably to justify his need to be your moral policeman. Then confusingly, he both goads me to reply to these dire charges, while stating that he won't read my reply.

He also brags about his many followers vs. my 0 follower (created today) personal Twitter account. That sure showed me. Not sure if I'll go outside today after that beatdown, the world really is a cruel place :(
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 10:00am | IP Logged | 5  

I see now he’s trying to wring something out of my new “BFF” relationship with Mia Farrow— tho this time he’s “paraphrasing”.

Tough to be Champion of the Eternal Truth when one has to make stuff up.

Charles Valderrama
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 10:10am | IP Logged | 6  

Definitely think he's loving the attention he's getting from this thread. Crazy what people will do on social media.

-C!
Back to Top profile | search | www

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 10:44am | IP Logged | 7  

At least this was thread serves its original purpose: reminding everybody that site has no connection to me.

Richard Stevens
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 11:00am | IP Logged | 8  

Watch as I come out the bad guy in this!

I can bring down some old school donuts from DONUT DIP and tweet about it, if you really want the guy to spontaneously combust. 

Back to Top profile | search | www

David Teller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 4:30pm | IP Logged | 9  

He seems quite bitter and sarcastic for a fan...

Anyway, I reported him as he is reposting copyrighted content. 

Andy Mokler
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 6:54pm | IP Logged | 10  

I don't know the right approach to things like this.  For example, there was a YouTube video I stumbled across where someone in the comments was claiming that JB, among other things, had proudly stated that it was he who launched the "Jack the Hack" phrase back in the day.

Is it worth the bother to contradict someone so misinformed/dishonest?

Like with this Twitter guy.  Any real JB fan knows that JB only posts on his own site.  Would it do any good to post that on Twitter?  All it really does is give this person attention and interaction.  But, I suppose it might set at least one person straight in the process and be worth something.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 10 June 2019 at 7:11pm | IP Logged | 11  

When Big Bad Byrne stories started circulating, not very long after I quit X-MEN, my reaction was to ignore them. Anyone who lived anywhere near the real world would surely know they were mostly false, and what remained was wildly exaggerated.

What I could not anticipate was the weaving of BBBS becoming a cottage industry, exploding in the age of the internet.

So, yes, falsehoods must be addressed.

Sergio Saavedra
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 11 June 2019 at 8:08am | IP Logged | 12  

It is a weird attitude. It wold be difficult to properly express with words what JB's run in the different titles of Superman meant to me. When he left, I felt really dissapointed. But I was dissappointed with the fact that JB had gone, not dissappointed in him as a person or as an artist. That distinction was so obvious to me, even being a teenager, that I fail to understand people like this.

<< Prev Page of 8 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version