Active Topics | Member List | Search | Help | Register | Login
The John Byrne Forum
Byrne Robotics > The John Byrne Forum << Prev Page of 38 Next >>
Topic: Impeachment (Again) Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 12:08pm | IP Logged | 1 post reply

Everyone should keep in mind for 2020: the GOP in the House refused to hold Trump accountable and they LOST the House by a historic margin.

The result in 2020 could easily be the same if the GOP Senate continues to protect Trump's criminal actions.

We cannot become the "United States of Corruption"... we ALL need to believe in truth, bring in the necessary votes and stop this madness.

-C!

Back to Top profile | search | www

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 12:32pm | IP Logged | 2 post reply

Why does it have to be even remotely a close call though. Like the recent Kentucky race... I am astonished it can be so close after all the undemocratic and sheer forcing b.s. anyone who wants to must have witnessed. And is one party just hopelessly corrupt and to be written off in most parts of the U.S.? A long long way from reaching any grand vision. :^(

Obviously we hop, even pray, for the best, but soooo close a lot of the time? A few more Russian fake news 'ads', a bit more created-from-next-to-nothing mud thrown around, and slip slide and away?
Back to Top profile | search | www e-mail

John Byrne
Grumpy Old Guy

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 1:12pm | IP Logged | 3 post reply

Obviously we hop, even pray...

•••

Favorite typo of the year!

Back to Top profile | search

Rebecca Jansen
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 4:50pm | IP Logged | 4 post reply

Watched another chunk of today's coverage, they haven't quite nailed the case down against Trump as explicitly as I think it would need, but then the White House seems allowed to keep documents and witnesses from them., and then they call the Democrats unfair?

It's part of the Lord's plan to have typos to puncture the pompous. :^)

I'll also be 'hopping' and praying for a good election result for old blighty in their upcoming election (hey, I'm on the same side of Alan Moore who is at least as scared, though more vitriolic in name-calling them). Okay, I don't actually pray for stuff like that, more like "dear Lord, please protect me from your more enthusiastic followers". Maybe I should pray deliver me from typos and see how it works out for me. I do know there are people praying over these things... not working so well for them really either unless they are of the God is with Trump faction seeing the divine hand there.

Boris seems to be banking on this huge and great trade deal Trump will make with him underneath all the other 'issues', that's what I see, and he is withholding
his own government's report on Russian interference in the Brexit vote! You can't get rid of these obvious Compass Caterer types anymore, just stand back and watch how many get taken to the cleaners while they install their gold faucets etc.

Edited by Rebecca Jansen on 22 November 2019 at 4:52pm

Koroush Ghazi
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 5:32pm | IP Logged | 5 post reply

I'm quite concerned that this impeachment hoo-ha is derailing Trump's plans to completely eliminate national debt within 8 years. I haven't checked recently, but I believe he was well on the way to doing just that before the Democrats decided to launch this witch hunt.

Joking aside, if any of you get the chance, head on over to breitbart.com and see how the sub-85 IQ crowd live. It's like something out of the Star Trek episode "Mirror, mirror": everything is the exact opposite of what it really is. I find the place a blessing in that it provides a direct feed into the mindset of "conservative" US voters, and the far right in general across the globe.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 7:33pm | IP Logged | 6 post reply

Koroush, I maintain a right-wing twitter feed precisely so I can step out of my bubble and glimpse through the insanity mirror (without having to interact with relatives.) Hoo boy.

Kevin Brown
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 9:47pm | IP Logged | 7 post reply

Now THIS in an interesting turn of events.

David Miller
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 22 November 2019 at 11:14pm | IP Logged | 8 post reply

Big surprise. Craven self-interest is enough to explain pro-Trump die-hardedtry, but I wouldn't be surprised if numerous figures on the right are similarly treacherously compromised.

I was (kind of) amazed by the pig-biting rage talk radio expressed in 2016 when it was revealed the Obama administration wiretapped the fine, fine people at the Russian embassy. It strikes me as unlikely there is such a huge market for sketchy vitamin supplements to justify the volume and expense of saturation advertisement heard on talk radio, and an enterprising journalist might uncover a story about inflated advertising rates being used to launder foreign influence. Someone like the prostitute-loving Rush Limbaugh is ripe for kompromat.

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2019 at 11:07am | IP Logged | 9 post reply

Nunes was an absolute ass during the hearings and I hope proof in the form of emails or taped conversations come to light that roast him alive. Why are the opinions on Trump, Nunes, Graham, McConnell, etc. so diametrically opposed? There are people that love these men and the men like them and then others that hate them completely as destroyers of democracy. We can't all be right, but what allows some people to be so damned wrong?

Eric Sofer
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2019 at 11:17am | IP Logged | 10 post reply

Eric L. - good post, but it's too long. You could have stopped right before the first "during."

Eric Ladd
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 23 November 2019 at 12:13pm | IP Logged | 11 post reply

=)

Mark McKay
Byrne Robotics Member

Posted: 24 November 2019 at 7:48am | IP Logged | 12 post reply

So, I’ve been trying to keep up with all of this, but may have missed something. Is there yet any truly tangible evidence linking Trump to a quid pro quo or bribery? Beyond the transcript the White House released, which is open to interpretation? So far it’s seemed like testimony from individuals, which doesn’t seem like actual evidence, just “he-said-he-said” statements. Anything tangible yet proving Trump himself asked for these things? 

I’ve been reading through Sondland’s emails and the closest it gets is Trump telling them to deal with Giuliani. But that doesn’t seem hard enough for an impeachment conviction for the President himself.
Back to Top profile | search e-mail

<< Prev Page of 38 Next >>
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version